1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    10 Dec '16 13:17
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Do you think it's perfectly okay to "pick and choose" which of Christ's commandments to obey and which to ignore?

Because you're ignoring a few right now, just like others in this forum who spend their time judging their Christian brothers.
    Do you think that Paul picked and chose which commands to follow?
  2. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    10 Dec '16 14:16
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    More nonsense from your church doctrine.
    Can you tell me why you believe it's nonsense, or should I just take your word for it?
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    10 Dec '16 14:25
    Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
    Can you tell me why you believe it's nonsense, or should I just take your word for it?
    It is nonsense because you start off with a definition of dead works which is not in the Bible.
  4. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    10 Dec '16 16:33
    It is nonsense because you start off with a definition of dead works which is not in the Bible.
    What then does the Bible say is 'dead works' if you disagree with the definition that I have given, what do you view to be the correct definition?
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    10 Dec '16 16:581 edit
    What then does the Bible say is 'dead works' if you disagree with the definition that I have given, what do you view to be the correct definition?
    YOU justify YOUR definition. I made no definition neither am I prepared to educate an arrogant person like you.
  6. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    10 Dec '16 17:321 edit
    YOU justify YOUR definition. I made no definition neither am I prepared to educate an arrogant person like you.
    Now you are the one sounding a little arrogant. Do you believe 'good works' can be 'dead' and that 'dead works' exist? Yes or No?
  7. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    10 Dec '16 21:131 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    I explain it by this passage:

"Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
    Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it." -- Matthew 7:13-14, KJV

Not all Christians will have an easy time at ...[text shortened]... not.

Among those who will not are a few here, whom I would label the "aggressively arrogant".
    This helps underscore my point. Most of Christianity has lost its way and is not "driven by love", but by fear, self-centeredness, etc.
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    10 Dec '16 21:511 edit
    Now you are the one sounding a little arrogant. Do you believe 'good works' can be 'dead' and that 'dead works' exist? Yes or No?
    There are no good works that can be dead. Dead works are works which some people [including Christians, or even especially Christians] are guilty of because they believe that they are going something good when in fact THEY ARE NOT OBEYING CHRIST.

Luk 6:46  And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say? 

Obedience to Christ is good works.

Here again:

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.(Matthew 7:21-23 KJV)

There are Christian pastors and preachers who cast out devils, attempt to prophesy etc and they believe that is good works.

Jesus's definition of good works is in Matt 25,
  9. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    10 Dec '16 22:05
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    This helps underscore my point. Most of Christianity has lost its way and is not "driven by love", but by fear, self-centeredness, etc.
    I'd say mostly self centeredness.
  10. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    11 Dec '16 00:052 edits
    Originally posted by Eladar
    I'd say mostly self centeredness.
    The way that Trump so openly and unapologetically exhibited xenophobia, racism, jingoism, sexism, etc. that appealed to many of his supporters have a basis in fear was well as self-centeredness - as does greed for that matter. Though it seems that a case could be made that ultimately fear has self-centeredness as its basis, so I'm inclined to agree.

People like people like themselves. It's quite telling that Trump has so many Christian supporters.
  11. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    11 Dec '16 00:18
    The way that Trump so openly and unapologetically exhibited xenophobia, racism, jingoism, sexism, etc. that appealed to many of his supporters have a basis in fear was well as self-centeredness - as does greed for that matter. Though it seems that a case could be made that ultimately fear has self-centeredness as its basis, so I'm inclined to agree.

Pe ...[text shortened]... ple like people like themselves. It's quite telling that Trump has so many Christian supporters.
    I have to disagree. Your point of view is the libtard point of view.

I'd say the Christians voted against Hillary and the Democrat platform.
  12. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    11 Dec '16 00:532 edits
    I have to disagree. Your point of view is the libtard point of view.

I'd say the Christians voted against Hillary and the Democrat platform.
    Earlier you posited that most of Christianity has lost its way because it is driven by self-centeredness rather than love.

Given the above and the fact that most Christians voted for Trump, it follows that most Christians voting "against Hillary and the Democrat platform" was similarly driven by self-centeredness rather than love.

Like I said: "People like people like themselves. It's quite telling that Trump has so many Christian supporters."
  13. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    11 Dec '16 01:34
    Earlier you posited that most of Christianity has lost its way because it is driven by self-centeredness rather than love.

Given the above and the fact that most Christians voted for Trump, it follows that most Christians voting "against Hillary and the Democrat platform" was similarly driven by self-centeredness rather than love.

Like I said: "Peo ...[text shortened]... le like people like themselves. It's quite telling that Trump has so many Christian supporters."
    If you had to choose between Adolf Hitler for president or me, who would you choose?

Would you be voting for me or against Hitler.

In tje last election people chose Trump over Hillary and no more.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Dec '16 01:50
    If you had to choose between Adolf Hitler for president or me, who would you choose?

You believe that Hillary was going to try to exterminate the Jews or something comparable?
  15. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    11 Dec '16 02:18

What does this have to do with the main point of my post?

Most Christians are driven by self-centeredness and Trump is driven by self-centeredness and they voted for him.

Like I said: "People like people like themselves. It's quite telling that Trump has so many Christian supporters."

Interesting that you brought up Hitler though, since Hitler also "openly and unapologetically exhibited xenophobia, racism, jingoism, sexism, etc. that appealed to many of his supporters".

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree