Immoral Laws

Immoral Laws

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
03 Nov 14

Originally posted by whodey
Having a laugh? Not if he repented.
Why not? If you've escaped personal responsibility by having your sins removed, wouldn't you be happy? Do you get miserable after you've repented?

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
03 Nov 14

Originally posted by wolfgang59
Is a law requiring a woman to be stoned to death immoral?

Here is josepw's opinion.

It wasn't the law that was immoral.

No-brainer.

Subjective Question
Can your god (as far as you are concerned) make any law and that makes it moral?
Jesus replied, "Moses permitted you to divorce your wives because your hearts were hard. But it was not this way from the beginning. Matt. 19:8

w

Moves
03 Nov 14

Originally posted by C Hess
Why not? If you've escaped personal responsibility by having your sins removed, wouldn't you be happy? Do you get miserable after you've repented?
Luckily, I don't make such decisions. That is for God to make.

Moves
03 Nov 14

Originally posted by whodey
Luckily, I don't make such decisions. That is for God to make.
God decides if you're happy after you've been released from sin?

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
03 Nov 14

Originally posted by divegeester
Are you going to hide behind the dishonest pretence that you don't know what I'm talking about?
I know what you're talking about, but you're going to have to be specific.

Provide the scripture references for the "doctrine of eternal suffering in hell."

Is that too much to ask for?

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
03 Nov 14

Originally posted by twhitehead
Show me where I said that you supported the death penalty for adultery.

This is what you actually said:
The law of God calling adultery immoral and punishable by death is moral whether anyone likes it or not.

and that is what I commented on stating that you believe the death penalty for adultery is the moral thing to do.
In what way am I obfuscating?
In what way did I misquote you / misunderstand you?
You just don't get it twhitehead.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
04 Nov 14
1 edit

Originally posted by josephw
I know what you're talking about, but you're going to have to be specific.
Provide the scripture references for the "doctrine of eternal suffering in hell."
You now admit that you do actually know what I'm talking about instead of pretending you don't, but still you lack the courage of your convictions to speak out what you believe?

Why do I have to be "specific"? You are well noted for your avoidance of committing on this topic. I wonder why you are.

Do you believe that those in hell will suffer there eternally? It's not a difficult question Joseph.

Cape Town

Moves
04 Nov 14

You just don't get it twhitehead.
Probably not, which is why I had the decency to ask for an explanation. You on the other hand don't get it, but instead of asking for clarification, accused me of obfusticating. I can only conclude from this that you do not, in fact, wish to clarify your position ie you are the one guilty of obfusticating and your accusation was a reflection of you guilt.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
04 Nov 14

You now admit that you do actually know what I'm talking about instead of pretending you don't, but still you lack the courage of your convictions to speak out what you believe?

Why do I have to be "specific"? You are well noted for your avoidance of committing on this topic. I wonder why you are.

Do you believe that those in hell will suffer there eternally? It's not a difficult question Joseph.
I believe what the Word of God says. What about you?

If anyone is a pretender it's you dive.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
04 Nov 14

Originally posted by twhitehead
Probably not, which is why I had the decency to ask for an explanation. You on the other hand don't get it, but instead of asking for clarification, accused me of obfusticating. I can only conclude from this that you do not, in fact, wish to clarify your position ie you are the one guilty of obfusticating and your accusation was a reflection of you guilt.
Don't you find it interesting how similar you sound to the geester?

Cape Town

Moves
04 Nov 14

Don't you find it interesting how similar you sound to the geester?
If we sound similar to you, then its probably an indication that we are both right - and you are deliberately avoiding giving an honest answer.

F

Moves
04 Nov 14

Oh dear. This is not josephw's finest hour. 😞

F

Moves
04 Nov 14

If anyone is a pretender it's you dive.
Do you subscribe to the same tortured-for-eternity/eternal torment theology propagated by the likes of sonship and Grampy Bobby on this forum?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
04 Nov 14

I have unequivocally stated my position many times across many threads.

So what do you believe the word says about those who are in hell - are they there for eternity in flames, or not?

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
04 Nov 14

I have unequivocally stated my position many times across many threads.

So what do [b]you
believe the word says about those who are in hell - are they there for eternity in flames, or not?[/b]
Pure Goodness thread, page twenty three.

@sonship: on chains and other worlds thread, page two.

Maybe if you didn't spend so much time focused on your own posts you wouldn't have to be so redundant. This time read what I said. Try to comprehend.