1. Standard memberCalJust
    It is what it is
    Pretoria
    Moves
    28 Mar '14 13:42
    Originally posted by FabianFnas

Those who are silent are do they agree or disagree? I say that to be silence is to agree to the teachings of RJHinds.

Let RJHinds know that he is among a very small minority. Don't be silent. Just protest when he spew out christian hatred in the name of your god. Do or don't, it's your decision.
    I have said this on many occasions: I disagree with almost everything that RJH posts here. In particular:
    1. His continuous and most annoying reference to "evilution", which, when confronted with facts and comments from other Christian commentators, he dismisses without any counter argument except that "they can't be true Christians"

2. His animosity and hatred against atheists. If Jesus had exhibited that behaviour, we would not have any Christianity - any dialogue starts with mutual respect.

3. His pathological hatred of any other Christian group that does not totally agree with his own, tunnel vision "understanding" of scripture. Does everybody on RHP notice this except himself?

There are more, but these three suffice for now.

This just to put the record straight. I also agree with the comment that one does not have to reply to every single one of his posts in order to let it be understood that he does NOT talk for the entire Christian community.

😠
  2. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    28 Mar '14 13:50
    Originally posted by CalJust
    I have said this on many occasions: I disagree with almost everything that RJH posts here. In particular:
    1. His continuous and most annoying reference to "evilution", which, when confronted with facts and comments from other Christian commentators, he dismisses without any counter argument except that "they can't be true Christians"

2. His animosity and ...[text shortened]... in order to let it be understood that he does NOT talk for the entire Christian community.

😠
    I have to take exception with your second point.

Although I am not saying that our Lord Jesus Christ exhibited hatred toward atheists (since there weren't any for Him to hate), I don't think anyone who is familiar with the narratives would agree with Him beginning dialogue with "mutual respect."

In fact, it was His complete and utter contempt toward the powers that be--- an overwhelming animosity and disrespect--- which assisted in making the eventual crucifixion a reality.

When He did speak to people, it was on the basis of His authority and that authority was at odds with any and all supplanting systems of power which were then in play.

No gentle chiding Christ, please.
  3. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    28 Mar '14 14:02

2. His animosity and ...[text shortened]... in order to let it be understood that he does NOT talk for the entire Christian community.

😠
    Thank you for your comments. That means that I am not alone thinking about the behaviour of RJHinds. If I was a christian (which I am not) I would be ashamed on his behalf when he tells us he too is a christian. Honour to you, CalJust!

Are there more christians thinking that the behaviour of *some* christians is more aggressive toward other-thinkers than needed?
  4. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    28 Mar '14 14:05
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby Thread 158548
    [b]"Interacting with 'Angry Atheists'"

Good morning, Fabian. Since your "mirroring" distorts the verbatim text, here's a direct link for our readers' convenience.[/b]
    We know that. And I think you distort the facts.

(a) There are aggressive theists towards atheists.
    (b) There are aggressive atheists towards theists.
    Which one of the above is correct, in your opinion?
    I think both are correct.
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    28 Mar '14 14:20
    .. one does not have to reply to every single one of his posts in order to let it be understood that he does NOT talk for the entire Christian community.
    Exactly. How anyone can believe otherwise ?
    Does everybody read every post of every thread and comment every time they disagree?
    I have better things to do.
  6. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    28 Mar '14 16:17
    It's enough to me to see people take a stand. Agree with the christian stupidity or disagree with christian supidity. RJHinds agrees with christian stupidity, we know that.

Those who are silent are do they agree or disagree? I say that to be silence is to agree to the teachings of RJHinds.

Let RJHinds know that he is among a very small minority. Don ...[text shortened]... test when he spew out christian hatred in the name of your god. Do or don't, it's your decision.
    Hmm, Christians that refuse to interact with RJHinds.

I think they're outsmarting us on this one. 😵
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Mar '14 16:49
    If anyone at my work at a coffee break say that "Noggers are stupid". If we meet him with cheers then he knows that we agree. If noone says anything, then he can think that noone disagrees with him, meaning that we after all agrees with him. If everyone does like me, saying "It's you who is stupid." then he knows that he has stepped over the line and at ...[text shortened]... all problem. Anti-Balaka (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-balaka) consists of people like him.
    I agree that if any poster sees any other poster postign offensive material such as you example here, then yes that should jump on them. But calling RJHinds on every matter of idiocy he posts is like trying to catch raindrops.
  8. Standard memberCalJust
    It is what it is
    Pretoria
    Moves
    29 Mar '14 09:47
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Although I am not saying that our Lord Jesus Christ exhibited hatred toward atheists (since there weren't any for Him to hate), I don't think anyone who is familiar with the narratives would agree with Him beginning dialogue with "mutual respect."
    Hi Freaky,
    I am quite prepared to engage you on this point.

True, there were no "atheists" in that day - it was either Judaism, or Greek or Roman polytheism. I should maybe have said "non-religious" or "non-Jewish" people.

It is a fact that Jesus saved most of his most scathing words for the pompous religious know-it-alls of his day, NOT the Romans or Greeks. In fact, he specifically singled out a Centurion, i.e. one that was NOT of his faith, for dialogue and praise.

If you just glance over briefly the attacks that RJH has launched against so called atheists, and ponder for a moment what his possible motive could be, then consider whether in your wildest dreams these could be considered as "evangelism" or "witnessing" or "drawing them closer" ? Can you mention just ONE non-Christian that has ever reacted positively (e.g.: Please tell me more!) to one of these "you are all evil and going to burn in hell for ever and ever!" tyrades?
  9. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    10 Apr '14 22:301 edit
    This is a thread mirroring Grampy Bobby thread "Interacting with 'Angry Atheists'" to show that he is one eyed angry theist.

• Name calling and mockery – Well, what we see here on RHP science Forum as well as Spiritual Forum, there is a source of name calling and mockery. And this source is RJHinds. However, very few of the christian participants objec ...[text shortened]... Be a good christian, or be a bad chrisitan. By agreeing to bad christians you are bad yourself.
    "This is a thread mirroring Grampy Bobby thread "Interacting with 'Angry Atheists'" to show that he is one eyed angry theist." (OP) The only person in the entire world I'm ever "angry" with is myself if and whenever I take my focus off Christ.

"When I write christians here, I mean people who agree with RJHinds." (OP) Fabian, agreeing with any human being hasn't
    a thing in the world to do with being a "Christian". Belief in Christ is the only criteria.
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    10 Apr '14 23:56
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I agree that if any poster sees any other poster postign offensive material such as you example here, then yes that should jump on them. But calling RJHinds on every matter of idiocy he posts is like trying to catch raindrops.
    ^^^
    This. But I keep telling him that he's not doing Christianity any favors.

Although I am also quick to jump in on the off chance that I agree with what he is saying. He does get an A for effort. He just needs to refine his accuracy.
  11. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    11 Apr '14 00:08
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    ^^^
    This. But I keep telling him that he's not doing Christianity any favors.

Although I am also quick to jump in on the off chance that I agree with what he is saying. He does get an A for effort. He just needs to refine his accuracy.
    Saying RJ just needs to refine his accuracy is like saying John Goodman just needs to snack a little less.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree