1. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    30 Jul '15 17:36
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    'But the anointing that you received from him abides in you, and you have no need that anyone should teach you. But as his anointing teaches you about everything, and is true, and is no lie—just as it has taught you, abide in him.' (1 John 2:27)

Edit: I know how much you like an atheist quoting the bible at you.
    I know how much you like an atheist quoting the bible at you.

How about a former atheist quoting the bible at her?

"Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for he who promised is faithful. And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near."

"For if we go on sinning deliberately after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, but a fearful expectation of judgment, and a fury of fire that will consume the adversaries."
    (Hebrews 10:23-27)
  2. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    30 Jul '15 18:13
    Originally posted by lemon lime
    [b]I know how much you like an atheist quoting the bible at you.

"Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for he who promised is faithful. And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but ...[text shortened]... ectation of judgment, and a fury of fire that will consume the adversaries."
    (Hebrews 10:23-27)[/b]
    Not bad brother lemon, but think my quote had a little more gravitas.
  3. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    30 Jul '15 18:25
    Not bad brother lemon, but think my quote had a little more gravitas.
    gravitas?

Why is that important? Truth doesn't need the support of 'gravitas'.
  4. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    30 Jul '15 18:593 edits
    Originally posted by chaney3
    I have read many posts here, and frankly, atheists have a great point. Is anything in our Bible really true? Is our Bible really the work of God, or just man made nonsense?

It seems illogical for a Christian to give Bible verses to an atheist to make a point, yet......at the same time, Christians are using Bible verses against each other to make their p ...[text shortened]... r God is a moron, or mankind is a bunch of morons who cannot agree on two things in the 'Bible'.
    Forget the Bible. Christianity is so much more than the Bible. There was no Bible for the first few centuries after Jesus, yet there were active Christian communities already before Paul's time. They survived without a Bible, so can you. The NT was never intended to be read by lay persons anyway; it was written for instructing priests in the correct doctrine.

The Bible is only the menu; the real meal is participation in the body of Christ in the world. That means, within a community of like-minded existential travelers. Get thee to thy local bishop and seek his advice.
  5. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    30 Jul '15 19:09
    gravitas?

Why is that important? Truth doesn't need the support of 'gravitas'.
    It is commonly known in atheistic circles that if you can get a Christian to quote from Hebrews or Leviticus you have won the argument.

And we all need the support of gravitas. (Or is that gravity?)
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Jul '15 19:13
    Originally posted by moonbus
    Forget the Bible. Christianity is so much more than the Bible. There was no Bible for the first few centuries after Jesus, yet there were active Christian communities already before Paul's time. They survived without a Bible, so can you. The NT was never intended to be read by lay persons anyway; it was written for instructing priests in the correct doctrine ...[text shortened]... ommunity of like-minded existential travelers. Get thee to thy local bishop and seek his advice.
    It has been proven that Jesus never intended to start a new religion...'Christianity'. Jesus always referred to the teachings of Moses in the OT. Man started Christianity.

In my limited knowledge of things, it seems absurd that all people will go to a hell if they don't believe in Jesus. It just doesn't make sense. We are to believe something that happened 2,000 years ago....or go to hell. My personal opinion is that God and Jesus are completely above man's opinions. When Jesus died on the Cross, ALL of mankind was saved.....ALL humans are saved.....regardless of beliefs. It is the only avenue that makes any sense at all.

For Christians who claim that if one does not believe in Jesus, they are doomed to hell.....I say that they are like children. It is absurd to think that an Almighty God would put such limitations on Salvation.

Has anyone seen a child born? I have. To think that this child is doomed to a hell because of a particular belief is wrong. God is much more than that. My Creator would not be so PETTY and immature.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Jul '15 23:04
    Jesus did not start Christianity.....man did.

Jesus did not intend to start a new 'religion'.

Jesus is much more than todays Christians give him credit. Todays Christians believe that they KNOW the truth. BS. You Christians know nothing. You are guessing from texts written 2,000 years ago.

Today's Christians know nothing. NOTHING. You are just guessing from written material from 2,000 years ago.

Kelly Jay, you know nothing. Sonship, you know nothing. Rak, you know nothing. GB, you know nothing. Dive, you know nothing. Robbie, you know nothing.

All of Christianity is based on something that happened 2,000 years ago. You are all fools to think that you hold the truth. All fools.
  8. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    31 Jul '15 00:091 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Look, it's bad enough that you are so pissed at God that you feel that He must be imaginary, but destroying another person's faith and leading them astray to eventually not believe in God or salvation is an even worse sin than your own disbelief. If there's any danger in religion, it's not on the theists' side. It's in those who would bend another to thei ...[text shortened]... o reject salvation because you convinced them to do so will weigh far more heavily on your soul.
    That is, unless, your system of belief is a load of dungReveal Hidden Content
    it is btw!
    - with no one going to hell on account of the fact that is all make-believe.

In that case we would be doing the teetering theist a great service by freeing from the shackles of iron age superstition. Not having to second-guess that figment of your imagination before making a decision!? priceless so it is πŸ™‚
  9. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    31 Jul '15 00:26
    It has been proven that Jesus never intended to start a new religion...'Christianity'. Jesus always referred to the teachings of Moses in the OT. Man started Christianity.

In my limited knowledge of things, it seems absurd that all people will go to a hell if they don't believe in Jesus. It just doesn't make sense. We are to believe something that h ...[text shortened]... ar belief is wrong. God is much more than that. My Creator would not be so PETTY and immature.
    When Jesus died on the Cross, ALL of mankind was saved.....ALL humans are saved.....regardless of beliefs. It is the only avenue that makes any sense at all.

Have you considered the possibility that the doctrine of "vicarious atonement" is in and of itself nonsensical? Or that it is antithetical to what Jesus taught while He walked the Earth?
  10. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    31 Jul '15 00:59
    I have read many posts here, and frankly, atheists have a great point. Is anything in our Bible really true? Is our Bible really the work of God, or just man made nonsense?

It seems illogical for a Christian to give Bible verses to an atheist to make a point, yet......at the same time, Christians are using Bible verses against each other to make their p ...[text shortened]... r God is a moron, or mankind is a bunch of morons who cannot agree on two things in the 'Bible'.
    "I have read many posts here, and frankly, atheists have a great point. Is anything in our Bible really true? Is our Bible really the work of God, or just man made nonsense?"

God is not a liar. Atheism is a lie.

"It seems illogical for a Christian to give Bible verses to an atheist to make a point, yet......at the same time, Christians are using Bible verses against each other to make their point. I am beginning to wonder if the Bible itself is man made, and if all of us are deceived somehow."

If you don't have a point of reference, that is, one you can rely on no matter what, then you're whistling in the wind. I have no idea how you're going to cypher it all out for yourself, but what ever happens believe the truth.

"Because frankly.......if God wanted us to truly know Him, then either God is a moron, or mankind is a bunch of morons who cannot agree on two things in the 'Bible'."

You hold the key in your hand. Believe God.

1 Corinthians 3:5-7
    Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man?
    I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase.
    So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase.
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    31 Jul '15 01:47
    Originally posted by Agerg
    That is, unless, your system of belief is a load of dung[hidden]it is btw![/hidden]- with no one going to hell on account of the fact that is all make-believe.

In that case we would be doing the teetering theist a great service by freeing from the shackles of iron age superstition. Not having to second-guess that figment of your imagination before making a decision!? priceless so it is πŸ™‚
    And it is practically impossible for you to understand that your 'freedom' is slavery, and your 'service' is death.
  12. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    31 Jul '15 02:01
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    And it is practically impossible for you to understand that your 'freedom' is slavery, and your 'service' is death.
    But we have peace with God, but the unbeliever is perplexed and has no peace.
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    31 Jul '15 08:45
    'But the anointing that you received from him abides in you, and you have no need that anyone should teach you. But as his anointing teaches you about everything, and is true, and is no lie—just as it has taught you, abide in him.' (1 John 2:27)

Edit: I know how much you like an atheist quoting the bible at you.
    Especially when atheists quote scriptures that they don't understand how it should be applied. How would such atheist account for the following verse?
    And let us not neglect our meeting together, as some people do, but encourage one another, especially now that the day of his return is drawing near.

(Hebrews 10:25 NLT)
  14. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    31 Jul '15 11:10
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Especially when atheists quote scriptures that they don't understand how it should be applied. How would such atheist account for the following verse?
    And let us not neglect our meeting together, as some people do, but encourage one another, especially now that the day of his return is drawing near.

(Hebrews 10:25 NLT)
    Well, it was probably written by a chap called Bob, 2000 years ago, who thought 'the return' was just around the corner.

2000 years later...
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    31 Jul '15 11:19
    [b]I know how much you like an atheist quoting the bible at you.

"Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for he who promised is faithful. And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but ...[text shortened]... ectation of judgment, and a fury of fire that will consume the adversaries."
    (Hebrews 10:23-27)[/b]
    What details do you know about the Bible?
    How old the books are?
    Who wrote the books?
    You know the Bible really is 66 different books right?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree