1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    22 Nov '16 14:283 edits
    Everyone is going to heaven, at least according to some libtards.

For those who actually believe this lie I ask....

When Jesus said that not all who call to Jesus lord lord will enter the kingdom of heaven, was Jesus just being a liar?
  2. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    22 Nov '16 15:061 edit
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Everyone is going to heaven, at least according to so libtards.

When Jesus said that not all who call to Jesus lord lord will enter the kingdom of heaven, was Jesus just being a liar?
    Of course not, In Matthew 7:21-23, Jesus makes it clear that the only ones that will enter the kingdom of heaven are those that do the will of the Father. To those who continue to do evil, i.e., commit sin, He will tell them that He never knew them and to get away from Him.

Matthew 7
    21“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ 23Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Nov '16 15:09
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    Of course not, In Matthew 7:21-23, Jesus makes it clear that the only ones that will enter the kingdom of heaven are those that do the will of the Father. To those who continue to do evil, i.e., commit sin, He will tell them that He never knew them and to get away from Him.

21“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of ...[text shortened]... les?’ 23Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’
    Is "heaven" then "the kingdom of heaven" ?

Are these two terms exactly synonymous?
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Nov '16 15:112 edits

So we can substitute the word "heaven" in place of "the kingdom of the heavens" in Matthew and always arrive at the exact same meaning ?

Entering into "the kingdom of heaven" in the New Testament is exactly entering into "heaven" ?
  5. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    22 Nov '16 15:19
    Originally posted by sonship
    Is [b]"heaven" then "the kingdom of heaven" ?

Are these two terms exactly synonymous?[/b]
    C'mon jaywill. How exactly do your questions logically follow what I posted?
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    22 Nov '16 15:41

We can create a cure for something, but unless it is applied it will not work.
    Jesus paid for all sins, but unless we go to Him, His death will be meaningless for our
    forgiveness. Which is why He is the only worthy part of this whole process, not us!
  7. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    22 Nov '16 15:54
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    We can create a cure for something, but unless it is applied it will not work.
    Jesus paid for all sins, but unless we go to Him, His death will be meaningless for our
    forgiveness. Which is why He is the only worthy part of this whole process, not us!
    Which means putting into practice what he taught.

Asking him into your heart could mean you are rocky soil or a patch of weeds.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Nov '16 15:542 edits
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    C'mon jaywill. How exactly do your questions logically follow what I posted?
    The question:

The reply of ThinkOfOne:

Of course not, In Matthew 7:21-23, Jesus makes it clear that the only ones that will enter the kingdom of heaven are those that do the will of the Father.

When you say "Of course not" you are referring to what was written about entering into heaven.

So I ask you if in your reply are you or are not working from the assumption that the questioners "heaven" is synonymous with your reply's "kingdom of heaven".

If it is not the assumption then just say so.
    But then clarity in your reply would be helpful to see this.

Your posturing that my question to you is unreasonable or not logical comes off as a bit evasive and pretentious.

You can always just say - "No, by kingdom of heaven I did not mean exactly heaven."
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    22 Nov '16 16:15
    Which means putting into practice what he taught.

Asking him into your heart could mean you are rocky soil or a patch of weeds.
    So tell me, if Jesus saves you is it because your the best or is it due to what He did?
    If you invite Him into your heart/life and He starts a good work in you, is it His work or yours?
    Can you even go to Jesus unless the Father draws you?
    If you don't belong to Him, does it matter what you do?
  10. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    22 Nov '16 16:24
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    So tell me, if Jesus saves you is it because your the best or is it due to what He did?
    If you invite Him into your heart/life and He starts a good work in you, is it His work or yours?
    Can you even go to Jesus unless the Father draws you?
    If you don't belong to Him, does it matter what you do?
    Is it his work or yours. Only God knows what is on your heart.

There are white washed graves and there are God's people. I will let God make that judgement.

You can judge if you like. Free will and all.
  11. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    22 Nov '16 16:36
    Originally posted by sonship
    The question:

The reply of ThinkOfOne:

Of course not, In Matthew 7:21-23, Jesus makes it clear that the only ones that will enter the kingdom of heaven are those that do the will of the Father.
    ...[text shortened]... u can always just say - "No, by [b]kingdom of heaven
    I did not mean exactly heaven."[/b]
    The point of my post was quite simple: According to Jesus in Matthew 7:21-23, only those who no longer continue to commit sin will enter the kingdom of heaven. Seems like the vast majority of Christians believe that they will enter the kingdom of heaven even though they continue to commit sin. The point was to point out exactly who Jesus said would and would not enter the kingdom of heaven.

This was the question asked in the OP:

This was my response:

This is the passage I cited:
    Matthew 7
    21“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ 23Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’

The OP referred to "the kingdom of heaven", my post referred to "the kingdom of heaven" and in the passage I cited, Jesus referred to "the kingdom of heaven".

So how exactly does what you just wrote logically follow?:
    When you say "Of course not" you are referring to what was written about entering into heaven.
  12. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    22 Nov '16 16:40

There are white washed graves and there are God's people. I will let God make that judgement.

Seems like you were making that judgment in your OP rather than letting "God make that judgment".
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    22 Nov '16 18:00

They were honest questions, not trying to trick you.
  14. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    22 Nov '16 18:14
    I gave an honest reply.

Jesus says to put his teachings into practice. If the person is doing it or is simply allowing Jesus to who knows.

No one knows but God. I leave it to God.
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    22 Nov '16 18:36
    I gave an honest reply.

Jesus says to put his teachings into practice. If the person is doing it or is simply allowing Jesus to who knows.

No one knows but God. I leave it to God.
    Okay, good enough...thanks

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree