most christians do not read the bible

most christians do not read the bible

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
09 Apr 17

Originally posted by Eladar
What I believe is none of your concern.

Please stop telling us then!

F

Moves
10 Apr 17

whodey to apathist: Stats please

He functions under FMF rules, demand from others what you are unwilling to do yourself.
What stats have you demanded that I was unwilling to give you?

E

Moves
10 Apr 17

Originally posted by wolfgang59
Please stop telling us then!
I didn't.

E

Moves
10 Apr 17

Originally posted by FMF
What stats have you demanded that I was unwilling to give you?
I have asked you many questions you have refused to answer. Finally I started telling you to bounce your ball.

F

Moves
10 Apr 17

I have asked you many questions you have refused to answer.
For example? Copy paste a few of them.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
10 Apr 17
1 edit

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
Given the number of Trump supporters who identify as Christian, it's a striking example of how far Christianity has drifted from the teachings of Jesus.
No.

It's an example of how far "Christians" have drifted.

Christianity doesn't "drift", only those who claim to follow it.

Eladar here is another example.

F

Moves
10 Apr 17

Originally posted by Suzianne
No.

Do you think that Eladar's claim that he is "a child of God" is true or untrue?

l

Moves
10 Apr 17

The Bible is what it is. The Bible is widely open to interpretation and contains inconsistencies, discrepancies and outright contradictions.

While there are those who claim that the above isn't true and that they take it literally, they nonetheless pick and choose which parts they do and don't take literally, pick and choose passages to ignore and/or ...[text shortened]... istian, it's a striking example of how far Christianity has drifted from the teachings of Jesus.
Given the number of Trump supporters who identify as Christian, it's a striking example of how far Christianity has drifted from the teachings of Jesus

Would you feel the same way had this statement been made?

Given the number of Hillary supporters who identify as Christian, it's a striking example of how far Christianity has drifted from the teachings of Jesus.

Why or why not?

w

Moves
10 Apr 17
1 edit

No.

How about abortion loving Dims who claim to be Christian?

Could Mary have had an abortion?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
11 Apr 17

Originally posted by FMF
Do you think that Eladar's claim that he is "a child of God" is true or untrue?
Not so one might notice.

F

Moves
11 Apr 17

Not so one might notice.
Do you think your support for abortion rights endangers your status as "a child of God" as several 'pro-life' Christian posters have either explicitly said - or at least implied - over the years here?

T

Moves
11 Apr 17
1 edit

Originally posted by leunammi
Given the number of Trump supporters who identify as Christian, it's a striking example of how far Christianity has drifted from the teachings of Jesus

Would you feel the same way had this statement been made?

Given the number of Hillary supporters who identify as Christian, it's a striking example of how far Christianity has drifted from the teachings of Jesus.

Why or why not?
Do you really not understand that the statement you quoted is a conclusion drawn on the rest of my post? Your question doesn't make any sense.

Do you believe that what Mark Burns and Donald Trump espouse are not antithetical to the teachings of Jesus?:
At a March Trump rally in Illinois, Burns leapt up to the stage, pumping up the crowd in chants of Trump’s name. “Lord, this will be the greatest Tuesday that ever existed, come Super Tuesday Three,” he prophesied in prayer, naming and claiming a Trump victory. He opened his eyes. “There is no black person, there is no white person, there is no yellow person, there is no red person, there’s only green people!” he shouted. “Green is money! Green are jobs!!”

“Jesus said, above all things, I pray that you prosper, I pray that you have life more abundantly,” Burns, 36, explained to TIME in an interview, quoting a verse not from the Gospels but another New Testament passage. “It was never Jesus’ intention for us to be broke.” All of this is wisdom is now contained in a candidate for President. “I think that is what Donald Trump represents,” Burns says.

You know, for someone who claimed to not be a "Trump apologist", you certainly seem to feel compelled to act as one.

T

Moves
11 Apr 17
2 edits

No.

Christianity, like most everything else, has changed over time. For example, it has become something very different post reformation.

Unfortunately it has drifted very far from the teachings of Jesus. It is what it is.

l

Moves
11 Apr 17
2 edits

Do you really not understand that the statement you quoted is a conclusion drawn on the rest of my post? Your question doesn't make any sense.

Do you believe that what Mark Burns and Donald Trump espouse are not antithetical to the teachings of Jesus?:
[quote]At a March Trump rally in Illinois, Burns leapt up to the stage, pumping up the crowd in chan ...[text shortened]... e who claimed to not be a "Trump apologist", you certainly seem to feel compelled to act as one.

My question absolutely makes sense and although it was a response to your post, it was meant to be a little rhetorical for anyone. In my opinion, the US had little to choose from during this past election cycle. On one hand (Trump) you have a bit of an egotistical megalomaniac and on the other (Clinton) you have a lying self-centered me first politician, neither a good choice for the US.

Christians traditionally hold values more closely aligned with the Republican party (religious right), is it any wonder that more Christians support Trump.

Your posting of the article only seeks to inflame and cast aspersions on those that call themselves Christian (you and Raj seem to distance yourselves from others in this community that align themselves with Christianity) and attempt to link with folks here... I could be wrong. While I do not agree, relate or understand the Burns comments they are his and do not represent me.

In any event, and whether anyone likes it or not, Donald Trump's authority comes from one, it's high time folks get over it.

Romans 13:1-3
King James Version (KJV)

13 Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God. 2 Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation. 3 For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same:

Now given what Hillary is about, can you answer my question which is a flavor of yours?

1) Support for Planned Parenthood

2) In 2014 Planned Parenthood killed roughly a third of all abortions in the US, ~ 327K
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/jan/1/planned-parenthood-327k-abortions-fiscal-2014/.
http://www.nrlc.org/uploads/factsheets/FS01AbortionintheUS.pdf

3) Clinton's lack of judgement in hosting her own email server outside of National Security Protocols and exposing the business of the state department to foreign entities is unforgivable in her quest for the presidency, IMO.

4) Pay to play

With regards to Christians who supported Clinton, do you agree? Why or why not?

T

Moves
12 Apr 17

Originally posted by leunammi

My question absolutely makes sense and although it was a response to your post, it was meant to be a little rhetorical for anyone. In my opinion, the US had little to choose from during this past ele ...[text shortened]... gs of Jesus.

With regards to Christians who supported Clinton, do you agree? Why or why not?
Hard to know where to start with this.

In any event, and whether anyone likes it or not, Donald Trump's authority comes from one, it's high time folks get over it.

Romans 13:1-3
King James Version (KJV)

13 Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God. 2 Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation. 3 For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same:

Before I address your post, I'd like clarification on the above. Is it your belief that God appoints and supports all governing authorities?