Other god you find interesting

Other god you find interesting

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rain

Moves
27 Aug 16
2 edits

To Christians here, what other gods have you learned about that you find interesting? Keep in mind that this thread is NOT some kind of trap. I'm genuinely interested in what other gods pique your interest, for whatever reason. I'm not asking in the sense that you actually believe in this other god, but only in the sense that you found this god to be interesting to learn about, whether it's because the god was benevolent, particularly violent, intelligent, strange, etc.

I've always found Hercules to be interesting, because he's between being man and god. The TV shows and movies don't do his mythology justice; they mainly focus on the superhero aspects of his character. I found the 12 Labors of Hercules to be pretty fascinating.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
27 Aug 16

Originally posted by vivify
To Christians here, what other gods have you learned about that you find interesting? Keep in mind that this thread is NOT some kind of trap. I'm genuinely interested in what other gods pique your interest, for whatever reason. I'm not asking in the sense that you actually believe in this other god, but only in the sense that you found this god to be inter ...[text shortened]... superhero aspects of his character. I found the 12 Labors of Hercules to be pretty fascinating.
In the Greek mythos, I always thought the humans were more interesting than the 'gods'.

Odysseus is probably my favorite.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
27 Aug 16
1 edit

Originally posted by Suzianne
In the Greek mythos, I always thought the humans were more interesting than the 'gods'.

Interestingly, and I hope you'll forgive me for pointing it out, Odysseus's main 'superpower' according to his Homeric exploits appears to be the ability to lie effectively. Just sayin'...

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
27 Aug 16

To Christians here, what other gods have you learned about that you find interesting? Keep in mind that this thread is NOT some kind of trap. I'm genuinely interested in what other gods pique your interest, for whatever reason. I'm not asking in the sense that you actually believe in this other god, but only in the sense that you found this god to be inter ...[text shortened]... superhero aspects of his character. I found the 12 Labors of Hercules to be pretty fascinating.
None.

k
Howard

Moves
27 Aug 16
1 edit

Originally posted by sonship
None.
Sorry to bother you sonship. I start a new thread there. I used one of your previous thread.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
27 Aug 16

Originally posted by kevinlee123
Sorry to bother you sonship. I start a new thread there. I used one of your previous thread.
No problem.

"Other interesting gods" Lord have mercy !!

k
Howard

Moves
27 Aug 16

I picked up this one If no God - What Meaning?

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
28 Aug 16

I am not a Christian, but I think one worthy use of the term 'God' would be with a Gaian Pantheism.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
28 Aug 16

Originally posted by Suzianne

Odysseus was a demigod descended from Hermes and the wind god.

l

Moves
28 Aug 16

What other god/gods could be more interesting than the God of the universe, the Holy one of Israel?

None.

F

Moves
28 Aug 16

Originally posted by leunammi
What other god/gods could be more interesting than the God of the universe, the Holy one of Israel? None.
But the question is not "What other gods are more interesting than your god?". The question is: "What other gods have you learned about that you find interesting?"

l

Moves
28 Aug 16

Originally posted by FMF
But the question is not "What other gods are [b]more interesting than your god?". The question is: "What other gods have you learned about that you find interesting?"[/b]
There is only one.

F

Moves
28 Aug 16

Originally posted by leunammi
There is only one.
Human history is replete with gods. We humans have probably forgotten all about far more gods that we dreamed up down through the millennia than the number we have managed to record in our history books.

l

Moves
28 Aug 16

Originally posted by FMF
Human history is replete with gods. We humans have probably forgotten all about far more gods that we dreamed up down through the millennia than the number we have managed to record in our history books.
Yes there are other "gods" that have come down throughout history, they are more of an object of worship than anything else... idols and dead at that. If the definition in the OP for God is the creator, master, etc... there is only one and no others.

Jo'Burg South Africa

Moves
28 Aug 16
1 edit

There is nothing but lies to learn from "other gods". There is only one true God.
Edit: BUT, there are other false gods, Lucifer comes to mind, Baal, Bel etc