2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    31 Dec '14 20:421 edit
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Why?
    Doesn't your god know all your sins?
    Of course He does. We confess our sins to God because this admits to Him that we know we have sinned and that we do not deny our sin, as others deny Him. We also confess to ask forgiveness. It is an act of repentance.
  3. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    31 Dec '14 21:54
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Of course He does. We confess our sins to God because this admits to Him that we know we have sinned and that we do not deny our sin, as others deny Him. We also confess to ask forgiveness. It is an act of repentance.
    Why the talk of confession then? Why not just repent?

When you confess to god he is thinking;
    "Yep, yep, I know that ... know that too ... and that ... c'mon I'm busy ..."
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    02 Jan '15 16:29
    Why the talk of confession then? Why not just repent?

When you confess to god he is thinking;
    "Yep, yep, I know that ... know that too ... and that ... c'mon I'm busy ..."
    So, are you saying that out of everything else that Christianity is made out to be, that THIS is the deal-breaker for you? "What??? I have to actually CONFESS my sin?? Forget it, I'm not confessing anything without a lawyer!!"

This is not the confession of a child to a parent. The very ACT of confession is what is important here. Not only is it an act of repentance, but coming with this is that it is an act of submission, to acknowledging the perfectness of God and that we all fall short of His glory. I know how hard that is for you to swallow, though.
  5. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    02 Jan '15 17:031 edit
    So, are you saying that out of everything else that Christianity is made out to be, that THIS is the deal-breaker for you? "What??? I have to actually CONFESS my sin?? Forget it, I'm not confessing anything without a lawyer!!"

This is not the confession of a child to a parent. The very ACT of confession is what is important here. Not only is it an ac ...[text shortened]... od and that we all fall short of His glory. I know how hard that is for you to swallow, though.
    "If we confess [privately name] our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness [sins we weren't yet aware of or had forgotten with the result that our fellowship with Him is restored]."
    1 John 1:9 "Not only is it an act of repentance, but coming with this is that it is an act of submission, to acknowledging the perfectness of God and that we all fall short of His glory." Yes, Suzi. God's omniscience is obviously aware of our covert and overt sins; He simply requires that we as believers in Christ acknowledge our awareness of His righteous standard. Thanks.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    02 Jan '15 21:19
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    [b]Sin

Irrespective of your position on other spirituality topics and issues, what personal behaviors do you regard as "sin"?[/b]
    Sin is best defined as "missing the mark".
  7. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    02 Jan '15 23:15
    So, are you saying that out of everything else that Christianity is made out to be, that THIS is the deal-breaker for you?
    no
    I'm not saying any such thing.
  8. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    02 Jan '15 23:17
    Not only is it an act of repentance, but coming with this is that it is an act of submission, ... I know how hard that is for you to swallow, though.
    I do not have your experience of swallowing.
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    03 Jan '15 09:29
    I do not have your experience of swallowing.
    Nice. Do you kiss your mother with that mouth?
  10. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    03 Jan '15 10:14
    Nice. Do you kiss your mother with that mouth?
    No, what do you do with yours?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree