1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Aug '14 18:332 edits
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    The Holy Bible never mentions billions or millons of years of previous history, so there is no need to speculate about these long ages when scripture clearly indicates the heavens and earth and all that is in them were orignally created in six days not billions of years.

[b]For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, ...[text shortened]... nth day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

(Exodus 20:11 KJV)[/b]
    What are you talking about? Are you just posting random comments to deflect from your lack of knowledge and scriptural evidence?

I said:

Originally posted by divegeester
    The ancestral trail from Adam to Christ in documented in scripture somewhere isn't it. My point above is that the whole young earth concept hangs on that piece of scripture being complete, literal, and accurately documented and translated over the millennia.

You said:
    Not really

I asked you if therefore you had more evidence of the age of the earth and you post a bunch of irrelevancies about how quickly the earth was made not how old it is.

So I ask you again: do you have more scriptural evidence regarding the age of the earth other than the written ancestral lineage from Adam to Christ.

Please try to answer the question this time.

PS I can see why atheists get so irritated with some theists.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    02 Aug '14 18:49
    What are you talking about? Are you just posting random comments to deflect from your lack of knowledge and scriptural evidence?

I said:

The ancestral trail from Adam to Christ in documented in scripture somewhere isn't it. My point above is that the whole young earth concept hangs on that piece of scripture being ...[text shortened]... answer the question this time.

PS I can see why atheists get so irritated with some theists.
    The point I was making is that evolutionists date the age of mankind to 2.4 to no more than 7 million years. And if the earth was made just a few days before man, as scripture states, then that would mean the earth would have to be much younger than the billions of years speculated by the evolutionists.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Aug '14 19:06
    The point I was making is that evolutionists date the age of mankind to 2.4 to no more than 7 million years. And if the earth was made just a few days before man, as scripture states, then that would mean the earth would have to be much younger than the billions of years speculated by the evolutionists.
    No, the point you made was to challenge my statement that the only evidence in biblical scripture of the age of the earth was the written genealogy from Adman to Christ. You articulated this point through the words:

"Not really"

So I ask you for the third time: do you have any other scriptural evidence of the age of the earth?
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    02 Aug '14 19:20
    No, the point you made was to challenge my statement that the only evidence in biblical scripture of the age of the earth was the written genealogy from Adman to Christ. You articulated this point through the words:

"Not really"

So I ask you for the third time: do you have any other scriptural evidence of the age of the earth?
    I just explained to you that the Genesis account of creation along with the evolutionists own estimate of the age of man also prove that the earth can not be more than 2.4 to 7 million years old without even looking at the biblical genealogy of man.

If the biblical genealogy of man is calculated then that would bring down the age of the earth to about 6, 000 years. It would be a big stretch to think that the genealogy is off so much that the age of mankind and the earth would even come close to being a million years old.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Aug '14 20:21
    I just explained to you that the Genesis account of creation along with the evolutionists own estimate of the age of man also prove that the earth can not be more than 2.4 to 7 million years old without even looking at the biblical genealogy of man.

If the biblical genealogy of man is calculated then that would bring down the age of the earth to about 6, ...[text shortened]... o much that the age of mankind and the earth would even come close to being a million years old.
    I don't know why I bother talking to you.
  6. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    03 Aug '14 17:56
    This thread is so, so sad. I like to think that those of us here who believe in evolution are more level- headed, rather than quick to jump into attack like many religious people are. Instead, evolutionists here are moving goalposts rather than sticking to the OP. Just pathetic.

If anyone here feels their side is right, prove it with logical arguments and facts. Also, there's nothing wrong with admitting you may not have an answer for something right at the moment. Doesn't mean your side is wrong.
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    03 Aug '14 21:26

If the biblical genealogy of man is calculated then that would bring down the age of the earth to about 6, ...[text shortened]... o much that the age of mankind and the earth would even come close to being a million years old.
    Since the age of Earth is well established, it is you have the problem, not us.
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    03 Aug '14 22:09
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    What faith, "well established" you have.
    Kelly
  9. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    03 Aug '14 23:06
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    What faith, "well established" you have.
    Kelly
    Since when are facts "faith"?
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    04 Aug '14 01:39
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    The age of the earth is not really well established, because we can only give an estimate of about 6,000 years based on the historical evidence.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    04 Aug '14 01:43
    Originally posted by vivify
    Although things are stated as fact in the Holy Bible, one is considered to have faith in them because these facts have not been proven beyond a reasonable doubt.
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    04 Aug '14 14:481 edit
    Although things are stated as fact in the Holy Bible, one is considered to have faith in them because these facts have not been proven beyond a reasonable doubt.
    Only in your self lobotomized so-called brain has the age of the Earth been "proven" to be 6000 years old.

In the REAL world, we know the bible is wrong on every count. First off, there was no Adam and Eve, and even in THAT story there had to be other people around so even in that fairy tale, Adam and Eve were being held some kind of reservation as an experiment under glass, not a real place to live. They had lives of automatons not people, your god deciding, just like the Boko Haram that they should not have an education, that they should live in total ignorance. They had apparently given brains but were not allowed to use them so they may have just as well been Bonobo's. That is about the level of life for them on the res.

Just another stupid story with zero basis in fact.

A story carefully crafted by creative writers creating a new religion. Plenty smart enough to do that with no help needed from ANY deity.

And you fell for it hook line and sinker. I feel sorry for your brain, what is left of it.
  13. Cape Town
    Moves
    04 Aug '14 15:28
    Instead, evolutionists here are moving goalposts rather than sticking to the OP. Just pathetic.
    I hope you are not referring to me. If so, I think you have misunderstood my position.
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    04 Aug '14 15:40
    You know for a fact the age of the earth, or do you believe we have some
    idea?
    Kelly
  15. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    04 Aug '14 15:50
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    You know for a fact the age of the earth, or do you believe we have some
    idea?
    Kelly
    We know that the earth is not thousands of years old and we know that humans didn't live with dinosaurs, vegetarian ones at that, on a big boat built by one man which sailed round the flooded planet for 40 days whilst almost all life on the planet was annihilated. Feel free to prove me wrong.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree