1. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    02 Feb '24 17:26
    Has anyone watched any of this series? Season 4 is playing now, I think.

Has this program already been discussed in this forum? I went back through several pages covering a few years and didn't see it in the thread titles. I think it's been playing since around 2019 or maybe earlier.

Anyway, I have watched a couple of the earlier seasons, and found it to be an interesting interpretation and presentation of the life of Jesus Christ during the years when he was starting to gather followers and desciples.
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    02 Feb '24 18:33
    @mwmiller said

Has this program already been discussed in this forum? I went back through several pages covering a few years and didn't see it in the thread titles. I think it's been playing since around 2019 or maybe earlier.

Anyway, I have watched a couple of the earlier seasons, and found it to be an inter ...[text shortened]... of the life of Jesus Christ during the years when he was starting to gather followers and desciples.
    It is thought provoking just keep in mind it is TV show nothing more. Some things were done well others they write what may have been like and could be way off.
  3. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    02 Feb '24 19:41
    @KellyJay

I need to say first that I'm not a bible expert in any way.

I see this tv series as adding fictional character and personality traits to the biblical characters portrayed. It can't be anything more than that since there is no way for them to have personal knowledge of how the characters actually were.

In interviews with the show producers they state that they are trying to maintain a truthful presentation of anything that is used from the gospels. In other words, the personality of the individuals is fictional, but biblical events are not being altered.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Feb '24 23:04
    @mwmiller said
    Do have a link to a trailer, reviews, description?
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Feb '24 23:22
    @kellyjay said
    It is thought provoking just keep in mind it is TV show nothing more. Some things were done well others they write what may have been like and could be way off.
    One could also say the bible is thought-provoking, just keep in mind it is some ancient scripture, nothing more etc. etc.
  6. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    03 Feb '24 01:15
    @divegeester

I typed "The Chosen" into my browser search window and this is what came up.
    https://duckduckgo.com/?t=ftsa&q=the+chosen&atb=v259-1&ia=web

There are several youtube clips as well, if you put "The Chosen" into the search window there.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 Feb '24 02:231 edit
    @mwmiller said
    @divegeester

I typed "The Chosen" into my browser search window and this is what came up.
    https://duckduckgo.com/?t=ftsa&q=the+chosen&atb=v259-1&ia=web

There are several youtube clips as well, if you put "The Chosen" into the search window there.
    Sorry, I haven’t seen it nor even heard of it.

What was it you liked about it?
    Was it appealing spiritually to you?
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    03 Feb '24 08:15
    @fmf said
    One could also say the bible is thought-provoking, just keep in mind it is some ancient scripture, nothing more etc. etc.
    What do you say? Anything original?
  9. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    20 Feb '24 21:16
    @mwmiller said

Anyway, I have watched a couple of the earlier seasons, and found it to be an inter ...[text shortened]... of the life of Jesus Christ during the years when he was starting to gather followers and desciples.
    I've watched the first 3 seasons. The first season was the best; gone down hill some since then.
    The series bounces back and forth from the Old Testament to the New Testament. It intermingles events in the Bible which do not coincide. There are some minor historical flaws; such as; Nicodemus complaining about Islam dwellers; when Islam did not even become a religion until 600 years after Christ. There are a few other mistakes. However, it is a good watch and mostly accurate.
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    22 Feb '24 10:35
    @mwmiller said

I have seen the first 6 episodes of season 4 now, as it has been for the first 3 seasons there are some good, and I have to say with some I'm not happy with at all now too. The thing to keep in mind this is a made for TV, and it isn't all taken directly out of scriptures, it is what it is.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree