1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 Oct '14 00:17
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Gee, who would have known man did not evolve from apes. WOW, SUCH a revelation.

Have you ever considered just how we could have evolved from apes SINCE WE ARE BOTH SPECIES HERE ON EARTH AT THE SAME TIME?

BOTH man and apes evolved from some hominid form even more primitive way back in the past so stop using that asssinine argument already.
    I believe man was created and began devolving once he stopped obeying the instructions of God and was banned from the garden in Eden.
  2. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    24 Oct '14 07:53
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I am not going to go into details, but briefly, the evolution of life from non-life to the evolution of vertebrates from invertebrates to the evolution of man from the ape has all been modified in some way over time. Because of the Law of Biogenesis, most evolutionists don't even consider the origin of life or species as part of the evolution theory anymore ...[text shortened]... ory. Richard Dawkins has admitted that man did not descend from any modern ape we know of today.
    So, no specifics then? How dissapointing. It would be interesting to actually discuss a specific point of contention. There's a reason we don't talk about abiogenesis in the same breath as we talk about evolution, and you know this reason, I've explained it many times now: they're two different topics of discussion. It's like having a discussion on gravity and then someone says, gravity isn't real because you can't explain exactly how it works nor how it started. You see how foolish such a person would look?

As for the discovery of the "sudden" appearance of vertebrates, the theory itself remains the same. I honestly don't know what you're getting at. If you mean that because phylogenies sometimes needs to be corrected as new evidence comes in, that therefore evolutionary theory itself needs to be modified, you clearly don't get the distinction between a theory and the data that supports it.

And evolutionary theory never suggested that man descended from modern apes. Man is a modern ape who share a distant ancestor with other modern apes, plants and (if we move far enough back in time) single-celled organisms. This fact has not changed in the 150+ years worth of evidence since Darwin's time.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    24 Oct '14 09:52
    I believe man was created and began devolving once he stopped obeying the instructions of God and was banned from the garden in Eden.
    So we devolved into Apes? Why are Apes then on the endangered species list? With billions of people in the world I would expect also at least millions of Apes if that were the case.

You really need to tie up the loose ends of your logic trail. But of course being illogical bothers you not in the least.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 Oct '14 20:25
    Originally posted by C Hess
    So, no specifics then? How dissapointing. It would be interesting to actually discuss a specific point of contention. There's a reason we don't talk about abiogenesis in the same breath as we talk about evolution, and you know this reason, I've explained it many times now: they're two different topics of discussion. It's like having a discussion on gravity an ...[text shortened]... ed organisms. This fact has not changed in the 150+ years worth of evidence since Darwin's time.
    You must have never heard of Neo-Darwinism.
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 Oct '14 20:35
    So we devolved into Apes? Why are Apes then on the endangered species list? With billions of people in the world I would expect also at least millions of Apes if that were the case.

You really need to tie up the loose ends of your logic trail. But of course being illogical bothers you not in the least.
    No apes were created by God too. All of God's creations are devolving.
    Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.

(Romans 8:21 KJV)
  6. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    25 Oct '14 05:47
    You must have never heard of Neo-Darwinism.
    Do you even read what I write? We talked about Neo-Darwinism and Lamarckism just weeks ago. You know, when you copy-pasted quotes you didn't fully understand? Neo-Darwinism is not a radical game-changer from the original theory.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Oct '14 01:191 edit
    Originally posted by C Hess
    So, no specifics then? How dissapointing. It would be interesting to actually discuss a specific point of contention. There's a reason we don't talk about abiogenesis in the same breath as we talk about evolution, and you know this reason, I've explained it many times now: they're two different topics of discussion. It's like having a discussion on gravity an ...[text shortened]... ed organisms. This fact has not changed in the 150+ years worth of evidence since Darwin's time.
    Yes, I know, abiogenesis conflicts with the Law of Biogenesis. The discovery of the "sudden" appearance of vertebrates showed there was no gradual evolutionary change from invertebrates to vertebrates. This resulted in the idea of Punctuated Equilibrium.

http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evosite/evo101/VIIA1bPunctuated.shtml

It was once believed that chimpanzees could evolve into humans. One guy even suggested that chimpanzees and pigs cross-breeded to produce humans.
  8. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    26 Oct '14 06:54
    Yes, I know, abiogenesis conflicts with the Law of Biogenesis. The discovery of the "sudden" appearance of vertebrates showed there was no gradual evolutionary change from invertebrates to vertebrates. This resulted in the idea of Punctuated Equilibrium.

http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evosite/evo101/VIIA1bPunctuated.shtml

It was once believed that chi ...[text shortened]... into humans. One guy even suggested that chimpanzees and pigs cross-breeded to produce humans.
    😲 😵 🙄
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    27 Oct '14 02:06
    It was once believed that chimpanzees could evolve into humans. One guy even suggested that chimpanzees and pigs cross-breeded to produce humans.
    Reading these forums, it's often not difficult to believe this. 😵
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    27 Oct '14 03:16
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Reading these forums, it's often not difficult to believe this. 😵
    I hope by reading these forums that you learn that creation and intelligent design is not evolution.
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    27 Oct '14 13:24
    I hope by reading these forums that you learn that creation and intelligent design is not evolution.
    We agree on one thing anyway.
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    27 Oct '14 17:58
    We agree on one thing anyway.
    You need to learn the "evolution" is just a magic word for atheists, who need a substitute for creation.
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    27 Oct '14 18:001 edit
    You need to learn the "evolution" is just a magic word for atheists, who need a substitute for creation.
    Funny how literally millions of christians believe evolution is true.

we looked at your links. Take a look at this one, pick a heading and link to it.

http://www.talkorigins.org/indexcc/list.html
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    27 Oct '14 20:101 edit
    Funny how literally millions of christians believe evolution is true.

we looked at your links. Take a look at this one, pick a heading and link to it.

http://www.talkorigins.org/indexcc/list.html
    It is not funny. It is tragic that anyone should be deceived by any lie of Satan. Your reference is more lies from Satan.

Proof evolution is an evil lie from satan. (The Devil)

YouTube
  15. Standard memberLundos
    Back to basics
    About
    Moves
    27 Oct '14 20:41
    It is not funny. It is tragic that anyone should be deceived by any lie of Satan. Your reference is more lies from Satan.

Proof evolution is an evil lie from satan. (The Devil)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQ4iORFL_Jk
    "Why do young children put their fingers in their ears, or shout over us, ignore our questions, or say to us, “I’m not going to tell you.” Why do they so often refuse to listen to what we have to say?

Most often, your child’s silence is an instinctive self-protective behavior, evoked by the anticipation of painful feelings. Children do not want to talk to us when they feel angry or ashamed; or when they’re afraid that we’ll be critical; or when they believe that talking will just make them feel bad all over again, or feel worse. If we would just leave him alone, he believes, his bad feelings will go away."

http://kennethbarish.com/2013/05/how-to-get-your-child-to-talk-to-you/

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree