the horned god

the horned god

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
18 Sep 16

The god of the hunt. As old as the earth mother, maybe, but harder to pin down. Before agriculture, without a successful hunt the tribe will fail.

Was used by Christians as a template for Lucifer, in their pogrom to overthrow all pagan (non-Christian!) beliefs.

Moves
18 Sep 16

Originally posted by apathist
The god of the hunt. As old as the earth mother, maybe, but harder to pin down. Before agriculture, without a successful hunt the tribe will fail.

Was used by Christians as a template for Lucifer, in their pogrom to overthrow all pagan (non-Christian!) beliefs.
Lucifer is not a chritian invention.

Try switching the lights of and peeing on your keyboard 😉

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
19 Sep 16

Originally posted by divegeester

By referring to my keyboard-peeing potential (almost true story!), you identify yourself as unreasonable. So its no surprise your claim is false. In Christian mythology, lucifer is the devil's name before his fall. And its a safe bet there is another side to that story.

Moves
19 Sep 16

By referring to my keyboard-peeing potential (almost true story!), you identify yourself as unreasonable. So its no surprise your claim is false. In Christian mythology, lucifer is the devil's name before his fall. And its a safe bet there is another side to that story.
You said that Christianity used the horned God as a template to create lucifer; this is blatantly not correct. Lucifer goes back to at least ancient Hebrew texts.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
19 Sep 16

You said that Christianity used the horned God as a template to create lucifer; this is blatantly not correct. Lucifer goes back to at least ancient Hebrew texts.
I meant the image of Lucifer, which is not described in any of the texts. The Christians took a symbol of pagan belief and demonized it. Malice aforethought. They did that kind of stuff alot. Part of an extensive pogrom.

Moves
19 Sep 16

I meant the image of Lucifer, which is not described in any of the texts. The Christians took a symbol of pagan belief and demonized it. Malice aforethought. They did that kind of stuff alot. Part of an extensive pogrom.
Which Christians?
When?
What image are you talking about?

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
23 Sep 16

wiki Devil in Christianity
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devil_in_Christianity

Particularly in the medieval period, Satan was often shown as having horns and a goat's hindquarters ... and with a tail. He was also depicted as carrying a pitchfork,[20] the implement used in Hell to torment the damned, ...
None of these images seem to be based on biblical materials, as Satan's physical appearance is never described in the Bible or any other religious text. Rather, this image is apparently based on pagan Horned Gods, ...

Moves
23 Sep 16
1 edit

wiki [b]Devil in Christianity
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devil_in_Christianity

Particularly in the medieval period, Satan was often shown as having horns and a goat's hindquarters ... and with a tail. He was also depicted as carrying a pitchfork,[20] the implement used in Hell to torment the damned, ...
None of these images seem to be ...[text shortened]... le or any other religious text. Rather, this image is apparently based on pagan Horned Gods, ...[/b]
But this isn't "the template for lucifer" you were talking about in your OP. It's just a record of how various sects down the centuries have pictorially interpreted the original lucifer from the original Hebrew text. I thinks it's your use of "template" that is confusing things. You are implying that "Christians" or Christianity invented lucifer, when they didn't.

r

Moves
23 Sep 16

I like your style!

Moves
23 Sep 16

Originally posted by roigam
I like your style!
Typos you mean? 😛

Moves
23 Sep 16

Originally posted by roigam
I like your style!
Btw, my comment "try switching the lights off and peeing" was a reference to apathist' own OP and comments in the gf a week or so ago. Not an invention nor style of mine.

r

Moves
23 Sep 16
1 edit

Btw, my comment "try switching the lights off and peeing" was a reference to apathist' own OP and comments in the gf a week or so ago. Not an invention nor style of mine.
Thank you. I didn't know that.
Let me correct it by saying, I like "the" style.
It's a rather picturesque response.
Also good night to you.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
23 Sep 16

But this isn't "the template for lucifer" you were talking about in your OP. It's just a record of how various sects down the centuries have pictorially interpreted the original lucifer from the original Hebrew text. I thinks it's your use of "template" that is confusing things. You are implying that "Christians" or Christianity invented lucifer, when they didn't.
Three posts above yours, I had clarified.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
23 Sep 16

Your contribution was funny, but still an abusive ad hominem. So you didn't like the op but have no case against it.

Moves
23 Sep 16

Your contribution was funny, but still an abusive ad hominem. So you didn't like the op but have no case against it.
Ok let me be clear; I agree that over the centuries some people have attributed images of horned goaty things to being lucifer/Satan, but the "template" for lucifer was laid out in the ancient Hebrew texts.