1. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    08 Apr '14 10:03
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    recently went to a Comedy Club - first act started with
    An Englishman, a Scotsman and an Irishman walked into a bar .... actually that's a lie which I am telling for comedic effect ...
    don't think we'll be seeing much of him again
    lying b@$t@^D
    😛
  2. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    08 Apr '14 17:30
    Originally posted by Pudgenik
    Grampy Bobby, i typically don't respond to any of your threads for the exact reason twi stated his list. I just don't have the time avalible to read all that material. Plus you rarely post your own true thoughts, without quoting from other articles.
    Please understand that I view God Almighty with reverential awe and never purpose to trifle with God's Word... which in and of itself is "alive and powerful". I prefer the accuracy of Seeking to Ignorant and would add Pirates to Trolls. Any authentic question I reply to if and whenever I have accurate information to provide. It is the height of arrogance as well as the depth of asininity personified to ever presume that the collective brain trust of spiritual truth resides on this spirituality forum. Therefore when further information is needed, I unhesitatingly do an online search for relevant points of view and/or biblical exegesis and commentary. Christ, the believer's example, often quoted Old Testament Passages; exercised sound judgment in which questions to answer and which to ignore. Even so believers on this forum should choose their words with care.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Apr '14 23:56
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Any authentic question I reply to if and whenever I have accurate information to provide.
    In would say that there is no other regular poster here who runs away from authentic dialogue more overtly or more predictably than you do.
  4. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    09 Apr '14 02:40
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby (OP)
    "The troll among the ignorant

"I am an Atheist and this is why. Reasons why I became an atheist, and exploring myths of religions. New blogs on Monday, Wednesday, Friday and every second Sunday. Other days if I post it will be either memes or other funnies.

Wed., 5 March 2014 "The troll among the ignorant" Every blogger, debater or commenter online will encounter the following three people at some point in their online activity. These people consist of the ignorant, the troll and the liar. The unfortunate and sad part is that often it is difficult to tell who you are dealing with when you encounter them online. The truth is there is only one of these characters that is worth engaging and that is the ignorant person.

Ignorance is nothing to be ashamed of, in fact I will happily state I am ignorant of many economic principles. However, to combat that I am trying to learn more about them. In the same way the ignorant person is going on line asking questions as they really do not know.

On the other hand the troll. Is just out to raise your blood pressure and get you punching a hole in your computer screen.

The liar is similar to a troll in that this person lies on purpose to defend their position. They raise your blood pressure as well the difference is they think you are an idiot while a troll knows you are not. This is the creationist that denies the fossil record. But here is the problem the following question could come from any of these three people. Why are there still monkeys if humans evolved from monkeys?

The only way I have been able to discern sometimes who is trolling, ignorant or lying is if I have met the person before on a forum or comment thread. This is why I will sometimes engage even the most randomly absurd question from a commenter.

What do you do to determine who is trolling, who is ignorant and who is a liar?"

http://iamchristianiamanatheist.blogspot.com/2014/03/the-troll-among-ignorant.html

Questions: Do you agree or disagree, in part or whole, with this seasoned atheist blogger's assessment of "online activity"? And "What do you do to determine who is trolling, who is ignorant and who is a liar" in online spirituality forums?
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Apr '14 02:441 edit
    Originally quoted by Grampy Bobby
    What do you do to determine who is trolling, who is ignorant and who is a liar?
    Re-copy pasting your own copy pastes?

I reckon, in this instance, you are trolling the forum ~ in a quite calculating way.
  6. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    09 Apr '14 03:02
    Please understand that I view God Almighty with reverential awe and never purpose to trifle with God's Word... which in and of itself is "alive and powerful". I prefer the accuracy of Seeking to Ignorant and would add Pirates to Trolls. Any authentic question I reply to if and whenever I have accurate information to provide. It is the height of arroganc ...[text shortened]... answer and which to ignore. Even so believers on this forum should choose their words with care.
    I understand the use of quoting scripture in reference to what is being said. But when reading posts written here, i like hearing the thoughts of the individual versus having to look up an others.
  7. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    09 Apr '14 05:04
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby (OP)
    [b]"The troll among the ignorant

"I am an Atheist and this is why. Reasons why I became an atheist, and exploring myths of religions. New blogs on Monday, Wednesday, Friday and every second Sunday. Other days if I post it will be either memes or other funnies.

Wed., 5 March 2014 "The troll am ...[text shortened]... to determine who is trolling, who is ignorant and who is a liar" in online spirituality forums?
    Well, that's a good point you raise, and it's kind of intimidating. Not at all suitable for a response directly from me. Instead, do you agree with this bit I heisted from Urban Dictionary?

A forum troll is someone who actively watches a forum. Not to be confused with a lurker, or just a forum frequenter, the troll annoys, pesters, and generally insults any thread they open.
    -- Interweb : "My dad called me yesterday and said that the house was up for sale and I have to move and now I won't have any friends and I'm so sad I don't even know how to use punctuation it's insane."

-- Forum Troll : "I've become dumber just by reading this. Removing you from the genepool would not only be helpful to society, but would be praised in songs for generations."

-- Interweb : "My dad called me yesterday and said that the house was up for sale and I have to move and now I won't have any friends and I'm so sad I don't even know how to use punctuation it's insane."

-- Forum Troll : TLDR <--- Common example of a forum troll response.
  8. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    09 Apr '14 05:221 edit
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    Well, that's a good point you raise, and it's kind of intimidating. Not at all suitable for a response directly from me. Instead, do you agree with this bit I heisted from Urban Dictionary?

A forum troll is someone who actively watches a forum. Not to be confused with a lurker, or just a forum frequenter, the troll annoys, pesters, and general ...[text shortened]... n it's insane."

-- Forum Troll : TLDR <--- Common example of a forum troll response.
    SG, "I've become dumber just by reading this. Removing you from the genepool..." sounds crude and insulting
    (some trolls do their job with clever understatement and finesse); "TLDR" may be an honest response.* imo

Edit Note: Since it's inscrutable, give the benefit of doubt; reader may have wanted time to reflect before replying.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Apr '14 05:33
    ..."TLDR" may be an honest response. imo
    How could a one sentence comment honestly be described as too long to read? It sounds like a deliberate put down rather than "honest response". If a poster cannot be bothered to read one sentence, why would he respond at all? It's interesting that SG's example strikes you as possibly being "honest". Quite to the contrary, it strikes me as being essentially dishonest. Different strokes, I suppose.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Apr '14 06:35
    Originally posted by FMF
    At the beginning of your recent thread ""Interacting with 'Angry Atheists'", when you asked for comments on your copy paste, twhitehead replied saying "I think you are trolling us". When you asked him "On what basis have you drawn that summary conclusion, twhitehead?", he said this, and ~ I would say ~ hit the nail on the head:

[b]On the basis of your past be ...[text shortened]... nses to your OP on that thread, and, of course ~ as is is your wont ~ you did not respond to it.
    Well placed and exactly why I ducked out (twice) from engaging GB in his "eternal suffering" thread.
  11. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    09 Apr '14 07:24
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Well placed and exactly why I ducked out (twice) from engaging GB in his "eternal suffering" thread.
    "Eternal Suffering" must be GB's
    copy[copy{copy(copy&paste)&paste}&paste]&paste

ad infinitum
  12. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    09 Apr '14 22:52
    "Eternal Suffering" must be GB's
    copy[copy{copy(copy&paste)&paste}&paste]&paste

ad infinitum
    Last event in the world GB wants for you, wolfgang59, and your family is to be among those who will be there for eternity.
  13. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    10 Apr '14 02:17
    Last event in the world GB wants for you, wolfgang59, and your family is to be among those who will be there for eternity.
    Why?
  14. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    10 Apr '14 02:43
    Why?
    Because your decision about Christ is the most important decision of your life. You choose your own eternal future. If you do not believe in Christ, you will remain outside of God's family and never share His eternal life and perfect happiness. For those who do believe in Christ, God offers a life of meaning, purpose and destiny. I want the best for you and your family.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Apr '14 02:49
    Because your decision about Christ is the most important decision of your life. You choose your own eternal future. If you do not believe in Christ, you will remain outside of God's family and never share His eternal life and perfect happiness. For those who do believe in Christ, God offers a life of meaning, purpose and destiny. I want the best for you and your family.
    Change a few words here and there and supporters and enforcers of the Soeharto regime were saying pretty much the same thing here for 30 years. Only difference was, their threats of retribution were real.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree