1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Nov '15 17:36
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    I don't think this word means what you think it does, used as you have in a "religious" context.

What exactly would "religious technology", or even "technocratic ideology", be? Can you give an example?

Or is it just some "jingoistic" catchphrase?
    technocracy: a scheme of things where technical experts and their carefully wrought standard operating procedures are in control.

"technocratic ideology" ~ I was typing fast, but I was alluding to how the religious ideology - for any organised religion really - is all laid out in its literature which is poured over by its experts etc.

I didn't use the words "religious technology".
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Nov '15 17:39
    Originally posted by sonship
    Are you suggesting a revelation of God could only be individualistic with absolutely NO collective or corporate aspect to it ?

Are you saying such revelation of God to more than one person should never be documented ?
    I am suggesting that you have given me no convincing reason to believe that God has revealed Himself to you or your fellow Christians.
  3. Joined
    15 Dec '13
    Moves
    20 Nov '15 22:432 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    There is no good reason to call atheists 'religious'.
    How about a group of atheists who decide to invent a new religion and call it ZERO ?

How about a group of atheists who start a sunday school class for atheism?

How about some atheists who start a church of atheism ?

How about a professor who writes a formula for an amino acid on the blackboard the first day of class and proudly announces "This is my god." ?

How about a seminary professor of homiletics at Princeton Theological Seminary who describes himself as a "Christian Atheist" ?

sonship here

I am not right now going to document all the above. If you think I am making these things up, go ahead and think that.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Nov '15 12:11
    Originally posted by gswilm
    sonship here
    Why do you have so many other accounts which you use? What's wrong with Jaywill for example?
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Nov '15 12:161 edit
    How about a group of atheists who decide to invent a new religion and call it ZERO ?

How about a professor who writes a formula for an amino acid on the blackboard the first day of class and proudly announces "This i ...[text shortened]... ng to document all the above. If you think I am making these things up, go ahead and think that.
    These are silly questions you are asking.

In order you asked:

If the religion does not have a god, then the members are still atheists

Why would this be theism just because it's a school on a Sunday?

Refer to answer 1

If he believes that what is on the blackboard is a god, then he is no longer "atheist" is he.

He is either Christian or atheist, he cannot be both. Unless of course he has invented an new non-theistic version of Christianity.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Nov '15 12:46

How about a professor who writes a formula for an amino acid on the blackboard the first day of class and proudly announces "This i ...[text shortened]... ng to document all the above. If you think I am making these things up, go ahead and think that.
    For me there is no good reason to call atheists 'religious'. They are ideologues just as most religionists are.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    22 Nov '15 20:32
    Originally posted by FMF
    technocracy: a scheme of things where technical experts and their carefully wrought standard operating procedures are in control.

"technocratic ideology" ~ I was typing fast, but I was alluding to how the religious ideology - for any organised religion really - is all laid out in its literature which is poured over by its experts etc.

I didn't use the words "religious technology".

So what does this have to do with religion, again?

So what does this have to do with technology, or "technocrats", again?

Conflating technology with religion doesn't exactly work, in any stretch of the imagination, unless you just wish to redefine words to fit your "ideology".
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    23 Nov '15 00:01
    Originally posted by FMF
    For me there is no good reason to call atheists 'religious'. They are ideologues just as most religionists are.
    Some Christian believe there is no good reason to call Christians "religious" too. Many Christians, like myself, are not really religious, but just have a belief and ideology that is called YEC and fundamentalist Christians and other terms. I really would not complain about being called "religious" or "nonreligious" even. 😏
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Nov '15 00:12
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    [b]technocracy: a scheme of things where technical experts and their carefully wrought standard operating procedures are in control.

So what does this have to do with religion, again?

"technocratic ideology" ~ I was typing fast, but I was alluding to how the religious ideology - for any organised religion really - is all laid out in its literat ...[text shortened]... n any stretch of the imagination, unless you just wish to redefine words to fit your "ideology".
    I haven't used the word "technology". I am not talking about "technology".
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Nov '15 19:032 edits
    erased. not important.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree