We made up your god so get over it.

We made up your god so get over it.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
03 Jan 14

Originally posted by sonhouse
Sure, another opinion piece. Show me the peer reviewed paper.

I didn't think you would.
You know that the journals you accept are controlled by those that believe in evolution and survival of the fittest. They will not even print anything that has a creationist conclusion. The bias is so great that known creation scientists even have a hard time getting anything printed in those journals when the subject has nothing to do with the evolution - creation conflict. You will not accept any creation science journals as legitimate sources of peer reviewed papers.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
03 Jan 14

Did God Commit Atrocities in the Old Testament?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
03 Jan 14

Originally posted by RJHinds
Did God Commit Atrocities in the Old Testament?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmoL9VvHEBY
Uh, there was the flood. That qualifies as an atrocity on a planet wide scale.

Of course that is just a fairy tale but you asked for god driven atrocities.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
03 Jan 14

You know that the journals you accept are controlled by those that believe in evolution and survival of the fittest. They will not even print anything that has a creationist conclusion. The bias is so great that known creation scientists even have a hard time getting anything printed in those journals when the subject has nothing to do with the evolution - ...[text shortened]... You will not accept any creation science journals as legitimate sources of peer reviewed papers.
And that would be because the creationists are biased in favor of creationism from day one. That is not science. That is why you don't see peer reviewed papers on creationism.

There is no creation science that has not been refuted 10 times over.

Creationists have nothing but opinion pieces designed to sway weak minds like yours.

Creationism at its heart is a political movement having nothing to do with real science.

It has to do with their failed attempt to sway large enough portions of the population in an effort to force creationism into classrooms and evolution out simply based on faith.

That is so far from science it is not even funny. It's really sad is what it is.

P

Moves
03 Jan 14
2 edits

And that would be because the creationists are biased in favor of creationism from day one. That is not science. That is why you don't see peer reviewed papers on creationism.

There is no creation science that has not been refuted 10 times over.

Creationists have nothing but opinion pieces designed to sway weak minds like yours.

Creationism at i ...[text shortened]... ed on faith.

That is so far from science it is not even funny. It's really sad is what it is.
This is possibly relevant here:

Ken Ham Drops All Pretense and Admits Creationism Isn’t Scientific
Well, get ready for a bombshell. Now one of the most prominent young-Earth creationists out there, Ken Ham of Answers In Genesis fame, has openly admitted that creationism is not science. In fact, he basically goes on to say that if you are given a choice between science and (his particular interpretation of) the Bible, then you should choose the latter.
Ham admitted that there is ZERO scientific evidence to support creationism, although he still contends that the Bible is evidence enough to force people to learn about it.

http://skepticalteacher.wordpress.com/2013/08/17/ken-ham-drops-all-pretense-and-admits-creationism-isnt-scientific/

<edit>
Actually, having listened to the actual advert, he doe not explicitly do this. What he actually admitted was that there was no scientific evidence that conclusively demonstrated that evolution was a lie.

But that didn’t mean there wasn’t solid evidence that evolution was a lie. The solid evidence just wasn’t scientific.

“We have solid proof in in our hands that evolution is a lie: the Bible. You see, we can’t depend solely on our reasoning ability to convince skeptics. We present the evidence and do the best we can to convince people the truth of God by always pointing them to the Bible.”

And how do we know that the Bible is telling the truth? because it tells us it is. Oh, hang on...
</edit>
--- Penguin

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
03 Jan 14

Originally posted by Penguin
This is possibly relevant here:

[quote][b]Ken Ham Drops All Pretense and Admits Creationism Isn’t Scientific

Well, get ready for a bombshell. Now one of the most prominent young-Earth creationists out there, Ken Ham of Answers In Genesis fame, has openly admitted that creationism is not science. In fact, he basically goes on to say that if you ...[text shortened]... the Bible is telling the truth? because it tells us it is. Oh, hang on...
</edit>
--- Penguin[/b]
Not relevant.

P

Moves
03 Jan 14

Not relevant.
Well I thought it was since, at the top of the page, you said:
You know that the journals you accept are controlled by those that believe in evolution and survival of the fittest. They will not even print anything that has a creationist conclusion. The bias is so great that known creation scientists even have a hard time getting anything printed in those journals when the subject has nothing to do with the evolution - creation conflict. You will not accept any creation science journals as legitimate sources of peer reviewed papers.

Since you seemed to be talking about 'creation science' and scientific evidence, I thought it relevant that the poster boy of creationism has effectively said that the only evidence that can be used to support creationism is the Bible. Thus saying that creationism is not science.

--- Penguin.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
03 Jan 14
1 edit

Well I thought it was since, at the top of the page, you said:
[quote]You know that the journals you accept are controlled by those that believe in evolution and survival of the fittest. They will not even print anything that has a creationist conclusion. The bias is so great that known [b]creation scientists
even have a hard time getting anything print ...[text shortened]... o support creationism is the Bible. Thus saying that creationism is not science.

--- Penguin.[/b]
Yes, I am talking about 'creation science' and the scientific evidence that supports creation. Creationism is the belief that God created everything as described in the Holy Bible. Darwinian evolution is also a belief and not science.

http://www.icr.org/home/resources/resources_tracts_scientificcaseagainstevolution/

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
03 Jan 14

Yes, I am talking about 'creation science' and the scientific evidence that supports creation. Creationism is the belief that God created everything as described in the Holy Bible. Darwinian evolution is also a belief and not science.

http://www.icr.org/home/resources/resources_tracts_scientificcaseagainstevolution/
So anything that refutes creationism is a belief and NEVER a science. Wow. I did not know that.

Did you feel the sarcasm?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
03 Jan 14

So anything that refutes creationism is a belief and NEVER a science. Wow. I did not know that.

Did you feel the sarcasm?
I have only seen science that refutes evilution and atheism. Is that just a coincidence?

P

Moves
04 Jan 14

If evolution is wrong, the scientific method will demonstrate that it is wrong since the theory can be used to make specific testable predictions. Therefore, it is a scientific theory.

Creationism cannot be used to make specific testable predictions. It is the same as Last Thursdayism. Therefore, it is not a scientific theory.

--- Penguin.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
04 Jan 14

If evolution is wrong, the scientific method will demonstrate that it is wrong since the theory can be used to make specific testable predictions. Therefore, it is a scientific theory.

Creationism cannot be used to make specific testable predictions. It is the same as Last Thursdayism. Therefore, it is [b]not
a scientific theory.

--- Penguin.[/b]
Evilution theory can not be used to make a testable prediction about changing one kind of animal into another. It has never happened. However, intelligent design theory is the only theory to be used that has ever produced any testable prediction. Without intelligence, it ain't going to happen.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
07 Jan 14

Evilution theory can not be used to make a testable prediction about changing one kind of animal into another. It has never happened. However, intelligent design theory is the only theory to be used that has ever produced any testable prediction. Without intelligence, it ain't going to happen.
Says a dude who lives maybe 100 years Vs the hundred million years it takes to do just that. You have a short sight of life. You think the whole kit and kaboodle is a few thousand years old. That registers so high on the ridiculousity meter it is pathetic.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
07 Jan 14

Not relevant.
Ah, your former hero is now a villain. Interesting. When he was spouting creationism as if there were actual science in it you loved him. Now that he denounced the idea there was a science called creationism, you don't give him the time of day.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
07 Jan 14

Says a dude who lives maybe 100 years Vs the hundred million years it takes to do just that. You have a short sight of life. You think the whole kit and kaboodle is a few thousand years old. That registers so high on the ridiculousity meter it is pathetic.
I would bet my life that a frog never changed into a prince. That's not in the Holy Bible.