What happens to god when mankind goes extinct?

What happens to god when mankind goes extinct?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
02 Aug 14
2 edits

Originally posted by sonhouse
Amen to that🙂
You finally found someone like you that you can believe in. But what about the scientists that studied the Shroud of Turin and say it is not a fake, but a scientific miracle?

http://tvblogs.nationalgeographic.com/2011/05/10/shroud-of-turin-scientific-evidence-of-a-miracle/

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
02 Aug 14

Originally posted by RJHinds
You finally found someone like you that you can believe in. But what about the scientists that studied the Shroud of Turin and say it is not a fake, but a scientific miracle?

http://tvblogs.nationalgeographic.com/2011/05/10/shroud-of-turin-scientific-evidence-of-a-miracle/
So what if it's not a fake? It is just your fantasy it was the burial cloth of JC, who didn't die on the cross anyway but was let down early when the guards were paid off and they nurtured his wounds and three days later he was well enough to get the hell out of dodge since his Jesus act wasn't fooling anyone so he skipped town up the Silk road and founded some monasteries on his way to Kashmire where he died for real, where they found out he was not the son of god after all but just a religious salesman who wanted to found a new religion, because he disliked Judaism.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
03 Aug 14

So what if it's not a fake? It is just your fantasy it was the burial cloth of JC, who didn't die on the cross anyway but was let down early when the guards were paid off and they nurtured his wounds and three days later he was well enough to get the hell out of dodge since his Jesus act wasn't fooling anyone so he skipped town up the Silk road and founded ...[text shortened]... l but just a religious salesman who wanted to found a new religion, because he disliked Judaism.
This sounds like you believe in the love of money.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
03 Aug 14

This sounds like you believe in the love of money.
That statement sounds like you are a computer trying to pass the Turing test.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
05 Aug 14
7 edits

My point wasn't the religious orientation of the despots, you seem to not want to understand my real point. A hundred million killed with ZERO response from your alleged god. There is no refutation for that.

What did your evolution do about the millions killed in the name of a religion free atheist utopia ?

Your god, your alleged god, if it exists, totally ignored the suffering of a country's full of people.

What planet are you prepared to take millions to to escape the next mass killing for any reason ?

Better get on your little scientific horse and hurry up.

Literally one hundred million deaths from these despotic animals who considered those killed below human level and thus could kill millions with no more regret than that for a dead fly you slap on your face, the regret there you got fly juice on your face.

You mean the millions killed by Mao - for an atheist utopia?
You mean the millions killed by Pol Pot - for another atheist utopia?
You mean the millions killed by Stalin for still another atheist utopia?

Or do you mean the millions killed by Hitler for his substituting himself in the place of any gods, for the German people ?

How many were killed at the Salem Witch trials? About 8 to 13.

How many killed centuries ago in the Inquisition of 300 some years span?
About 2000 killed.

How many unborn children killed each year by men and women "choosing" after the bedroom ?

I think choice is good. It should be mainly exercised before the act of pro-creating creating a fellow human being. If you do not want the burden of a child then don't burden some child by bringing her or him into the world.

As Woody Allen said, the most effective oral contraceptive is the word "NO".

Stop with your "theist have done all the bad stuff" fantasy interpretation of history. Besides, if you became a follower of the Lord Jesus Christ are you saying that you will so lack self control that you of necessity will become a hypocrite starting wars in the name of God ?

Are you admitting that you will only automatically follow the worst examples of religiousness ? Talk about carefully preparing a lame excuse in advance.

Are you saying "I don't want to follow Jesus because, of necessity, I will end up making a Spanish like Inquisition."

Flimsy excuses and asinine reasonings for not loving the Son of God.

So just how many people die before your alleged god responds? 1 billion? 3 billion? All 8 billion of us?

Do you have some statistics also on how many lives God sought to extend who could have died, say in the last hour ?

Only if you have hard statistics on how may wars were prevented by someone's prayers or by the decision of someone enfluenced by some aspect of Christian teaching, then you have grounds to compare.

So if you want to be rigorous and honest in your statistical analysis you have to collect stats on how many people were blessed with longer life than could have been, because of the same God.

Now you need to get busy and find that other planet to transport millions of people to WITH their sinning natures along with them.

That is my main point, since we already know for an absolute fact your alleged god did ZERO for 100 million deaths, I see no reason to doubt if for whatever reason there were 7 billion deaths, the results would be the same. Zero response from your supposed loving god of grace.

You MUST be vehemently PRO-LIFE? Right ?
Or is that different? I can hear you getting ready to dance!

Probably IE. "They AIN'T HUMAN."
Then again you could always sit back on the sidelines and see how your athiest buddies will jump in to help - tag team style.

Let me clue you. When God does do something upon this earth about her sins, dramatic style as you insist, you won't be worried that it is too late. You'll be worried that its too soon.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
05 Aug 14
1 edit

Originally posted by sonship
My point wasn't the religious orientation of the despots, you seem to not want to understand my real point. A hundred million killed with ZERO response from your alleged god. There is no refutation for that.

What did your evolution do about the millions killed in the name of a religion free atheist utopia ?

[quote]
Your god, yo ...[text shortened]... u insist, you won't be worried that it is too late. You'll be worried that its [b] too soon.
[/b]
You deliberately miss my point. I don't give a CRAP about the theistic or non-theistic leanings of the animals who did the mass murders. What part of 'your god did nothing about it' do you not understand. 3 sentences, that's all I needed, well 4 counting this one.

One more: Your bible commandment says 'thou shalt not kill'. That supposedly comes from your god.

So it must mean, YOU, don't kill. But if you kill millions, it's ok.

P

Moves
06 Aug 14

Originally posted by DeepThought
1) Species do not "go" extinct they "become" extinct - sorry this is one of those ticks where I get all pedantic about language. Pudgenik got it right, why can't everyone else?

2) As I get it (and I'm an agnostic) at the end of time we face the final judgement and those of us who pass the test become one with God. So the End of the World represents perfection, when God's children return to him (her).
Agnostic, just another title. Catholic is just a title too! It is where your heart is.

Loving your grandchildren is beautiful.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
06 Aug 14

You deliberately miss my point. I don't give a CRAP about the theistic or non-theistic leanings of the animals who did the mass murders. What part of 'your god did nothing about it' do you not understand. 3 sentences, that's all I needed, well 4 counting this one.

One more: Your bible commandment says 'thou shalt not kill'. That supposedly comes from your god.

So it must mean, YOU, don't kill. But if you kill millions, it's ok.
This command has to do with murder, as Jesus clarified. That does not apply to self defense, war, and the like. If God was going to stop murder, then there would be no need for the command. But God will judge those that commit murder, just as He will judge all that sin against Him.

Z

Moves
06 Aug 14

Mankind WILL go extinct someday, where does god go after that?
you struggle so hard to make these little threads to mock religion and they are, most, just awful. poorly constructed and easily demolished.

why do you feel this need? there are plenty of opportunities to ridicule religion, why must you put this much effort into flimzy constructs that a 10 year old would easily demolish.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
06 Aug 14

Originally posted by Zahlanzi
you struggle so hard to make these little threads to mock religion and they are, most, just awful. poorly constructed and easily demolished.

why do you feel this need? there are plenty of opportunities to ridicule religion, why must you put this much effort into flimzy constructs that a 10 year old would easily demolish.
Poorly constructed or not, they are MY thoughts, unlike theists who cannot come up with their own arguments, for instance, I said the moon shows it has to be more than 6000 years old because all the hits it took would render the moon red hot from one end to the other and it would still be red hot today, 6000 years is not near enough time to cool down to the level men walked on it 40 odd years ago. The response by one YEC: Water cooled down the moon.

So which one of us has the flimsy construct a 10 yo can destroy?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Aug 14
1 edit

Poorly constructed or not, they are MY thoughts, unlike theists who cannot come up with their own arguments, for instance, I said the moon shows it has to be more than 6000 years old because all the hits it took would render the moon red hot from one end to the other and it would still be red hot today, 6000 years is not near enough time to cool down to the level men walked on it 40 odd years ago. The response by one YEC: Water cooled down the moon.

So which one of us has the flimsy construct a 10 yo can destroy?

Very good. Now all you have to do is pretend that the entire body of Christians on the earth are monolithic in total agreement about the moon. Then you can strut and crow victory that you have demolished the Christian faith.

I am devastatingly impressed with your atheist argument there !
But please, do not go on to take away Santa Clause too. The sheer weight of the stark realization that the bible is wrong would be too crushing.

Wow - craters on the moon huh ?
Jesus is not Lord because of the crater count on the moon!!

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
10 Aug 14
2 edits

Originally posted by sonship
[quote] Poorly constructed or not, they are MY thoughts, unlike theists who cannot come up with their own arguments, for instance, I said the moon shows it has to be more than 6000 years old because all the hits it took would render the moon red hot from one end to the other and it would still be red hot today, 6000 years is not near enough time to cool down ...[text shortened]... Wow - craters on the moon huh ?
Jesus is not Lord because of the crater count on the moon!!
I said nothing about Jesus not being or being the lord. I said the craters on the moon shows that by being cool, they could not have cooled down from being red hot melted by millions of asteroid hits early in the life of the moon.

If all that happened say 5000 years ago, first off, there would have been people around who would have SEEN the moon red hot and seen explosions on the moon. There is only one record of an explosion seen on the moon in all of man's recorded history, a priest around the year 900 saw a flash on the moon and freaked out. If that had happened with any regularity, there would be a lot of writings about it, conjuring devils and such.

The fact we know we can walk on the moon is just saying that happened billions of years ago which says YEC are totally wrong in saying the Earth is 6000 years old.

We have TREES dated older than that but that doesn't deter the YECers, who just reply, you can't date things accurately, WERE YOU THERE? that kind of stupid argument. They come up with things like 'there can be more than one tree ring a year' and such which is true for some trees but not for the ones used for dating.

Then there are the ice cores dating back a hundred thousand years or more but YECers just say, there can be more than one layer in a year. Actually scientists can tell when there was more than one layer in a year and they actually take that into account but you can't tell that to a YECer.

There are so many arguments like that that have been scientifically proven to be bogus there is no question any more the Earth is billions of years old but that doesn't bother YECers in the least, head in the sand going NAY Nay nay, I can't hear you.

For evidence they just post videos of dudes venturing opinions and NEVER have real scientific papers shown, the ones that do get refuted almost immediately. There are ZERO papers unrefuted in favor of YEC.

But of course their stance: It's all a big atheistic conspiracy to destroy Christianity.

Of course in my case, I want to destroy ALL religions, that way there will be no religious excuses for war, and maybe the human race can start to actually mature. You have to admit the human race is anything but mature right now.

And yes, I did detect the ever so subtle sarcasm in your reply.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
10 Aug 14

I said nothing about Jesus not being or being the lord. I said the craters on the moon shows that by being cool, they could not have cooled down from being red hot melted by millions of asteroid hits early in the life of the moon.

If all that happened say 5000 years ago, first off, there would have been people around who would have SEEN the moon red hot ...[text shortened]... nything but mature right now.

And yes, I did detect the ever so subtle sarcasm in your reply.
You have been provided with the truth. So if you refuse to accept it, then it is all on you. I did my part to inform you, right?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
10 Aug 14

You have been provided with the truth. So if you refuse to accept it, then it is all on you. I did my part to inform you, right?
You did your part only to more deeply delude your poor bible sodden brain.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
10 Aug 14

You did your part only to more deeply delude your poor bible sodden brain.
All you have to do is repent of your sins and believe Jesus died on the cross to pay for your sins and that he rose from the dead after three days as proof that he will raise all that believe in and put their trust in him to everlasting life on judgment day.