1. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Aug '16 12:591 edit
    Originally posted by sonship
    Oh yes.

I still feel this way and even more so, since I first touched the local church in New York City in 1974.

I have fellowshipped in the church in New York, the church in Newton Mass., the church in Greensboro NC, and now in the church in Dunn Loring VA.

Where ever the saints meet on the ground of oneness receiving all in the locality to the g ...[text shortened]... nced is where there is the minimum unity of the normal assembly life.

www.localchurches.org
    What is the will of God Jaywill?
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    10 Aug '16 13:03
    Its called narcissism. Google it and get some help. I did not ask you about yourself and you talking about yourself is not going to influence me to talk about myself.

Malignant Narcissism ? Seen plenty of videos on that. Pretty interesting too.
    Sam Valinkan.

I am not sure whether you meant me or you or who.
    However, I have sai ...[text shortened]... Narcissism ?
    Do you think [b]Second Corinthians
    is a book filled with Paul's Narcissism ?[/b]
    You are a blooming idiot.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Aug '16 13:14
    Oh just shut up !
    You are slowly but surely becoming one of this forum's 'ugly Christians', sonship, something - in all my years here - I never had you down for.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Aug '16 13:181 edit
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    You are a blooming idiot.

Could you please expound to us this teaching of Jesus.

Matthew 5:22 ? Something there about calling people names like Raca and Moreh.

I wouldn't want to ask any of these milktoast OSAS guys. I need a REAL keeper of Christ's commands to explain it.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Aug '16 13:22
    Originally posted by FMF
    You are slowly but surely becoming one of this forum's 'ugly Christians', sonship, something - in all my years here - I never had you down for.
    I am slowly and more assuredly realizing that without Christ --- I cannot make it.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Aug '16 13:24
    I am slowly and more assuredly realizing that without [b]Christ --- I cannot make it.[/b]
    Like I've said before, if your beliefs give you comfort and purpose in your life, and if they help you to come to terms with the inevitability of death, then I say good for you.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Aug '16 13:26
    Originally posted by FMF
    Like I've said before, if your beliefs give you comfort and purpose in your life, and if they help you to come to terms with the inevitability of death, then I say good for you.
    I am very fortunate. This is true.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Aug '16 13:42
    Oh yes.

I still feel this way and even more so, since I first touched the local church in New York City in 1974.

I have fellowshipped in the church in New York, the church in Newton Mass., the church in Greensboro NC, and now in the church in Dunn Loring VA.

Where ever the saints meet on the ground of oneness receiving all in the locality to the g ...[text shortened]... nced is where there is the minimum unity of the normal assembly life.

www.localchurches.org
    I was referring to the Christians you meet here, like my good self for example?
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    10 Aug '16 13:431 edit
    [b]You are a blooming idiot.

Could you please expound to us this teaching of Jesus.

Matthew 5:22 ? Something there about calling people names like Raca and Moreh.

I wouldn't want to ask any of these milktoast OSAS guys. I need a REAL keeper of Christ's commands to explain it.[/b]
    You are not my brother in Christ. Dont flatter yourself.
    You are a dangerous false teacher, a liar and a deciever that appears to be an 'angel of light' but in reality your teachings are evil.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Aug '16 13:49
    You are a dangerous false teacher, a liar and a deciever that appears to be an 'angel of light' but in reality your teachings are evil.
    That's a bit heavy coming from a "works" doer 😲
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Aug '16 13:521 edit
    I just asked you to expound Matt. 5:22.

Are you saying that it is OK for a disciples of Jesus to call others insulting names out of anger, just as long as they are not Christian bothers ?

Of course I think "brother" in that context may have mean Jewish brethren.

Expound that passage for us please, even if I am not your Christian brother.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Aug '16 13:53
    I am very fortunate. This is true.
    A few weeks back you suggested that my skepticism about your beliefs - as I express it on this forum - might have caused hundreds of people here to face "torture for eternity" at the hands of your God figure. Yes, you actually said that.

So, do you also think that ~ if the demeanour of your "ministry" has alienated any curious people from wanting to subscribe to your God figure, and indeed driven them away from subscribing to the beliefs you profess ~ then maybe you too might have caused hundreds of people here to face "torture for eternity"?
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Aug '16 13:55
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I was referring to the Christians you meet here, like my good self for example?
    I have no major regrets about meeting ANY Christians.
    If I cut Christians off I cut myself off.

Now, I would like to open up a new thread on John 16 and the Trinity.
    Would you be up to some questions on that ?
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Aug '16 13:583 edits
    Now, I would like to open up a new thread on John 16 and the Trinity.
    Would you be up to some questions on that ?
    Not really. At least not until you answer my question to you.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Aug '16 14:09
    Originally posted by FMF
    A few weeks back you suggested that my skepticism about your beliefs - as I express it on this forum - might have caused hundreds of people here to face "torture for eternity" at the hands of your God figure. Yes, you actually said that.

So, do you also think that ~ if the demeanour of your "ministry" has alienated any curious people from wanting to subscrib ...[text shortened]... s ~ then maybe you too might have caused hundreds of people here to face "torture for eternity"?

You do have a long term memory. This sounds like something I said years ago and not weeks ago. I am willing to be corrected if you have the quotation.

Whether weeks or years ago - In the thousands of words we each have exchanged here I do recall something said to someone about the effecting of others beliefs or disbelief.

If you are referring to something like that I told you, it would not be applied to only you and not myself as well.

The New Testament says "Judgment BEGINS ... at the house of God." . This means to me that God begins His judging with those who are suppose to know better first. Or something like that.

I do often go to God about my words.
    Do you hold a grudge because of that which I said ?

As for me, I have prayed that God would save people also from any destructive effect my words or deeds may have had.

So, do you also think that ~ if the demeanour of your "ministry" has alienated any curious people from wanting to subscribe to your God figure, and indeed driven them away from subscribing to the beliefs you profess ~ then maybe you too might have caused hundreds of people here to face "torture for eternity"?

I think my words and deeds have an effect on people's lives.
    And for that reason I fear before God and sometimes ask that the precious blood of Christ would cleanse me from my failures.

It is not unusual for me to pray and ask God to protect someone from mistakes I may have made. Sometimes I recall something long forgotten. And I take it to God in prayer and ask God that such and such a person would be protected from any damage of any kind I may have caused them.

"Torture for eternity" is your supplied description.
    These are the words you are attempting to insert into my mouth.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree