why i'm not a christian

why i'm not a christian

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
24 Jan 17

Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
If you believe there are no moral absolutes it means the idea that rape is morally justifiable is equally valid to the idea that it isn't. ...
No. It means you can find a camp. Of like-minded people. Take a stand, make a mark. We each make up our own minds. That is what subjective morality means, and you exactly submit to that fact!

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
24 Jan 17

Originally posted by josephw
Dead guy.
Like JC?

Oh no he's
resurrected. That's great . and now we don't have to do anything but obey some guy that got "resurrected".
The Buddha got enlightened and he didn't tell one to wait till they die to get to heaven. "Find your own salvation with dilligence"

But you just keep spreading the fear man

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
24 Jan 17

A lot of good it did you, since you still don't know anything about the Truth. 😉
You don't know anything about the truth unless your parroting JC.
you have nothing original.
Copying is death in Zen- as it is in life

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
24 Jan 17

Dead guy.
Didn't he ascend into enlightenment?

Are you saying people who ascend are simply dead, and if so how does this apply to the ascension of Christ?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
24 Jan 17

Originally posted by FMF
Surely, any honest reading of what apathist said in his OP is that his "continued questioning" for "the rest of [his] life so far" has made him "see" that Christianity is not right for him? How could you possibly read all of the 30 words he wrote and then pretend that he was somehow saying that he isn't a Christian only because of the Sunday school incident when he was a child?
Exactly. I mean he started a thread about it and I dont think it was out of hate,rather, elucidation.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
24 Jan 17

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
Didn't he ascend into enlightenment?

Are you saying people who ascend are simply dead, and if so how does this apply to the ascension of Christ?
Guatama Buddha's life makes much more sense and is well more cronicled than Jesus'.
He came 500 years before Jesus and was born into a Hindu society.
Many still believe Jesus travelled to Tibet or India to learn spirituality.

Put them side by side and JC starts looking a bit shady and highly questionable in many of the stories about 'him'.

Moves
28 Jan 17

Originally posted by apathist
Was kicked out of sunday school because wouldn't stop asking questions.

For the rest of my life (so far) I continued questioning, and I see why I was kicked out.
That's the second saddest thing I've heard today.

The first is "meow" - meaning, "I'm hungry".

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
28 Jan 17

Originally posted by karoly aczel
Like JC?

Oh no he's
resurrected. That's great . and now we don't have to do anything but obey some guy that got "resurrected".
The Buddha got enlightened and he didn't tell one to wait till they die to get to heaven. "Find your own salvation with dilligence"

But you just keep spreading the fear man
Do you know God ?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
28 Jan 17

Originally posted by sonship
Do you know God ?
That was a Yes or No question, at least for starters.

You can remove all the insulations and frustrations from your heart, turn to Jesus, and come to know God.

Fact.

I turned my heart to the Lord Jesus, asked for God to remove the veil, the insulation, the barriers of my real guilt for real sins, by Christ's redeeming blood. And as a result God became very real to me.

" But whenever their heart turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away." (2 Cor,16)

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
28 Jan 17

Originally posted by sonship
That was a Yes or No question, at least for starters.

You can remove all the insulations and frustrations from your heart, turn to Jesus, and come to know God.

Fact.

I turned my heart to the Lord Jesus, asked for God to remove the veil, the insulation, the barriers of my real guilt for real sins, by Christ's redeeming blood. And as a result God ...[text shortened]... whenever their heart turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away." (2 Cor,16)
[/quote][/b]
The veil is like a covering over the eyes of a man's heart.
You can be so close to something physically, but if there is a veil over your face you will not see it.

This verse says that whenever ... WHENEVER the heart turns to the Lord Jesus as a living Person to be contacted, the veil is removed. The removal of the covering is really just the turning of the heart.

You can turn your heart to the Lord by agreeing with God that you are a sinner in need of forgiveness. No one turns to a lifeless force to be forgiven. The "Force" cares nothing about forgiveness.

But God the Father cares about your forgiveness. And to confess your sins for forgiveness turns the heart towards God and the insulating covering, the veil is REMOVED. It is taken away by the Lord Jesus. Actually the taking away of the covering and the calibrating the heart towards the living Lord Jesus are the same.

We can pray "Lord Jesus, I TURN. Lord Jesus, I TURN my heart TO You Lord. According to Your word, take away the veil. Cause me to see Your face in my spirit Lord."

The opposing Jews had a heart turned away from the Lord. Whenever we turn to the Lord Jesus, He removes the obscuring and covering darkness of the veil.

"But their thoughts were hardened; for until the present day the same veil remains at the reading of the old covenant, it not being unveiled to them that the veil is being done away with in Christ.

Indeed unto this day, whenever Moses is read, a veil lies on their heart.

But whenever their heart turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away." (2 Cor. 3:14-16)

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 Jan 17

The thread's title is why i'm not a christian?

I would just like to say that I consider it a miracle that I believe in the resurrection of Jesus Christ and have become a Christian.

Many times when I hear people argue I say to myself "What a mercy of God that I actually believe this."

A miracle has taken place in me I feel. I should not believe in Christ. But fantastically God has granted me mercy. It makes not so much perfect sense. Even the Triune God, the greatest of mysteries, makes so much sense.

Of course. We are bumping up next to the Eternal Person. It stands to reason that there should be something so hard to explain about touching God. We're touching the uncreated Life - the uncreated and Eternal Divine Person.

why am I not an atheist ?

I know that Mrs. Myers the old prayer warrior prayed for me.
I know she held up my name before the throne of God and petitioned for my salvation.
I know she did.

Me - "Mrs. Myers. I think I have now become a Christian."

Mrs. Myers - "Did you receive Him as your personal Savior !"

Me - "Yes ma'am."

Mrs. Myers - "Good."

A good prayer for one who is not sure:

Dear God. If you are real raise up someone to pray for me. Please have someone pray for me to get beyond all my doubts and unbelief.