1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Jul '15 06:26
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    God is very forgiving. That is why i am still here to minister to you.

HalleluYaH !!! Praise the LORD! Holy! Holy! Holy!
    Go for it, you minister to him Ronnie.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    23 Jul '15 07:284 edits
    Originally posted by JS357
    "Ego" is, in Latin, the singular nominative for the English "I".

"Ego Sum" is Latin for "I am."

In Greek εแผฐμฮฏ (eimi) is "I am."
    Yes, I understand what you are saying. But I don't know how to display Greek letters on here, so I used the English letters to represent the Greek word that looks something like "eyw", but is actually Epsilon - Gamma - Omega. I represented that word with "ego" as a play on the English word that is the same.

That Greek word that looks like "eyw" is often translated as "I" or "I am" and sometimes appears like "eyw eiui" and is translated as "I am" too. That word that looks like "eyw" and I represented with "ego" has also been translated as Being or The Being.

So It is possible that the Pharisees were angry with Jesus in John chapter 8 because He said, "I am the Being" that appeared to Abraham.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    23 Jul '15 11:58
    Originally posted by sonship
    [b] Is God, or even the idea of God, holding us back as a species?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think in a negative sense we should be glad that God is holding us back from becoming completely wild in wickedness. Something is restraining the complete lawlessness of society,

There i ...[text shortened]... truction would only mean an evil counterfeit of His eternal purpose.

That is my take on it.[/b]
    So 100 MILLION killed in wars in century 20 and 19 isn't enough wickedness for your god to notice? That's only about 5% of the entire human population so I guess your god would go, there's more where they came from, too bad for them and the atheists who were tortured and killed, why those nice Nazi's were just doing my good work so they can now burn in hell forever and ever.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Jul '15 12:30
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    So 100 MILLION killed in wars in century 20 and 19 isn't enough wickedness for your god to notice? That's only about 5% of the entire human population so I guess your god would go, there's more where they came from, too bad for them and the atheists who were tortured and killed, why those nice Nazi's were just doing my good work so they can now burn in hell forever and ever.
    It sounds like you're outraged.
    It sounds like you have some sense of moral OUGHTNESS that is should be. It sounds like you pronounce your condemnation based upon some moral law and unchanging standard about the way things should be.

Tell me, if this "goodness" has some atomic weight to it.
    What is the weight of the good molecule buzzing around here ?
    How much does a "justice" atom weigh anyway?
  5. Cape Town
    Moves
    23 Jul '15 14:01
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I have to point out that those killed by disease far far exceeds those killed in war. The very 'design' of the earth results in more deaths than man has managed to cause intentionally.

One can also argue that the biggest cause of suffering is human population growth which has been one of the major causes of wars, famines and even disease. Interestingly enough, many modern societies have seen a dramatic drop in population growth and now need to figure out how to deal with that.
  6. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    23 Jul '15 14:32
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Is God, or even the idea of God, holding us back as a species?

'But the Lord came down to see the city and the tower the people were building. The Lord said, “If as one people speaking the same language they have begun to do this, then nothing they plan to do will be impossible for them. Come, let us go down and confuse their language so they will ...[text shortened]... he mere idea of him making us lazy as a species, damaging our progress and independent thinking?
    stupid people are easy to control. smart people invented this stupid story to teach stupid people that god wants them stupid
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    23 Jul '15 15:46
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I have to point out that those killed by disease far far exceeds those killed in war. The very 'design' of the earth results in more deaths than man has managed to cause intentionally.

One can also argue that the biggest cause of suffering is human population growth which has been one of the major causes of wars, famines and even disease. Interestingl ...[text shortened]... have seen a dramatic drop in population growth and now need to figure out how to deal with that.
    Do you actually believe the earth was designed to kill man? And who or what do you believe designed it that way?

That argument will not work with sonhouse anyway, because he does not believe the earth was designed for anything. It just happened.
  8. Cape Town
    Moves
    23 Jul '15 16:031 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Do you actually believe the earth was designed to kill man?
    No, hence the quotes. But you presumable believe it was.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    23 Jul '15 17:02
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    No, hence the quotes. But you presumable believe it was.
    When it comes to what I believe, you presume wrong, as usual. ๐Ÿ˜
  10. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Jul '15 21:04

'But the Lord came down to see the city and the tower the people were building. The Lord said, “If as one people speaking the same language they have begun to do this, then nothing they plan to do will be impossible for them. Come, let us go down and confuse their language so they will ...[text shortened]... he mere idea of him making us lazy as a species, damaging our progress and independent thinking?
    Why do you question and argue with false religion?

Its like arguing about the Jolly Green Giant and his antics.

You would only converse about the Jolly Green Giant if you thought it had some truth to it.

If you thought the Jolly Green Giant had no truth to it, you would not waste your time with it.

All the atheists in this forum argue with the Christians as if their doctrine were true.

And you do this because you have no clue what is true religion and what is false religion.

You fail to realize that the Christian doctrine was fabricated by secular womanizers and pedophiles and intoxicaters and cheaters and deceivers.

You therefore have no business coming to the spirituality forum if you have no clue what is true or false.

Your brains are diseased because you think this world and cosmos are a result of an unintelligent random accident that creates perfection from chaos.

This foolish speculation and fabrication is called junk science.
  11. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    23 Jul '15 21:12
    Originally posted by Dasa

You would only converse about the Jolly Green Giant if you thought it had some truth to it.

If you thought the Jolly Green Giant had no truth to it, you would not waste your time with it.

All the atheists in this forum argue with the Chris ...[text shortened]... eates perfection from chaos.

I have respect for the Christians on this site and am interested in hearing what they have to say. You have just demonstrated why i don't afford you the same respect.

Why are you unwilling (or unable) to engage in grown up conversations?
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    23 Jul '15 21:18
    Originally posted by Dasa

All the atheists in this forum argue with the Chris ...[text shortened]... eates perfection from chaos.

I have already identified Ghost of a Duke as just another troll that isn't trying to learn anything spiritual. The fact that he will not even watch my Youtube videos tells me a lot. I have already suggested that he troll the Science Forum as a possible source of learning more to his taste. ๐Ÿ˜

The Near Genius
  13. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Jul '15 03:26
    I have respect for the Christians on this site and am interested in hearing what they have to say. You have just demonstrated why i don't afford you the same respect.

Why are you unwilling (or unable) to engage in grown up conversations?
    Spiritual truth is not to be debated and argued with........... by delusional mental speculators.

Instead: the delusional mental speculators must with great sincerity and honesty, become willing to research in depth the knowledge that is available from true religion.

No amount of speculation can come even close to the truth of your existence.

So far your mental speculation has given you an unintelligent spontaneous accidental random big bang, that has then accidentally and randomly and intelligently delivered the miracle of life and the perfections of this world.......(the list too long to print)

Then your mental speculation has given you the idea that we have all ''''ACCIDENTALLY''''''come from slime in a muddy puddle............(our grand-daddy was slime) you say.

To prove his theory the atheistic scientist should go and get some slime and create life..........(one little ant will do)
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    24 Jul '15 03:412 edits

So did God prevent them from building their tower to heaven or did he save some lives?

How the tower of Babel is seen as progress is beyond me.

Then again, I'm not an enlightened tower building Prog.
  15. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    24 Jul '15 10:21
    Originally posted by whodey
    So did God prevent them from building their tower to heaven or did he save some lives?

How the tower of Babel is seen as progress is beyond me.

Then again, I'm not an enlightened tower building Prog.
    Was the Tower of Babel Obama's fault Whodey?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree