Wwjd?

Wwjd?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
03 Feb 22

@avalanchethecat said
This all stands to reason if, and only if, your scripture is true.
You seemed to suggest, at least as a thought experiment, that it was true when you incorrectly said nothing was recorded of Jesus Christ before His earthly ministry.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
03 Feb 22

@sonship said

Now that is not meant to be an insult.
Lol, yeah right.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
03 Feb 22

@avalanchethecat said
What, no repeated accusation of 'whoppers'?
No, you were just incorrect.

It’s pretty what Jesus Christ’s focus was as a 12-year-old boy and Luke may have included that account in his Gospel to preemptively address your concern.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
03 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
You seemed to suggest, at least as a thought experiment, that it was true when you incorrectly said nothing was recorded of Jesus Christ before His earthly ministry.
You could go back and read again what I posted, and you will see that I did not say that 'nothing was recorded of J.C. before his earthly ministry'. But of course you have no need to, because you already know that's not what I said.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
03 Feb 22
1 edit

@pb1022 said
No, you were just incorrect.

It’s pretty what Jesus Christ’s focus was as a 12-year-old boy and Luke may have included that account in his Gospel to preemptively address your concern.
I was quite correct, you just didn't read it carefully enough, or perhaps you deliberately paraphrased what I wrote incorrectly to provide yourself with an argument?

Edit: further, you have made your risible "whoppers" accusation 20+ times now in posts which had nothing to do with the posts you disbelieve. I expect it from you. I think you just like the word. Perhaps you eat a lot of them? Or cook a lot of them?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
03 Feb 22

@avalanchethecat said
You could go back and read again what I posted, and you will see that I did not say that 'nothing was recorded of J.C. before his earthly ministry'. But of course you have no need to, because you already know that's not what I said.
That was my recollection based on your claim that He could have been serial killing prostitutes.

Clearly, even as a 12-year-old boy, Jesus Christ’s mind was set on His Father’s business and He had great wisdom and the Grace of God was upon Him.

Your blasphemous hypothetical has been blown out of the water.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
03 Feb 22
3 edits

@PB1022

And he said unto them, How is it that ye sought me? wist ye not that I must be about my Father's business?“

(Luke 2:40-49)

You are quite right that we are told something which God deemed was significant.

I believe that in this case of Jesus being twelve years old, He reminded them, His Father was not Joseph. His Father - remember? was God.

It may not have been the first time He said this. But this may have been the most significant time He has to set the record straight once and for all to Mary.

" . . . His mother said to Him, Child, Why have You treated us like this? Behold, Your father and I, being distressed, have been seeking You.

And He said to them, Why is it that you were seeking Me? Did you not know that I must be in the things of My FATHER? And they did not understand the word which He spoke to them."

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
03 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
That was my recollection based on your claim that He could have been serial killing prostitutes.

Clearly, even as a 12-year-old boy, Jesus Christ’s mind was set on His Father’s business and He had great wisdom and the Grace of God was upon Him.

Your blasphemous hypothetical has been blown out of the water.
Yes, the hagiographic heresay you believe to be true would obviously gloss over his drunken, murderous twenties.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
03 Feb 22
1 edit

@avalanchethecat said
Yes, the hagiographic heresay you believe to be true would obviously gloss over his drunken, murderous twenties.
You’re talking yourself into a pretzel.

You claim the Gospels are “hagiographic heresay” but then (falsely) claim we don’t anything about what Jesus Christ did before His earthly ministry because the “hagiographic heresay” doesn’t record anything.

But if the Gospels did record events from His life in those years, you’d say it was “hagiographic heresay.”

Take a nap.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
03 Feb 22

PB1022.

He just wants to hurt you.
You know we are told to some nothing is pure. For as a man thinks so is he.

"All things are pure to the pure; yet to those who are defiled and unbelieving nothing is pure, but both their mind and their conscience are defiled." (Titus 1:15)

It could be that to avanalache all things must be defiled , degraded, currupt, and impure for that is just the world he thrives in all his known life.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
03 Feb 22

@sonship said
PB1022.

"All things are pure to the pure; yet to those who are defiled and unbelieving nothing is pure, but both their mind and their conscience are defiled." (Titus 1:15)

It could be that to avanalache all things must be defiled , degraded, currupt, and impure for that is just the world he thrives in all his known life.
Well he certainly knows how to tell whoppers.

He didn’t learn that from reading the Holy Bible.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
03 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
You’re talking yourself into a pretzel.

You claim the Gospels are “hagiographic heresay” but then (falsely) claim we don’t anything about what Jesus Christ did before His earthly ministry because the “hagiographic heresay” doesn’t record anything.

But if the Gospels did record events from His life in those years, you’d say it was “hagiographic heresay.”

Take a nap.
I don't quite understand your point here. Try to be clearer.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
03 Feb 22

@sonship said
PB1022.

Another attempt at an insult? I'm honoured.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
03 Feb 22

PB1022,

I have learned that when Jesus said we can cast pearls before swine or give holy things to the dogs, who only turn to tear you, He was actually caring for such people.

Their nature just eats them up. That which is holy they trample on at once and turn to attack. I have learned that Jesus was not insulting them by saying them were swine or angry wolves. He was teaching Christians that we have to be careful not to let some people be eaten up from within by their own corruption.

"Do not give that which is holy to the dogs, neither cast your pearls before the hogs, lest they trample them with thier feet, and turn and tear you." ( Matt. 7:6)

Sadly, we have seen a good number here just eaten alive from within themselves with their God opposing nature. Trample and attack, thier slaves to these reactions.
We have to ask for mercy for them and wisdom how to reach them with the truth.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
03 Feb 22

@avalanchethecat said
I don't quite understand your point here. Try to be clearer.
I was right. You need a nap.

What I wrote is perfectly clear.