Game moderation reloaded

Game moderation reloaded

Announcements

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TC

Moves
08 Mar 08

TC

Moves
08 Mar 08

My post was deleted, don't know why 🙁 . I didn't accuse anyone; on the contrary, I was defending...

Nevertheless, I'd like to say that I support Korch, Gatecrasher and Tony for the mod team.

Moves
08 Mar 08

I would like to volunteer as a Game Mod.

I've had previous experience in the role, being one of the original Game Mods in 2005, and did the job for over a year.

If I am allowed to support others who have volunteered, I hope that Gatecrasher and Tony are selected. Gatecrasher has been an outstanding Game Mod and a team without him is almost unthinkable.

M

Moves
08 Mar 08

I was already unavailable when the first group of gamemods were selected. I hardly play any serious chess since 3 years, except for tutoring or with friends, most often setup/unrated. That means I am not a good candidate and people better use their vote towards other candidates. I would like to support David Tebb, Gatecrasher, !Tony! and Korch.

K
Chess Warrior

Riga

Moves
08 Mar 08
1 edit

From all volunteers my top 3 (if I`m not including myself 😛 ) would be David Tebb, Gatecrasher and Tony.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
08 Mar 08
1 edit

Originally posted by Korch
From all volunteers my top 3 (if I`m not including myself 😛 ) would be David Tebb, Gatecrasher and Tony.
I think we should have more than 3; at least 5 as a minimum. That would spread the workload as well as making sure there are enough Game Mods should one or two decide to quit or go on hiatus for an extended period (hey, it happens; real life does intrude upon RHP sometimes - unfortunately).

penguinpuffin

finsbury

Moves
08 Mar 08

Gatecrasher, David and No1 are getting my vote.

Are we voting?

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
08 Mar 08

Originally posted by murrow
Gatecrasher, David and No1 are getting my vote.

Are we voting?
We don't know how many mods there will be, or exactly who is going to be in the running for it...Most of the ones mentioned sound like good choices to me, but I only been here since Oct/ 06 !!!

N

The sky

Moves
08 Mar 08

Originally posted by no1marauder
I think we should have more than 3; at least 5 as a minimum. That would spread the workload as well as making sure there are enough Game Mods should one or two decide to quit or go on hiatus for an extended period (hey, it happens; real life does intrude upon RHP sometimes - unfortunately).
I agree; it would also help to ensure that there's no bias (the bigger the team, the smaller the influence a biased mod would have), and it would make it easier to handle a situation like the one that led to this whole disaster.

penguinpuffin

finsbury

Moves
08 Mar 08

Originally posted by Nordlys
I agree; it would also help to ensure that there's no bias (the bigger the team, the smaller the influence a biased mod would have), and it would make it easier to handle a situation like the one that led to this whole disaster.
It might be a good trust-booster if they started by investigating each other...

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
08 Mar 08

Originally posted by murrow
It might be a good trust-booster if they started by investigating each other...
I don't know...when you work together you become a team...There is always a chance of personal disagreements on teams. Or everyone getting along so well, no one would want to point a finger at anyone else....Perhaps some kind of outside Moderation?? Just kind of throwing it out there...The Admins will do what they decide and that will be that. !!!!

K

Moves
09 Mar 08

Just my humble opinion. If anyone is to be considered to be a game mod. Finish all games at RHP and be a non playing member here. That way there will be no suspiscion(s) as to your manipulating games, innuendo of cheating. This should clear up any collusion that has surfaced. Russ has some serious problems to deal with and this sudden re-recruitment of mods is a dangerous precident considering the collateral damage control has not been settled! Just another re-recruit of other players does not alter the fundimental problems now swirling. Once those are settled cleanly, efficiently, then and only then should there be a consideration for a mod team and only to non playing members! Otherwise it is just new wine in old wine skins!!!

N

The sky

Moves
09 Mar 08

Originally posted by Katonah
Just my humble opinion. If anyone is to be considered to be a game mod. Finish all games at RHP and be a non playing member here. That way there will be no suspiscion(s) as to your manipulating games, innuendo of cheating. This should clear up any collusion that has surfaced. Russ has some serious problems to deal with and this sudden re-recruitment of mods ...[text shortened]... r a mod team and only to non playing members! Otherwise it is just new wine in old wine skins!!!
Do you seriously think that Russ will be able to find several people who are willing to give up playing on the site and spend hours and hours analysing other players' games instead?

K

Moves
09 Mar 08

Only way to have a clean above board suspiscion free team of game moderation. Like I said, you are just clothing the same corrupt system in new clothes. The alternative is to drop the program.

G
Whale watching

33°36'S 26°53'E

Moves
09 Mar 08

Originally posted by Katonah
Only way to have a clean above board suspiscion free team of game moderation. Like I said, you are just clothing the same corrupt system in new clothes. The alternative is to drop the program.
I guess you can get corrupt policemen and judges on the take, but does that necessitate the dropping of the police force, or scrapping the judicial system?

The system is not corrupt. The fact that we arrived where we are today shows that it works. Game mods, like anyone else, are not above rule 3(b). It applies to each and every one of us playing here.