Game moderator vote II

Game moderator vote II

Announcements

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Highlander

Planet Earth

Moves
16 Mar 08

Originally posted by cmsMaster
There have been shadows of doubt around at least 2 of those top 6. I, on the other hand, have no shadows at all.

Oh yeah...jerkoff.
And you immediately cast one by throwing personal insults. Not a trait I would look forward to a mod having 😛

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
16 Mar 08

Top 6? Interesting Choice...I'd say top 5 and number 7, skipping six, would be good choices.
You're obviously unqualified as this thread shows beyond a doubt.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
16 Mar 08

There have been shadows of doubt around at least 2 of those top 6. I, on the other hand, have no shadows at all.

Oh yeah...jerkoff.
A few malcontents don't create a "shadow of doubt". The top six are all well qualified though some are more qualified than others. You, on the other hand, don't have any of the advantages they do and your attitude in this thread as well as your "ban first, ask questions later" statement shows you are temperamentally unsuited for the job.

e
leperchaun messiah

thru a glass onion

Moves
16 Mar 08

i agree with you no1marauder. Those statements don't make any sense, the attributions rather careless, the baiting and tactless remarks almost an obscenity.

c

Moves
17 Mar 08

Originally posted by no1marauder
A few malcontents don't create a "shadow of doubt". The top six are all well qualified though some are more qualified than others. You, on the other hand, don't have any of the advantages they do and your attitude in this thread as well as your "ban first, ask questions later" statement shows you are temperamentally unsuited for the job.
Really, top 6?

What makes you think you're so well qualified? Your 1500 OTB rating?

c

Moves
17 Mar 08

Originally posted by no1marauder
Ban first ask questions later has a lot of merit actually.

1...c5!

Your Kingside

Moves
17 Mar 08

Ban first ask questions later has a lot of merit actually.
I'm gonna disagree here. Consider that this site costs money to play on for the vast majority of users, since RHP has so many nice features. If you ban first and ask later, you run the risk of banning a lot of people that aren't guilty, having them get upset, and leaving, when they did nothing wrong. I would be willing to imagine that some of the stronger players on this site have games that are very well played and have a high match up rate. If your opponent realizes this and reports you, the game mods look at it, and decide to ban the guy and then check his games, that's an injustice. Besides, when does any body assume guiltiness before it's proven? It's just a silly and rash idea.

c

Moves
17 Mar 08

Originally posted by !~TONY~!
I'm gonna disagree here. Consider that this site costs money to play on for the vast majority of users, since RHP has so many nice features. If you ban first and ask later, you run the risk of banning a lot of people that aren't guilty, having them get upset, and leaving, when they did nothing wrong. I would be willing to imagine that some of the stronger p ...[text shortened]... , when does any body assume guiltiness before it's proven? It's just a silly and rash idea.
I don't mean ban right when the accusation comes through, I just mean speed the process up - a lot. For example, if there are a number of games that look suspicious and have high match up rates it shouldn't take months for a ban to occur - it should take a week or two, imo. Perhaps they could be put on probation after this time (i.e. no starting new games until cleared).

K
Chess Warrior

Riga

Moves
17 Mar 08

I don't mean ban right when the accusation comes through, I just mean speed the process up - a lot. For example, if there are a number of games that look suspicious and have high match up rates it shouldn't take months for a ban to occur - it should take a week or two, imo. Perhaps they could be put on probation after this time (i.e. no starting new games until cleared).
"Speed the process up" are only words if you have no real idea how current system works and you have no concrete proposals how to change it.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
17 Mar 08

Really, top 6?

What makes you think you're so well qualified? Your 1500 OTB rating?
No, but it's 1503 points higher than your OTB rating.

I've stated my qualifications. What you mostly did is cast aspersions on other candidates including insinuations that they are cheats. Insinuations without any evidence, mind you. That you would do so in the public forums while also stating "you'd ban first, ask questions later" makes you a poor choice indeed.

M

Moves
17 Mar 08

If you haven't decided on your 3 choices, read through this thread carefully and judge for yourself the candidates most likely to be conscientious, hardworking people who will work together as a team to make decisions without favouritism or prejudice. If you're still not sure, check out the other forum postings made by the same person, when they were not being "on their best behaviour" in this thread.

K
Demon Duck

of Doom!

Moves
17 Mar 08
1 edit

Originally posted by MissOleum
If you haven't decided on your 3 choices, read through this thread carefully and judge for yourself the candidates most likely to be conscientious, hardworking people who will work together as a team to make decisions without favouritism or prejudice. If you're still not sure, check out the other forum postings made by the same person, when they were not being "on their best behaviour" in this thread.
This is their best behaviour? Right, I'll go change my vote now...

I still favour a Cheat Finder General. With a nice hat and maybe a cheat sniffing crocodile.

N

The sky

Moves
17 Mar 08

Originally posted by Kepler
This is their best behaviour? Right, I'll go change my vote now...

I still favour a Cheat Finder General. With a nice hat and maybe a cheat sniffing crocodile.
Tatarana Crocodilo for cheat sniffer!

Oregon Rain

Moves
17 Mar 08

Wow, nice popularity contest. I cast two votes then viewed the results.

Now I will withdraw them because I think this voting idea is silly.

Reminds me of those websites where you get all your friends to give you 10 out 10 score and give your enemies a 1 out 10 score to see who the most popular person is on that website.

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
17 Mar 08

Originally posted by TalonBoss
Wow, nice popularity contest. I cast two votes then viewed the results.

Now I will withdraw them because I think this voting idea is silly.

Reminds me of those websites where you get all your friends to give you 10 out 10 score and give your enemies a 1 out 10 score to see who the most popular person is on that website.
It's clear from your post that you have personal issues with someone that has many votes and therefore don't want him in the Mod Team. Your own disagreement is then based on popularity.

The amount of hypocrisy in this thread is simply unbelievable.