Game moderator vote II

Game moderator vote II

Announcements

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Highlander

Planet Earth

Moves
17 Mar 08

Originally posted by Korch
"Speed the process up" are only words if you have no real idea how current system works and you have no concrete proposals how to change it.
Damn, Damn, Damn & damn as I find myself agreeing with Korch :'(

K
Chess Warrior

Riga

Moves
17 Mar 08

Originally posted by Mctayto
Damn, Damn, Damn & damn as I find myself agreeing with Korch :'(
Sorry. I did not want to hurt you :'(

Highlander

Planet Earth

Moves
17 Mar 08

Originally posted by Korch
Sorry. I did not want to hurt you :'(
I shall seek counselling 🙂

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
17 Mar 08

I think the vote should be closed and a Game Mod team named; the results are now obvious. There are 3 far ahead of the rest and the 4-6 spots seem solid. Further delay seems pointless; we've been without Game Mods for two months now. I suggest we move forward immediately.

Highlander

Planet Earth

Moves
17 Mar 08

Originally posted by no1marauder
I think the vote should be closed and a Game Mod team named; the results are now obvious. There are 3 far ahead of the rest and the 4-6 spots seem solid. Further delay seems pointless; we've been without Game Mods for two months now. I suggest we move forward immediately.
As long as once the vote is closed we look at all the folk that voted cmsmaster and ban them & then check into the possibility that they have been taken over by aliens

K
Demon Duck

of Doom!

Moves
17 Mar 08

Maybe Russ is waiting in hope that the vote will actually become representative of the majority of subscribers? If so, I reckon we may wait for a very long time indeed.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
17 Mar 08
2 edits

Originally posted by Kepler
Maybe Russ is waiting in hope that the vote will actually become representative of the majority of subscribers? If so, I reckon we may wait for a very long time indeed.
Your posts in this thread remain pointless and clueless. Your "argument" as to the "unrepresentativeness" of this vote have been answered several times. You just seem hostile to the whole idea of Game Moderation for some unknown reason.

EDIT: The first Game Moderator vote garnered 373 votes and the results were not nearly as decisive as this one. Further delay seems to me to have no purpose.

1...c5!

Your Kingside

Moves
17 Mar 08

Your posts in this thread remain pointless and clueless. Your "argument" as to the "unrepresentativeness" of this vote have been answered several times. You just seem hostile to the whole idea of Game Moderation for some unknown reason.

EDIT: The first Game Moderator vote garnered 373 votes and the results were not nearly as decisive as this one. Further delay seems to me to have no purpose.
I agree with no1. This thing should be closed and a team should be decided on soon.

K
Demon Duck

of Doom!

Moves
17 Mar 08

Now how do you infer hostility to the idea of game moderation from what I have said? I actually think the whole matter has been badly handled from day 1. The game mods should NOT have been disbanded then we wouldn't have to go through this pantomime to reinstate the system that was already in place. If you wish to use that as evidence that I am hostile to the idea of game moderation be my guest.

You might wish to consider one thing. I very nearly voted for you. You have the necessary qualities for the job. However, it occurred to me that your posts suggest that if you did get the job you would be unlikely to use your powers impartially when dealing with anyone you feel is opposed to you, even if they are not actually so opposed.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
17 Mar 08
1 edit

Now how do you infer hostility to the idea of game moderation from what I have said? I actually think the whole matter has been badly handled from day 1. The game mods should NOT have been disbanded then we wouldn't have to go through this pantomime to reinstate the system that was already in place. If you wish to use that as evidence that I am hostile to the ...[text shortened]... when dealing with anyone you feel is opposed to you, even if they are not actually so opposed.
You've compared the search for engine users to a "witch hunt" and those who do it as a "lynch mob". If you want to leave the impression that you support the Game Mod concept, you'll have to avoid such language.

The Game Mods shouldn't have been disbanded, but that's water under the bridge. They were and a new team needs to be named. Your recent posts suggesting that only if a majority of subscribers vote in an unannounced (by PM) vote on who they favor as Game Mods will it be "representative" is A) Wrong and B) A rationale for more pointless stalling. The vote is good enough, esp. as it is a consultation vote anyway - the will of those interested in WHO is on the Game Mod team seems clear enough (as far as the top 3 anyway and that's all the Site Admins asked for).

I'd rather have a Game Mod team up and running quickly than do what might conceivably get me more votes. My priorities in these matters are well known. If you are suggesting I would say someone is an engine user for personal reasons instead of based on the evidence I see, you are completely and totally dead wrong.

I
King of slow

Moves
17 Mar 08

Originally posted by Mctayto
I shall seek counselling 🙂
Better to seek a priest as I'm pretty sure this is a sign of The End of Days. 🙂

K
Demon Duck

of Doom!

Moves
17 Mar 08

You've compared the search for engine users to a "witch hunt" and those who do it as a "lynch mob". If you want to leave the impression that you support the Game Mod concept, you'll have to avoid such language.

The Game Mods shouldn't have been disbanded, but that's water under the bridge. They were and a new team needs to be named. Your ...[text shortened]... s instead of based on the evidence I see, you are completely and totally dead wrong.
The lynch mob nonsense was someone else, I also did not compare the process to a witch hunt. I did suggest, tongue in cheek, that we could have a Cheat Finder General but that was to lighten the mood.

I don't particularly care if the vote is representative or not and did not say I cared. What I did say was that it is wrong to claim (as you did) that the majority of users of this site have expressed an opinion on engine use. As I said then, i strongly suspect that if the majority did express an opinion then they would agree with you. Unfortunately no such opinion gathering exercise has been carried out and I doubt it would actually gather the opinion of the majority of users for a variety of reasons.

What I did do in the post you quoted was wonder whether those in charge of this site were hoping for a larger number of votes to make it seem representative, hence the delay in closing the vote and making a decision. I also suggested that we might all have a very long wait if that were the case. I DO NOT AGREE WITH THAT. I THINK THE VOTE SHOULD BE CLOSED AND THE DECISION MADE. Is that OK with you?

Moves
17 Mar 08
1 edit

Now how do you infer hostility to the idea of game moderation from what I have said? I actually think the whole matter has been badly handled from day 1. The game mods should NOT have been disbanded then we wouldn't have to go through this pantomime to reinstate the system that was already in place. If you wish to use that as evidence that I am hostile to the ...[text shortened]... when dealing with anyone you feel is opposed to you, even if they are not actually so opposed.
Eventhough I don´t share most of his opinions I did vote for No1.

As his post show he would not hesitate even to kick the most popular guy, friend or even his mom of this site if they would turn out to be cheaters and that is exactly what we need...

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
17 Mar 08

Originally posted by !~TONY~!
I agree with no1. This thing should be closed and a team should be decided on soon.
Me too.

Let's have a vote on this. 😉

Devout Agnostic.

DZ-015

Moves
17 Mar 08
1 edit

Originally posted by dooser2004
Eventhough I don´t share most of his opinions I did vote for No1.

As his post show he would not hesitate even to kick the most popular guy, friend or even his mom of this site if they would turn out to be cheaters and that is exactly what we need...
Me too. Popular he may not be, but he's got a drive to out cheats that could speed up the process if he wanted to use it.