1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    31 Jul '14 16:47
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    The PLO accepted Israel's right to exist as part of the Oslo accords. If the Israelis accepted the Palestinians' right to a state of their own then they would find their security situation easing. People with nothing have nothing to lose.
    I'm talking about Hamas.
  2. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    31 Jul '14 16:54
    Originally posted by Eladar
    I'm talking about Hamas.
    Why not the other militant groups, some also firing rockets? Why do you think the Israeli statements about their actions bear any simple connection with reality? Why is propaganda a sufficient basis for large scale killing of Palestinian civilians? Why do you run from the relevant history when it is inconvenient?
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    31 Jul '14 17:12
    Originally posted by finnegan
    Why not the other militant groups, some also firing rockets? Why do you think the Israeli statements about their actions bear any simple connection with reality? Why is propaganda a sufficient basis for large scale killing of Palestinian civilians? Why do you run from the relevant history when it is inconvenient?
    Sure, all the small groups of Islamic individuals that want to see Israel destroyed and believe it is evil for Israel to exist at all.

As long as they are allowed to exist in Gaza there will be problems.
  4. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    31 Jul '14 17:18
    I'm talking about Hamas.
    The relevant part of your earlier post was as follows:
    So you are saying that the Palestinians are in a constant state of war because Israel fired first.
    So naturally I assumed you meant all the Palestinians. The Israeli attacks escalated because of Hamas successes from their tunnel complex which happened because of Israeli strikes on Gaza which was prompted by Hamas rocket fire was prompted by Israeli arrests of the Hamas leadership which was prompted by the murder of the three Israeli teenagers which happened in the context of the wider situation. The problem with questions like "who shot first?" is they ignore the basic dynamics which are those of a feud. If Israel wants security they need to ensure the Palestinians actually have something to lose other than their lives.
  5. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    31 Jul '14 17:39
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    The relevant part of your earlier post was as follows:
    So you are saying that the Palestinians are in a constant state of war because Israel fired first.
    So naturally I assumed you meant all the Palestinians. The Israeli attacks escalated because of Hamas successes from their tunnel complex which happened because of Israeli strikes on Gaza ...[text shortened]... ity they need to ensure the Palestinians actually have something to lose other than their lives.
    Naturally thought all Palestinians? Why would anyone think that?

It only takes groups living in the population, accepted by the population, to cause the problems.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Jul '14 17:561 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

7. Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Jul '14 18:001 edit

8. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    31 Jul '14 18:05

Who fired first?
    This is not a squabble in the playground.
    Who started it is irrelevant and probably unanswerable.
    So grow up.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Jul '14 18:081 edit

10. Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Jul '14 18:121 edit
    Robbie,

If you want an answer to your question, answer this question:

Who fired first?

Perhaps this question will help too:

Who decided to fight from among a civilian population and hide within that population?
    The question was not about who fired first, the question is about the propaganda that Hamas has created this situation as parroted by you, the Israeli army and every other American clone.

As Finnegan has pointed out with a patience that puts him forth as a contender for being canonized, there is a direct and demonstrable correlation between measures to oppress and control the Palestinians and them fighting that oppression. Israel has created this situation not Hamas and i challenge you and every other right wing Israeli sycophant to produce a shred of evidence to the contrary.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Jul '14 18:14
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Indeed its a lie, a big fat lie that Hamas has created and is responsible for this situation.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Jul '14 18:171 edit

13. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    31 Jul '14 18:19
    Sure, all the small groups of Islamic individuals that want to see Israel destroyed and believe it is evil for Israel to exist at all.

all the small groups of Islamic individuals that want to see Israel destroyed and believe it is evil for Israel to exist at all.

So to be clear, you wish to destroy the 1.82m people living in Gaza or to take away from them the right to political opposition or both.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Jul '14 18:42
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    I don't think one could be so utterly devoid of humanity as to attempt to justify the atrocities that are being committed there unless one is either a psychopath or subject to propaganda to the extent that is suppresses the faculty of conscience. To blame it on Hamas is an insult to our intelligence.
  15. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    31 Jul '14 19:01
    Originally posted by finnegan
    all the small groups of Islamic individuals that want to see Israel destroyed and believe it is evil for Israel to exist at all.

So to be clear, you wish to destroy the 1.82m people living in Gaza or to take away from them the right to political opposition or both.
    No, I'd like to see them get rid of Hamas and all ties to all terrorists. If this can't happen then I'd like to see them move to Egypt where the Egyptians can keep them in check.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree