1. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    22 Mar '24 19:14
    @earl-of-trumps said
    Poll: Biden’s Support Collapsing in Michigan
    President Joe Biden’s support is collapsing in Michigan, a CNN survey released Friday revealed.

According to CNN’s survey, former President Donald Trump is leading Biden by eight points in the key swing state, with 50 percent support to Biden’s 42 percent support. When third-party candidates are incl ...[text shortened]... lapsing-michigan/
    --------------------------------

And more good news from this CNN poll. Enjoy!
    I love the CNN headlines.

CNN polls take voters’ pulse in two states that flipped blue in 2020
    https://www.cnn.com/2024/03/22/politics/cnn-poll-michigan-pennsylvania/index.html

And from the Google preview:

CNN Polls: Majority of voters in Michigan and Pennsylvania are dissatisfied with their presidential choices

I'm sure those would have been the same headlines had their polls shown Biden +8. πŸ™„
  2. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    22 Mar '24 19:28
    @mchill said
    IMHO It's too close to call. All I know at this point is this will be an especially bitter and nasty election between 2 old men that are not very popular. This is why I shut off the TV at night, retreat into my little office and move funny looking little wooden pieces around a chessboard.

- The bunker mentality has set in at my place. 😏
    I predict that the result, whatever it is, will be contested and litigated up to the highest instance, past Inauguration Day, and that there will be an interim president. Guess who ? Speaker of the House.

😡
  3. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    22 Mar '24 20:24
    @moonbus said
    I predict that the result, whatever it is, will be contested and litigated up to the highest instance, past Inauguration Day, and that there will be an interim president. Guess who ? Speaker of the House.

😡
    Are you saying that if Trump wins, Biden will contest and litigate up to the highest instance, past Inauguration Day??

Yikes.

That sounds like a Big Lie.

Or maybe even an insurrection.
  4. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    22 Mar '24 22:43
    @sh76 said
    Are you saying that if Trump wins, Biden will contest and litigate up to the highest instance, past Inauguration Day??

Yikes.

That sounds like a Big Lie.

Or maybe even an insurrection.
    I’m saying that the seeds of doubt have been sown. The harvest is yet to come.
  5. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    22 Mar '24 23:311 edit
    @sh76 said
    I love the CNN headlines.

CNN polls take voters’ pulse in two states that flipped blue in 2020
    https://www.cnn.com/2024/03/22/politics/cnn-poll-michigan-pennsylvania/index.html

And from the Google preview:

CNN Polls: Majority of voters in Michigan and Pennsylvania are dissatisfied with their presidential choices

I'm sure those would have been the same headlines had their polls shown Biden +8. πŸ™„
    Here's an interesting little tidbit I pulled from the link:

... In Michigan, though, women split about evenly, (between Trump and Biden)

C'Mon...? I really thought the abortion issue would send women to Biden, especially in a state he won in 2020
    Then again, maybe Biden didn't really win Michigan in 2020
  6. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    22 Mar '24 23:412 edits
    @moonbus said

😡
    Good. then the repubs should elect Arnie Schwarzenegger to the Speaker position, soon.
    Either him or Billie Eilish πŸ™‚
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    23 Mar '24 00:48
    @Earl-of-Trumps
    Nah, I'd go for Miley Cyrus, boy can she twerk.
  8. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    23 Mar '24 06:15
    @earl-of-trumps said
    Good. then the repubs should elect Arnie Schwarzenegger to the Speaker position, soon.
    Either him or Billie Eilish πŸ™‚
    Why would Republicans support Arnold Schwarzenegger? He married a Kennedy. And anyway, he's ineligible to become president, even temporarily.
  9. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    23 Mar '24 06:22
    @mott-the-hoople said
    maybe you should tell your women to stop giving it up to everyone they meet
    Ahhhh… the wee incel in you squeeks again…
  10. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    23 Mar '24 10:521 edit
    @moonbus said

😡
    lol you think that young earth evangelical mongrel will still be the house speaker in January 25 with the job the gop house has done leading it.
    Even if Trump manages to pip Biden with voter suppression and apathy on the part of the young and left wing it’s gonna be 4 more years of a divided and politically choked off Washington.
    The US is done as a proactive or even reactive force in the world. You probably need another four years of trump and his fellow kleptocracy to bring about a truly progressive backlash government in 2029
  11. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    23 Mar '24 17:59
    @kevcvs57 said
    lol you think that young earth evangelical mongrel will still be the house speaker in January 25 with the job the gop house has done leading it.
    Even if Trump manages to pip Biden with voter suppression and apathy on the part of the young and left wing it’s gonna be 4 more years of a divided and politically choked off Washington.
    The US is done as a proactive or even react ...[text shortened]... s of trump and his fellow kleptocracy to bring about a truly progressive backlash government in 2029
    There is already a move to oust Johnson. The Right is revolting.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/03/22/politics/marjorie-taylor-greene-mike-johnson/index.html

I knew they would rue the day McCarthy acceded to demands from the former TeaParty to change the procedure for challenging the Speaker.
  12. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    23 Mar '24 18:421 edit
    @moonbus said
    There is already a move to oust Johnson. The Right is revolting.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/03/22/politics/marjorie-taylor-greene-mike-johnson/index.html

I knew they would rue the day McCarthy acceded to demands from the former TeaParty to change the procedure for challenging the Speaker.
    Man when Johnson isn’t right wing weird enough for you, you know your Margaret Taylor Green. Imagine a Republican speaker not shutting the government down, it’s like he hasn’t read the job description
  13. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    26 Mar '24 13:10
    The streak is over. A Bloomberg/Morning Consult poll was just published on RCP that shows Biden up 1 point in Wisconsin.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2024-03-26/election-2024-poll-biden-gains-on-trump-in-six-swing-states

The same series of polls, however, show Trump up 7 in GA, 4 in NC, 2 in NV and 5 in AZ.

Interestingly, the poll shows a tied race in PA.

It's just one poll, of course, but this shows a more "traditional" setup of the Republican doing well in the southeast and pretty well in the southwest and the real area of decision being the upper midwest. This is the way things were 20 years ago. We'll see if the trend holds.

If, in fact, Trump is gaining amongst minorities, especially Hispanics, that could put the southeast and southwest almost out of reach for Biden, meaning that he'd have to sweep the upper midwest. We'll see what happens.
  14. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    26 Mar '24 23:26
    @sonhouse said
    @Earl-of-Trumps
    Nah, I'd go for Miley Cyrus, boy can she twerk.
    Miley Cyrus, always a good choice. She is a looker.
  15. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    26 Mar '24 23:28
    @moonbus said
    Why would Republicans support Arnold Schwarzenegger? He married a Kennedy. And anyway, he's ineligible to become president, even temporarily.
    Well, the repubs in California supported him more than once, so, shoot yeah.

you are right though, he cannot be president., a rule they should change, IMO

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree