Can each of us have diff version of American dream?

Can each of us have diff version of American dream?

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

w

Moves
20d
1 edit

@averagejoe1 said
I would have ridden that train with you, but there was no where else to go. You got off at the last stop, I still gaze longingly out at the passing fruited plains. But why dwell on the past? We are where we are and we have to take the best road that is available to us. We agree.!
The past informs the future.

E.g. if you marry someone who has been divorced, you're more than likely to be divorced again. This is statistically supported and common sense.

Lake Como

Moves
20d

@wildgrass said
I'm not a lib. But I stopped supporting Republicans after they abandoned the essential rule that the government needs to spend within its means.
This is really off-the-wall, but you might imagine how unbelievable conservatives find liberals when it comes to government support. It is just amazing to us. I am asking you to consider that Shav has been writing about how little he would like to work, maybe only 20 hours a week. But he never, as I say, closes, by telling us what happens when he can’t work anymore. What? He will have saved no money. Who will support him? The government? Why, no, that would be me. I ain’t thinking about it.
What is your take on his unfinished proposal, his life, ‘his’ dream?
Are my queries so mean? SHouse calls me asswipe. Why?

w

Moves
20d

@averagejoe1 said
This is really off-the-wall, but you might imagine how unbelievable conservatives find liberals when it comes to government support. It is just amazing to us. I am asking you to consider that Shav has been writing about how little he would like to work, maybe only 20 hours a week. But he never, as I say, closes, by telling us what happens when he can’t work anymore. What ...[text shortened]... nished proposal, his life, ‘his’ dream?
Maybe that's what separates us Joe. I don't care what shav dreams about.

In 4 years, your God blew up the deficit, added new spending programs, and increased individual reliance on government in America.

You don't like small government. You only like trump.

Lake Como

Moves
20d

@wildgrass said
You wanna go there? Had we not replaced our country-loving president, we would have a $20B wall now, we would have order, lives saved, and have saved the $150B the illegal invaders have cost us.
So this is how our past today informs us of the future that was in store. if we had it all to do over, and if it were possible, would our populous vote to have the wall, or vote to have what we have now? I think my queries are too easy for liberals to understand or to respond to..

w

Moves
20d

@averagejoe1 said
You wanna go there? Had we not replaced our country-loving president, we would have a $20B wall now, we would have order, lives saved, and have saved the $150B the illegal invaders have cost us.
So this is how our past today informs us of the future that was in store. if we had it all to do over, and if it were possible, would our populous vote to have the wall, o ...[text shortened]... have what we have now? I think my queries are too easy for liberals to understand or to respond to..
He had 4 years, republican support, and unlimited resources to do that one thing. He failed.

History would have repeated again.

Lake Como

Moves
20d

@averagejoe1 said
This is really off-the-wall, but you might imagine how unbelievable conservatives find liberals when it comes to government support. It is just amazing to us. I am asking you to consider that Shav has been writing about how little he would like to work, maybe only 20 hours a week. But he never, as I say, closes, by telling us what happens when he can’t work anymore. What ...[text shortened]... nished proposal, his life, ‘his’ dream?
Here is my Shav post. Please answer what a liberal such as he should expect when he quits his 20/hr job when he becomes feeble. That income may have thrown off about $65/month in SS, if that.

Lake Como

Moves
20d
1 edit

@wildgrass said
He had 4 years, republican support, and unlimited resources to do that one thing. He failed.

History would have repeated again.
A nowhere joust. You see, you get personal. I am writing about a president, not a person. Let’s say it was Wakoma, building a wall, being removed from office, blah blah blah. You will recall that the great Churchill was removed thoughtlessly from office after he saved the fuking world.
Two big mistakes? I think so. You often think shallow. Too personal , like Sonhouse. Trump erred with women. Fire Him? didn’t give much thought to how a entry was made on a ledger, thinking more about staying out of trouble regarding a marital problem.
What weenies, indeed. Any poster here who keeps bringing up the grab pussy comment has to be a pussy themselves.

Lake Como

Moves
20d

@AverageJoe1
I guess SHouse is a pussy. Who knew?!?!?

w

Moves
20d

@averagejoe1 said
A nowhere joust. You see, you get personal. I am writing about a president, not a person. Let’s say it was Wakoma, building a wall, being removed from office, blah blah blah. You will recall that the great Churchill was removed thoughtlessly from office after he saved the fuking world.
Two big mistakes? I think so. You often think shallow. Too personal , like Sonho ...[text shortened]... , indeed. Any poster here who keeps bringing up the grab pussy comment has to be a pussy themselves.
Churchill saved the world and was removed from office.

Trump did not save the world - could not even build a simple wall - and was removed from office.

Catch the difference?

Lake Como

Moves
20d

@wildgrass said

E.g. if you marry someone who has been divorced, you're more than likely to be divorced again. This is statistically supported and common sense.
You are correct about marital probability.

Lake Como

Moves
20d
1 edit

@wildgrass said
Churchill saved the world and was removed from office.

Trump did not save the world - could not even build a simple wall - and was removed from office.

Catch the difference?
As a liberal, which you certainly are, you think the issue is comparing saving the world to building a wall. That is not the issue, it is the mistakes, in both cases, of two leaders blocked from finishing their leaderships. Did u miss where I said that a $20B wall would have been quite the success, considering no crime or drugs or trafficking, nor spending $150 billion fighting the invaders?
Did you miss that? Golly. Do you not agree that had there been a wall, if there were a wall there right now, that everything would be much better.?
Everyone, Wildgrass seems to suggest that it was a good idea that there not be a wall erected by Donald Trump over an eight year period? Have any of you lost anyone or known anyone who died of fentanyl or have been raped or murdered or in a car wreck, by an illegal immigrant, etc. etc. etc.. ?
Furthermore, does everyone agree that a wall should be built by Trump when he takes office? A good question.

PS: Note that the reasoning behind not wanting Trump around is that he is personally disliked. Liberals do not understand his ability to lead…… well they are about to see it. Yeah, Old Sunhouse he sure hated Trump‘s trash mouth. I would never vote for anybody that had a trash mouth. I think Michael Jordan had a trash mouth. I will look it up.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
20d

@mchill said
What is their underlying theme of posts?

The underlying theme of "their" posts takes many forms, from the environment, to criminal's having access to guns, to Mexico paying for that border wall, to a convicted fraudster and sexual abuser selling himself as the very best candidate for President, to huge corporations getting billions of dollars in government "free stuff" whil ...[text shortened]... s

Does that answer your question, or are you still struggling with your reading comprehension? 🙄
Hear, hear.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
20d

@mott-the-hoople said
thanks for displaying how the lib posters cling to lies
You misspelled cons.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
20d

@averagejoe1 said
Too many varying opinions on environment, you fellers are struggling, not us.
Criminals should not have guns, don’t know what that has to do with this. Comprehension problem?
Yes, there could be a better president! Maybe me. That is irrelevant to this issue.
Corps were voted free stuff by your reps. That means you voted for it.
There is no quid pro quo money for non-c ...[text shortened]... s$, the result of MY American dream…….Am I correct that you people want to get it from me? McHill?
Maybe you should pay it back in back taxes you squirmed out of.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
20d

@kevcvs57 said
There is no such thing as the American dream, it’s a fairy tale you tell your kids when you tuck them in at night
P.s there is no tooth fairy or Easter bunny either Joe, soz.
There IS an American Dream.

If only people like AvJoe would stop fighting it.