Chicago mayor blames right-wing extremists for city's problems

Chicago mayor blames right-wing extremists for city's problems

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
157d

Once again, evil white people are to blame.
Just never stops with these people, nothing is ever their fault.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opinion/democrat-mayor-shamefully-blames-city-s-problems-on-right-wing-extremists/ar-AA1kRQ58?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=HCTS&cvid=56691f8116e748c9be6c47f12d78ea20&ei=13

rain

Moves
157d
3 edits

He's referring to migrants like those shipped from Texas to Chicago, causing a homelessness crisis:

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/chicago-homeless-migrants-shelter-faces-backlash-2023-12-01/

Stop posting right-wing opinion pieces. They're never accurate.

Lake Como

Moves
157d

@vivify said
He's referring to migrants like those shipped from Texas to Chicago, causing a homelessness crisis:

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/chicago-homeless-migrants-shelter-faces-backlash-2023-12-01/

Read your articles before posting. Not just the headline.
Be real, man. Every whiney lib city claims the same thing. Even that quear manniquen CA governor claims that REAGAN ,of 50 yeears ago, caused the homelessness now that Californians are dealing with every day.

Moves
157d
1 edit

@vivify said

Stop posting right-wing opinion pieces. They're never accurate.
You posted an entirely different article, try reading the one I posted,
"Chicago Mayor Brandon Johnson blamed right-wing extremism for the issues facing his city, accusing them of targeting democratically-run cities and creating division.

“What we’ve seen is a very raggedy form of right-wing extremism,” the mayor stated.

“Everyone knows that the right-wing extremism in this country has targeted democratically run cities, and quite frankly, they have been quite intentional about going after democratically ran cities that are led by people of color.”

rain

Moves
157d

@averagejoe1 said
Be real, man. Every whiney lib city claims the same thing. Even that quear manniquen CA governor claims that REAGAN ,of 50 yeears ago, caused the homelessness now that Californians are dealing with every day.
Yawn.

Your buddy made false claims about the mayor. That what this thread is about.

rain

Moves
157d
2 edits

@jj-adams said
Sounds like YOU are the one that didn't read the article:
"Chicago Mayor Brandon Johnson blamed right-wing extremism for the issues facing his city, accusing them of targeting democratically-run cities and creating division.

“What we’ve seen is a very raggedy form of right-wing extremism,” the mayor stated.

“Everyone knows that the right-wing extremism in this country ...[text shortened]... been quite intentional about going after democratically ran cities that are led by people of color.”
You missed my edit. Your right-wing opinion piece is wrong. Johnson was *specifically* talking about the migrant crisis and being targeted by red states to ship then there

He wasn't blaming Chicago's problems on anyone else.

Moves
157d

@vivify said
You missed my edit. Your right-wing opinion piece is wrong. Johnson was *specifically* talking about the migrant crisis and being targeted by red states to ship then there

He wasn't blaming Chicago's problems on anyone else.
You seem to have a problem with reading comprehension.
He IS blaming right-wing extremists for his city's problems, are you really that thick?

rain

Moves
157d

@jj-adams said
He IS blaming right-wing extremists for his city's problems, are you really that thick?
Wrong, cupcake.

He's pinning literally one problem on right-wingers which is verifiably true. It's a fact that Texas shipped migrants to Chicago, and doing so caused a homelessness problem.

So why did your article leave that part out? Because it makes right wingers look bad. Your propaganda piece made it seem the mayor was just blaming any and all problems on your kind. He's not. The mayor is addressing a specific issue your people caused.

Lake Como

Moves
157d

@jj-adams said
Ask Vivify, then whose fault is it? Best fun on forum is asking libs questions they cannot answer. I should have written them all down, so I can send them all out as a Christmas present. I do still wish Sonhouse would explain why he is OK with male swimmers and little girls, but will not tell me what he would think if it was his daughter in the swim meet.
I have already chalked that one up as a win, so I hope now that he doesn’t answer it, I might be have to take it out of the win column.

rain

Moves
157d

@averagejoe1 said
Ask Vivify, then whose fault is it?
Whose fault is it that Texas sent migrants to Chicago. Let me think.

Moves
157d
1 edit

@vivify said
Whose fault is it that Texas sent migrants to Chicago. Let me think.
Whose fault is it that migrants were allowed in Texas to begin with?

rain

Moves
157d
1 edit

@jj-adams said
Not Chicago.

Moves
157d

@vivify said
Not Chicago.
Then who?
Come on, answer.
Oh wait, I know, it's just gotta be Trump, right?

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
157d

@jj-adams said
The Mexican government who couldn't keep the Texians out of Tejas.

rain

Moves
157d
1 edit

@jj-adams said
Migrants are not "allowed" to cross illegally:

https://www.texastribune.org/2023/12/01/texas-border-sb4-illegal-crossing-state-law/

Abbott has taken a series of actions since March 2021, such as sending troopers and National Guard members to the 1,200-mile-long Texas-Mexico border to apprehend immigrants crossing the Rio Grande.