Chicago mayor blames right-wing extremists for city's problems

Chicago mayor blames right-wing extremists for city's problems

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
157d
2 edits

@vivify said
Whose fault is it that Texas sent migrants to Chicago. Let me think.
I'll tell ya whose fault, vivify,,, it was Joe Biden's fault.

It was, after all, Joe Biden that allowed all those illegals into the country to be shipped off to liberal cities *in the first place*

thanks for asking,

rain

Moves
157d
3 edits

@earl-of-trumps said

It was, after all, Joe Biden that allowed all those illegals into the country to be shipped off to liberal cities *in the first place*

thanks for asking,
You're right. I agree completely. But answer this:

Why pick Chicago? There are so many liberal cities that are richer and less populated; why Chicago? Why New York City?

Texas and Florida could've chosen Beverly Hills, Westchester or many other much better off places run by Dems. But those cities in particular were chosen just to stick it to Dems. The goal was to overwhelm those cities.

There are so many more suitable places in America where those migrants could've been dispersed more ethically but the lives of those migrants are nothing more than weapons to score points with.

That is the fault of right-wingers.

mlb62

Moves
157d

the google eyed Lightfoot didn't help ..actually made things worse for Johnson..She's to blame for a lot of crime in Chicago today..ask any city cop..

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
156d

@vivify said
You're right. I agree completely. But answer this:

Why pick Chicago? There are so many liberal cities that are richer and less populated; why Chicago? Why New York City?

Texas and Florida could've chosen Beverly Hills, Westchester or many other much better off places run by Dems. But those cities in particular were chosen just to stick it to Dems. The goal was to ...[text shortened]... igrants are nothing more than weapons to score points with.

That is the fault of right-wingers.
All I can tell you is, the immigrants were sent to sanctuary cities and states.
That way there, said locations can't refuse the immigrants.

Now, where they pick Chicago and New York over other cities, I can't say why but some of it has to do with
trying to get these democratic mayors to voice their opinion to the President, you know, wake him up!

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
156d

@mlb62 said
the google eyed Lightfoot didn't help ..actually made things worse for Johnson..She's to blame for a lot of crime in Chicago today..ask any city cop..
What surprised some pundits is, Johnson is supposedly worse than Lightfoot, which is hard to believe.

All I can say is, the people of Chicago don't care about living in an unsafe city.

rain

Moves
156d
3 edits

@earl-of-trumps said
All I can tell you is, the immigrants were sent to sanctuary cities and states.
That way there, said locations can't refuse the immigrants.
https://news.wttw.com/2023/10/20/what-does-it-mean-chicago-sanctuary-city-here-s-what-know

"Chicago’s status as a sanctuary city does not require it to encourage immigrants to move to Chicago nor does the Welcoming City ordinance obligate officials to use taxpayer funds to care for immigrants in Chicago."

Being a sanctuary city only means that local law enforcement is not required to turn over undocumented immigrants to feds like ICE. That's it. It doesn't mean they're required to accept undocumented immigrants,

In fact, "sanctuary city" is not even a legally binding term. So they can indeed refuse migrants.

Now, where they pick Chicago and New York over other cities, I can't say why but some of it has to do with trying to get these democratic mayors to voice their opinion to the President, you know, wake him up!

Well they're using human beings as pawns to do it. Imagine living in a country so with conditions so bad that you travel thousands of miles, braving harsh weather, homelessness, foot shortage and life-threatening danger trying to cross harsh terrain, and you have children on top of it. Imagine then being *purposely* sent to a city as a political stunt knowing they aren't equipped to house and you now must live on the streets, struggling with any children you may have while these politicians use you to laugh at their opposition.

I get Biden needs to do more for the border but red states are callously playing with human lives to score political points.

DeSantis sent migrants to Martha's Vineyard in Massachusetts's which is not even a sanctuary state. They were much better off in a place like that rather than Chicago and right-wingers know this. Yet they deliberately dump migrants in Dem cities just to have a laugh.

rain

Moves
156d

For the record: I agree that U.S. borders should be secure enough that no one is able to enter unless allowed.

Keep in mind that it's not that simple. Let's say a giant wall was built and no migrant could get past it. Then you still have the issue of people dying outside of the walls that need help. You can't just shrug and let them die. Something still has to be done.

w

Moves
156d

@earl-of-trumps said

thanks for asking,
Joe Biden put his chewed gum on the sidewalk and then I stepped in it.

Thanks a lot.

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
156d

@jj-adams said
You posted an entirely different article, try reading the one I posted,
"Chicago Mayor Brandon Johnson blamed right-wing extremism for the issues facing his city, accusing them of targeting democratically-run cities and creating division.

“What we’ve seen is a very raggedy form of right-wing extremism,” the mayor stated.

“Everyone knows that the right-wing extremism i ...[text shortened]... been quite intentional about going after democratically ran cities that are led by people of color.”
Lol but that’s exactly what these Republican people traffickers are doing you effing moron