1. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    11 Mar '24 12:381 edit
    Do you not see what is going on? Let us say that it is happening, obviously to garner votes which will put Dems over the top is 2028.
    If we were playing Chess and prior to beginning, I put Q and 2 knights in the middle, protecting the Knights that I had just put there, would all of you and Sonhouse be cool with that?
    That would be dirty chess. The below is blatantly dirty, and you fellers do not dive a shyte. A sickening lot. YOu may as well read it, to gear up for coming discussions. Why don't dems play fair?

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/gop-effort-to-stop-illegal-immigrants-being-counted-on-census-for-electoral-college-shot-down-in-senate
  2. Joined
    20 Oct '06
    Moves
    11 Mar '24 12:431 edit
    @averagejoe1 said
    Do you not see what is going on? Let us say that it is happening, obviously to garner votes which will put Dems over the top is 2028.
    If we were playing Chess and prior to beginning, I put Q and 2 knights in the middle, protecting the Knights that I had just put there, would all of you and Sonhouse be cool with that?
    That would be dirty chess. The below is bl ...[text shortened]... -effort-to-stop-illegal-immigrants-being-counted-on-census-for-electoral-college-shot-down-in-senate
    Lol "GOP effort" that's funny.

They are a majority.

Hilarious. Did the interviewer ask what hagerty himself is doing to stop the flow of migrants, other than a line item 6 years from now?
  3. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    11 Mar '24 12:48
    @wildgrass said
    Lol "GOP effort" that's funny.

They are a majority.

Hilarious. Did the interviewer ask what hagerty himself is doing to stop the flow of migrants, other than a line item 6 years from now?
    Please begin on the issue? Not much to ask. Does it seem dirty for the dems to want to put people who are illegalhy here, who are not supposed to be here, who are actually subject to being deported by the next GOP administration, into positions of power?
    That is all I am asking everyone, in my crusade to get you to stay on issues. There is one question posed here, and you put lieutenant WGrass out there to throw it off course, to deflect the issue from the Kevs and the Suziannes, and god forbid, the Sonhouses of the world. Can everyone discuss an adult issue? Lets pretend Sue has us all over for a cup of coffee on the porch.
  4. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    11 Mar '24 12:48
    There is actually an interesting debate wrapped up in your fear and racism.

Who should vote in a democratic election?
    Just people with jobs?
    Slaves?
    Women?
    Illegals?
    Only people with a passport?

When you start peeling it off, you get to some to something more interesting than you’re probably expecting.
  5. Subscribermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    11 Mar '24 13:311 edit
    @averagejoe1 said
    That would be dirty chess. The below is bl ...[text shortened]... -effort-to-stop-illegal-immigrants-being-counted-on-census-for-electoral-college-shot-down-in-senate

I think most people here would be cool with it. You'd simply blunder your way to another loss like you usually do. I addition, anyone who's been competing here for 14 years with a rating still in the 900's shouldn't be counseling others on which squares to place their pieces. 😏
  6. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    11 Mar '24 13:331 edit
    @averagejoe1 said
    The bill was unconstitutional. Try reading the relevant portion of the US Constitution next time. Section 2 of the 14th Amendment requires the counting of the whole number of persons in each State (except for Indians not taxed).
  7. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    11 Mar '24 14:30
    @shavixmir said
    There is actually an interesting debate wrapped up in your fear and racism.

Who should vote in a democratic election?
    Just people with jobs?
    Slaves?
    Women?
    Illegals?
    Only people with a passport?

When you start peeling it off, you get to some to something more interesting than you’re probably expecting.
    So silly, really glib, right up there with SuziannePerson posts.
    There is but one element….citizens of their respective countries vote. Even Netherlands, if you can believe that. I think even convicts can vote if they are citizens.
    You asked for ‘interesting’ but I am simply giving you a fact, interesting or not.
    Oh my goodness, I almost let you get away with changing the subject again. Can you respond to the original question in the first post. Thank you in advance.
  8. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    11 Mar '24 14:34
    @mchill said

I think most people here would be cool with it. You'd simply blunder your way to another loss like you usually do. I addition, anyone who's been competing here for 14 years with a rating still in the 900's shouldn't be counseling others on which squares to place their pieces. 😏
    Darn, we’ve lost McHill too. Y’all keep up dodging my kick-ass thread and no one will be left. Just yesterday the monitors wrote me a note and said they are amazed how many debates I win. Oh golly, I’m just kidding, I know that y’all take everything seriously… They really did not write me. But I do win. So far, I am batting 1000 on this thread. Anybody left? Tell us why illegal non- citizens, or any non-citizens, should be included in a census of citizens.
  9. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    11 Mar '24 14:431 edit
    @no1marauder said
    The bill was unconstitutional. Try reading the relevant portion of the US Constitution next time. Section 2 of the 14th Amendment requires the counting of the whole number of persons in each State (except for Indians not taxed).
    But illegal immigrants are presenting a warped representation of who our citizens are, the people who vote.
    Are you , Marauder, suggesting that these immigrants who are not citizens vote on our laws and on who will lead our country???
    Libs cannot answer yes or no questions. You won’t.
  10. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    11 Mar '24 14:43
    @averagejoe1 said
    Darn, we’ve lost McHill too. Y’all keep up dodging my kick-ass thread and no one will be left. Just yesterday the monitors wrote me a note and said they are amazed how many debates I win. Oh golly, I’m just kidding, I know that y’all take everything seriously… They really did not write me. But I do win. So far, I am batting 1000 on this thread. Anybody left? Tell us why illegal non- citizens, or any non-citizens, should be included in a census of citizens.
    Because the Constitution says so?
  11. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    11 Mar '24 15:16
    @averagejoe1 said
    But illegal immigrants are presenting a warped representation of who our citizens are, the people who vote.
    Are you , Marauder, suggesting that these immigrants who are not citizens vote on our laws and on who will lead our country???
    Libs cannot answer yes or no questions. You won’t.
    Are you saying that simply filling out a census enfranchises you?
    That’s very enlightened of you guys, we just used ours to figure what areas needed what infrastructure and services and, you know how many people were in the country.
    If you cross tabulated this census information with voting records and such you might find out how many non citizens are in your country Joe
    I don’t get the beef
  12. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    11 Mar '24 16:282 edits
    @no1marauder said
    Because the Constitution says so?
    People who illegally enter our country....they are entitled to vote? Illegals? You are thus sayiing that a person who qualifies as someone illegally here, being subject to being kicked the hell back, and AT THE SAME TIME have the right to go down to the
    courthouse and vote for our president??!??!?!??!Can you show us that, and meanwhile, what does this mean?

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/what-constitutional-rights-do-undocumented-immigrants-have#:~:text=“Yes%2C%20without%20question%2C”,jurisdiction%20in%20the%20United%20States.”

"It wasn’t until 1926 that all states passed laws barring noncitizens from voting. Congress passed a law 70 years later prohibiting illegal immigrants from voting “the office of President, Vice President, Presidential elector, Member of the Senate, Member of the House of Representatives, Delegate from the District of Columbia, or Resident Commissioner

How it works in practice: If you are not a U.S. citizen, voting in a federal election could land you in prison for up to three years or lead to deportation. States can impose their own, sometimes harsher, penalties for breaking the law.

(All of this is true, I am not too keen on doing your remedial research for you. But it is a (liberal.) PBS piece.,,,see here

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/what-constitutional-rights-do-undocumented-immigrants-have#:~:text=“Yes%2C%20without%20question%2C”,jurisdiction%20in%20the%20United%20States.”
  13. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    11 Mar '24 16:351 edit
    @averagejoe1 said
    PS: To make it easier, check out this paragraph:

It wasn’t until 1926 that all states passed laws barring noncitizens from voting. Congress passed a law 70 years later prohibiting illegal immigrants from voting “for the office of President, Vice President, Presidential elector, Member of the Senate, Member of the House of Representatives, Delegate from the District of Columbia, or Resident Commissioner.”

How it works in practice: If you are not a U.S. citizen, voting in a federal election could land you in prison for up to three years or lead to deportation. States can impose their own, sometimes harsher, penalties for breaking the law.

And in my speed read, I did not see them mention illegal ones. Who are they alkiing about.
  14. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    11 Mar '24 16:411 edit
    @averagejoe1 said
    People who illegally enter our country....they are entitled to vote? Illegals? You are thus sayiing that a person who qualifies as someone illegally here, being subject to being kicked the hell back, and AT THE SAME TIME have the right to go down to the
    courthouse and vote for our president??!??!?!??!Can you show us that, and meanwhile, what does this mean?

https:/ ...[text shortened]... immigrants-have#:~:text=“Yes%2C%20without%20question%2C”,jurisdiction%20in%20the%20United%20States.”
    No, you idiot, you're changing the subject which was supposed to be about who is counted in the Census.

Lots of people are counted in the Census who are ineligible to vote.
  15. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    11 Mar '24 18:38
    @kevcvs57 said
    Are you saying that simply filling out a census enfranchises you?
    That’s very enlightened of you guys, we just used ours to figure what areas needed what infrastructure and services and, you know how many people were in the country.
    If you cross tabulated this census information with voting records and such you might find out how many non citizens are in your country Joe
    I don’t get the beef
    I didn't mention filling out a census...Y'all have t start staying with the issue

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree