Dems block Bill to exclude Illegals in census

Dems block Bill to exclude Illegals in census

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lake Como

Moves
65d

@no1marauder said
No, you idiot, you're changing the subject which was supposed to be about who is counted in the Census.

Lots of people are counted in the Census who are ineligible to vote.
I'm so sorry.

1. Should people wandering the streets who are illegally here (does the constitution even use the word illegal) be able to vote?

2. Should they be included in a census?

Lake Como

Moves
65d

@AverageJoe1
Rope a dope and whack a mole all at the same time

Tum podem

Sewers of Holland

Moves
65d

@averagejoe1 said
So silly, really glib, right up there with SuziannePerson posts.
There is but one element….citizens of their respective countries vote. Even Netherlands, if you can believe that. I think even convicts can vote if they are citizens.
You asked for ‘interesting’ but I am simply giving you a fact, interesting or not.
Oh my goodness, I almost let you get away w ...[text shortened]... the subject again. Can you respond to the original question in the first post. Thank you in advance.
What about people who have lived and worked there for 3 years. Shouldn’t they get a say?

What about criminals?

Why shouldn’t someone who’s not a citizen, but lives in a place not have a say in the running of the place?

Tum podem

Sewers of Holland

Moves
65d

@averagejoe1 said
I'm so sorry.

1. Should people wandering the streets who are illegally here (does the constitution even use the word illegal) be able to vote?

2. Should they be included in a census?
People illegally in a country…

Say I move to the US to work for a year.
Do I need to obey by the laws of the land?
And if so, why can’t I have a say in what those laws should be?

You seem awfully hung up on “only American voting”.

Why not ban anyone who isn’t 15th generation from voting?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
65d

@AverageJoe1
Was that result in the house?

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
65d

@averagejoe1 said
Do you not see what is going on? Let us say that it is happening, obviously to garner votes which will put Dems over the top is 2028.
If we were playing Chess and prior to beginning, I put Q and 2 knights in the middle, protecting the Knights that I had just put there, would all of you and Sonhouse be cool with that?
That would be dirty chess. The below is bl ...[text shortened]... -effort-to-stop-illegal-immigrants-being-counted-on-census-for-electoral-college-shot-down-in-senate
How come your Fox News article didn't mention that such a law would be a direct violation of the explicit wording of the US Constitution?

"Section 2 Apportionment of Representation

Representatives shall be apportioned among the several States according to their respective numbers, counting the whole number of persons in each State, excluding Indians not taxed. "

US Constitution, 14th Amendment

Lake Como

Moves
65d

@shavixmir said
What about people who have lived and worked there for 3 years. Shouldn’t they get a say?

What about criminals?

Why shouldn’t someone who’s not a citizen, but lives in a place not have a say in the running of the place?
I would love to see how you’d draw that line. 2 months? 7 years? You would be in the same predicament as trying to decide how much money to get from rich people what other tests should they meet? Any? To live in the greatest country in the world? Demanding such rights? Haha

Lake Como

Moves
65d

@shavixmir said

What about criminals?

Do we owe them a say? We can’t even buy land in China, but they get to buy all they want here. You fellers have on blinders.

Lake Como

Moves
65d
1 edit

@shavixmir said
People illegally in a country…

Say I move to the US to work for a year.
Do I need to obey by the laws of the land?
And if so, why can’t I have a say in what those laws should be?

You seem awfully hung up on “only American voting”.

Why not ban anyone who isn’t 15th generation from voting?
Define move to. Illegally? Then, No to all.
Thank you,. You fillers do not ask me many questions.

Lake Como

Moves
65d

@no1marauder said
How come your Fox News article didn't mention that such a law would be a direct violation of the explicit wording of the US Constitution?

"Section 2 Apportionment of Representation

Representatives shall be apportioned among the several States according to their respective numbers, counting the whole number of persons in each State, excluding Indians not taxed. "

US Constitution, 14th Amendment
OK, I agree that a census should include every human being inside of a certain demographic area. Or any area, for that matter. Simply, because we need to know who they are, what they are, and why they are here, and frankly, when they are leaving.
Further, as you liberals keep getting money from all of us to give to them, we need to know how many there are, so that we will know how much money to give to you to give to them, instead of giving it to our own children. I know that is confusing. I am trying to work with you here. Thank you all for normal conversation.

Tum podem

Sewers of Holland

Moves
64d

@averagejoe1 said
I would love to see how you’d draw that line. 2 months? 7 years? You would be in the same predicament as trying to decide how much money to get from rich people what other tests should they meet? Any? To live in the greatest country in the world? Demanding such rights? Haha
You could draw the law at: Everyone living in a place since current date + 6 months, for example.

People who live abroad for years still get to vote. Isn’t that rather strange?

Tum podem

Sewers of Holland

Moves
64d

@averagejoe1 said
Do we owe them a say? We can’t even buy land in China, but they get to buy all they want here. You fellers have on blinders.
Stop selling land then.

D

Moves
64d

@no1marauder said
No, you idiot, you're changing the subject which was supposed to be about who is counted in the Census.

They're still there LEGALLY.

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
64d

@averagejoe1 said
@AverageJoe1
Rope a dope and whack a mole all at the same time
Or you could admit that you started another idiotic and nonsensical thread without thinking it through and now you find your premise indefensible

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
64d

@djj said

They're still there LEGALLY.
So you don’t want to know how many illegals are actually in the country?
Is that so you can grossly overestimate how many come in under dems and grossly underestimate how many come in under the MAGA party.
If not you will need to explain why this is such a shock horror moment for you guys, given that you just locked legislation to stem the flow and control the border.