Derek Chauvin stabbed

Derek Chauvin stabbed

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
156d

@JJ-Adams
I guess this reporting is totally bogus since it is Reuters

https://www.reuters.com/article/factcheck-george-floyd-overdose-death/fact-check-no-evidence-drug-overdose-was-main-cause-of-death-for-george-floyd-in-2020-idUSL1N3241XJ/

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
155d

@jj-adams said
Dishonest answer, Floyd would scare the snot out of you and watch for you to leave your house so he could ransack it.
He'd also fill the place up with his thug friends and it wouldn't be a safe neighborhood anymore.
Have you no common sense?
He would scare the snot out of you for sure but not me
Psycho eyed Chauvin with a gun would keep me up at night, he’s where he belongs and he got no worse than a lot of much more innocent / non violent people in the system get so stop whining about the shanked killer racist

Moves
155d

@kevcvs57 said
He would scare the snot out of you for sure but not me
Psycho eyed Chauvin with a gun would keep me up at night, he’s where he belongs and he got no worse than a lot of much more innocent / non violent people in the system get so stop whining about the shanked killer racist
Oh bullchit, if you saw Floyd walking down the street towards you , you'd crap yourself.
Speaking of hurting innocent/nonviolent people, Floyd did that his entire life.
At least Chauvin never did a home invasion, pointed a gun at the abdomen of a pregnant woman, and laughed when he said he was going to kill her baby like Floyd did.

rain

Moves
155d

@jj-adams said
Oh bullchit, if you saw Floyd walking down the street towards you , you'd crap yourself.
At least Chauvin never did a home invasion, pointed a gun at the abdomen of a pregnant woman, and laughed when he said he was going to kill her baby like Floyd did.
Irrelevant, Chauvin still committed murder.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
155d
1 edit

@jj-adams said
Floyd did his time for that i.e. a 5 year prison sentence.

So Chauvin should do his time, shouldn't he?

And not everyone has the intense level of Negrophobia you exhibit. You should speak to a trained psychologist.

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
155d

@jj-adams said
Listen dummy your fears are your own I’ve been walking the same streets as people who look like George Floyd for as long as I can remember
Cops running around with lots of guns and very title training or vetting is what scares me.
I guess what your used to is what your comfortable with, your obviously ok with representatives of the law shoving guns in your face and killing you if you make them nervous but dissolve into a pool of wet jelly if you see someone with a different skin colour to you.

Moves
155d

@kevcvs57 said
Listen dummy your fears are your own I’ve been walking the same streets as people who look like George Floyd for as long as I can remember
Cops running around with lots of guns and very title training or vetting is what scares me.
Uh-huh, sure you have.
Just what are these mean streets you have been growing up on?

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
155d

@jj-adams said
@vivify
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFPi3EigjFA
Gee, a movie made by the wife of the ex-head of the Minneapolis police union. Must be completely unbiased! It does sound a lot like most posts in this thread:

"So now comes The Fall of Minneapolis, a ludicrous new documentary that, while throwing a lot of victim-blaming, blame-shifting, and other nonsense at the wall to see what sticks, is dedicated to the Orwellian notion that what every one of us has seen with our own eyes is not what really happened. Mostly, it makes arguments that have already failed in court, in some cases multiple times."

"Based on the documentary’s tone, the title really should have been “Why George Floyd Deserved to Die, and Why We’re Glad He’s Dead.” Or maybe “He Should Have Complied: The Movie.”

"There’s also not a word about Chauvin’s extensive history of use-of-force complaints, some of which involved choking. "

As to the producer's husband: "You’d have no idea, from this film, about any of the long history of misconduct and brutality on the part of the Minneapolis Police Department, or for that matter any of the numerous abuses that took place in the aftermath of Floyd’s death. The latter resulted in a $600,000 settlement with the ACLU, which included a ten-year ban on Liz Collin’s hubby, Bob Kroll, from serving in three counties’ police departments."

https://stephensilver.substack.com/p/the-fall-of-minneapolis-is-orwellian

Über-Nerd

Moves
155d

@no1marauder said

There was no "miscarriage of justice" and Chauvin isn't a "wrongfully convicted man". He's a criminal who just happened to be carrying a badge.
A thug who should not have been issued a badge.

Die Cheeseburger

Provocation

Moves
155d

@vivify said
Irrelevant, Chauvin still committed murder.
If GF had been on his back with a knee on his throat you'd have a point,GF was laying on his front with a knee on his shoulder, that doesn't normally result in death.

If you were trying to murder someone is that a method you'd choose?

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
155d
1 edit

@wajoma said
If GF had been on his back with a knee on his throat you'd have a point,GF was laying on his front with a knee on his shoulder, that doesn't normally result in death.

If you were trying to murder someone is that a method you'd choose?
Chauvin wasn't convicted of intentional murder, so your point is irrelevant.

A jury did convict him of this after having all the evidence submitted by both the prosecution and defense at trial:

"Charge: Second Degree Murder - Unintentional - While Committing A Felony
Minnesota Statute: 609.19.2(1)
Maximum Sentence: Imprisonment of not more than 40 years.
Offense Level: Felony
Offense Date (on or about): 05/25/2020
Control #(ICR🙄: 20200338
Charge Description: That on or about May 25, 2020, in Hennepin County, Minnesota, Derek Michael Chauvin, caused the death of a human being, George Floyd, without intent to effect the death of any person, while committing or attempting to commit a felony offense other than criminal sexual conduct in the first or second degree with force or violence or a drive-by shooting, namely assault in the third degree.

https://web.archive.org/web/20200604085340/http://mncourts.gov/mncourtsgov/media/High-Profile-Cases/27-CR-20-12646/AmendedComplaint06032020.pdf

w

Moves
153d

@no1marauder said
Chauvin wasn't convicted of intentional murder, so your point is irrelevant.

A jury did convict him of this after having all the evidence submitted by both the prosecution and defense at trial:

"Charge: Second Degree Murder - Unintentional - While Committing A Felony
Minnesota Statute: 609.19.2(1)
Maximum Sentence: Imprisonment of not more than 40 years.
Offense ...[text shortened]... http://mncourts.gov/mncourtsgov/media/High-Profile-Cases/27-CR-20-12646/AmendedComplaint06032020.pdf
Ding ding ding.

You can go to prison for a long time if you accidentally kill someone. Right wingers are somehow just learning this now, wondering how our justice system got all out of whack.

What, you thought all the people in prison were violent criminals? How naive.