Derek Chauvin stabbed

Derek Chauvin stabbed

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

w

Moves
174d

@wajoma said
Yes we all agree people shouldn't be wrongfully imprisoned, you've made an amazing point, gone straight to the root of the problem, it's incredible, your insight is incredible, you're incredible.

Thank you.
What's the solution? Write dear stan letters to Derek?

Moves
174d

Remember when Floyd did 5 years in prison for a home invasion, when he put his gun to the belly of a pregnant woman and told her he was going to kill her baby?
Good times.

Die Cheeseburger

Provocation

Moves
174d
1 edit

@wildgrass said
What's the solution? Write dear stan letters to Derek?
I'm sure people wrongfully imprisoned would get a great deal of comfort, or at least some small relief, from letters of support. The list of these people grows and they always express gratitude when possible.

Good for you JJ, the man is locked up for doing his job while some junkie trash lifetime criminal OD get's showered in liberal tears and adulation. People all over the world are behind officer Chauvin, and the truth.

But wildgrass advises against it, if you can't write to them all you may as well write to someone else altogether. Or write a form letter and bulk send them for that personal touch.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
174d

@jj-adams said
Remember when Floyd did 5 years in prison for a home invasion, when he put his gun to the belly of a pregnant woman and told her he was going to kill her baby?
Good times.
No.

Remember when Chauvin murdered a man for selling loose cigarettes?

w

Moves
174d

@wajoma said
I'm sure people wrongfully imprisoned would get a great deal of comfort, or at least some small relief, from letters of support. The list of these people grows and they always express gratitude when possible.

Good for you JJ, the man is locked up for doing his job while some junkie trash lifetime criminal OD get's showered in liberal tears and adulation. People all over ...[text shortened]... write to someone else altogether. Or write a form letter and bulk send them for that personal touch.
That depends. Is it Dear stan, hearts and prayers you're so brave.

Or...

Dear stan, I am working with elected officials to change the law so police officers like you won't be wrongfully imprisoned.

It seemed like in the dozen threads on the subject we might have finally found an issue (criminal justice reform) that libs and cons could agree on. The types of changes to laws once proposed by libs could be used to free this convict.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
174d

@wajoma said
Trying to delve into vivify's logic.

Floyd was resisting arrest when he was resisting arrest, but when police employ a technique from the training manual to stop people resisting arrest Floyd was no longer resisting arrest. Conclusion: Police are trained on how to stop people that are resisting arrest from resisting arrest, and when they use that technique people can no ...[text shortened]... isting arrest when he was prevented from resisting arrest.

Check out the big brain on vivify 8^/
I don't believe the penalty for Resisting Arrest in Minnesota is death.

Like sooooooooooooooooo many other threads, we have a couple of entirely biased posters (one a well-known virulent racist) relying on little more than newspaper articles attacking the verdict given by a jury which saw ALL the evidence including every single bit they are relying on. This is ridiculous as usual.

He was aggressively defended by counsel at trial and appealed the verdict as far as law allowed him including requesting review by the SCOTUS on the same argument JJ made in the OP. https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2023/11/20/supreme-court-derek-chauvin-george-floyd/71650699007/

There was no "miscarriage of justice" and Chauvin isn't a "wrongfully convicted man". He's a criminal who just happened to be carrying a badge.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
174d

@wajoma said

Good for you JJ, the man is locked up for doing his job while some junkie trash lifetime criminal OD get's showered in liberal tears and adulation. People all over ...[text shortened]... write to someone else altogether. Or write a form letter and bulk send them for that personal touch.
How much "gratitude" should murderers get?

Die Cheeseburger

Provocation

Moves
174d
1 edit

@no1marauder said
How much "gratitude" should murderers get?
You need to calm down, you're firing from the hip. The gratitude is for concerned citizens taking the time to write letters of support.

At least you concede the 'resisting arrest' aspect, some can't even bring themselves to admit that, Floyd was an angel doing everything he could to assist the officers in their enquiries.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
174d

@wajoma said

How about this "truth":

"In a separate federal indictment, Chauvin also pleaded guilty to willfully depriving a 14-year-old Minneapolis resident of his constitutional right to be free from the use of unreasonable force by a police officer. The charges stem from an episode in September 2017 and allege that Chauvin, without legal justification, held the teenager by the throat, struck him multiple times in the head with a flashlight and held his knee on the boy's neck and the upper back while he was handcuffed and in a prone position."

https://abcnews.go.com/US/derek-chauvin-pleads-guilty-federal-charges-violating-george/story?id=81766309

Die Cheeseburger

Provocation

Moves
174d

@no1marauder said
How about this "truth":

"In a separate federal indictment, Chauvin also pleaded guilty to willfully depriving a 14-year-old Minneapolis resident of his constitutional right to be free from the use of unreasonable force by a police officer. The charges stem from an episode in September 2017 and allege that Chauvin, without legal justification, held the teenager by the t ...[text shortened]... s://abcnews.go.com/US/derek-chauvin-pleads-guilty-federal-charges-violating-george/story?id=81766309
Separate case, you want me to drag up all junkie trash ODed flunky Floyds past record?

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
174d

@wajoma said
You need to calm down, you're firing from the hip. The gratitude is for concerned citizens taking the time to write letters of support.

At least you concede the 'resisting arrest' aspect, some can't even bring themselves to admit that, Floyd was an angel doing everything he could to assist the officers in their enquiries.
I conceded nothing. I assumed, for the sake of argument, that Floyd did resist arrest in order to counter your ludicrous implied claim that that would justify his murder.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
174d
1 edit

@wajoma said
Separate case, you want me to drag up all junkie trash ODed flunky Floyds past record?
You've been singing Chauvin's praises as if he was a saint but now you don't want to discuss another crime he pled guilty to also arising from his conduct as a corrupt police officer?

No, I don't care about a murder victim's past record.

Die Cheeseburger

Provocation

Moves
174d
1 edit

@no1marauder said
I conceded nothing. I assumed, for the sake of argument, that Floyd did resist arrest in order to counter your ludicrous implied claim that that would justify his murder.
OK then in your not so humble opinion did Banana boy resist arrest or not?

Did they have to tell him 8 times to show his hands, did they have to ask him out of the vehicle 8 times? What do you consider a reasonable number of requests?

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
174d

@wajoma said

Here's what Chauvin admitted in his signed Plea Agreement to the Federal charges:

"The defendant admits that no later than the time the officers decided not to apply the hobble to Mr. Floyd, the defendant's continued use of force became objectively unreasonable and excessive based on a totality of the circumstances. After that point, the defendant continued his unreasonable restraint of Mr. Floyd until after the paramedics arrived.

The defendant admits that in using this unreasonable and excessive force, he acted
willfully and in callous and wanton disregard ofthe consequences to Mr. Floyd's life. The defendant knew that what he was doing was wrong, in part, because it was contrary to his training as an MPD officer. The defendant chose to continue his use of force even though he knew from MPD policy and training that once Mr. Floyd was compliant, the defendant should have gotten off of him and moved him into a side recovery or seated position."

https://www.justice.gov/media/1181306/dl?inline Page 4

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
174d

@wajoma said
OK then in your not so humble opinion did Banana boy resist arrest or not?
"Banana Boy"?

What kind of racist slur is that?