Foreign students as well,swarming our country

Foreign students as well,swarming our country

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
44d
1 edit

@spruce112358 said
What percent of Muslims would you say are decent and respectable?
I cannot answer that but there are studies that help understanding this. One example is a freedom index, which is rating given to countries based on personal freedoms. The rating goes from 1 to 10. Most western countries have 9 to 10 rating, while the best Islamic country is about 8 and that is Bosnia. Most of these countries have a very poor freedom index and rate from 2 to 5.

People who grow up in such an environment like Saudi Arabia, Iran, Iraq, Qatar, Yemen are screwed up by their religion and their culture.

Google it.

s
Democracy Advocate

Moves
44d
1 edit

@averagejoe1 said
All masks should be banned world-wide.
No more Funny Hats!

What we need is special Funny Hat Police to make sure that no one EVER dares wear a Funny Hat in our presence again. 🙂

Moves
44d

@spruce112358 said
No more Funny Hats!

What we need is special Funny Hat Police to make sure that no one EVER dares wear a Funny Hat in our presence again. 🙂
damn you libs suck at wit and humor

s
Democracy Advocate

Moves
44d

@mott-the-hoople said
Hmmmm.... what are you wearing right now?

Are you wearing a funny hat? Just answer the question...

w

Moves
44d

@rajk999 said
People who grow up in such an environment like Saudi Arabia, Iran, Iraq, Qatar, Yemen are screwed up by their religion and their culture.

Google it.
And yet it's only a very small percentage who become radicalized terrorists.

Z

Moves
44d

@spruce112358 said
Well, I often prefer anecdotes to sweeping generalizations.

For one thing, the anecdotes I relate are true.

But generalizations…?

So there’s that. I guess it’s what you like.
you used an anecdote precisely to make a sweeping generalization, as a response to his idiotic statement "if they were your neighbours they would cut off your head" or whatever dumb excrement he said.
it's not a matter of preference it's how you debate a point.

the jerkwads use anecdotes too to make the opposite argument. Islam is a religion of hate because a couple of thousands out of more than a billion blow stuff up.

In this case you don't have to prove a billion people aren't hateful, the burden of proof is on them.

s
Democracy Advocate

Moves
44d
1 edit

@zahlanzi said
you used an anecdote precisely to make a sweeping generalization, as a response to his idiotic statement "if they were your neighbours they would cut off your head" or whatever dumb excrement he said.
it's not a matter of preference it's how you debate a point.

the jerkwads use anecdotes too to make the opposite argument. Islam is a religion of hate because a couple of ...[text shortened]... n this case you don't have to prove a billion people aren't hateful, the burden of proof is on them.
And yet a sweeping generalization falls with one counter-example.

EDIT: They are forced immediately into a "No True Scotsman" fallacy.

One know this, why are you hassling over it?

Lake Como

Moves
44d

@mott-the-hoople said
They are more about comedy. Think about it. Eerie, they are all the same

Z

Moves
43d

@spruce112358 said
And yet a sweeping generalization falls with one counter-example.

EDIT: They are forced immediately into a "No True Scotsman" fallacy.

One know this, why are you hassling over it?
they didn't ever said absolutely all muslims cut heads all the time so you counter it "look, one muslim managed to go through an entire dinner without cutting MY head"

common man

"EDIT: They are forced immediately into a "No True Scotsman" fallacy."
you think they are forced to anything just because you talked about a dinner you had one afternoon with one muslim family?

"One know this, why are you hassling over it?"
why do you think i am hassling you? you used an anecdote to prove a point i told you it's wrong. i finally have someone normal to talk to on this forum, why are you hassling ME?

s
Democracy Advocate

Moves
43d

@zahlanzi said
they didn't ever said absolutely all muslims cut heads all the time so you counter it "look, one muslim managed to go through an entire dinner without cutting MY head"

common man

"EDIT: They are forced immediately into a "No True Scotsman" fallacy."
you think they are forced to anything just because you talked about a dinner you had one afternoon with one muslim fami ...[text shortened]... old you it's wrong. i finally have someone normal to talk to on this forum, why are you hassling ME?
I meant hassling over the point, not hassling me. I'm sorry if that did not come across.

AvJoe's slanderous innuendos are open-ended. He paints with a broad brush.

He posed a question: 'tell us what we can learn...' and my answer was that those accusations don't line up with my experience - an experience I doubt AvJoe has actually had, btw.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
43d

@spruce112358 said
I meant hassling over the point, not hassling me. I'm sorry if that did not come across.

He posed a question: 'tell us what we can learn...' and my answer was that those accusations don't line up with my experience - an experience I doubt AvJoe has actually had, btw.
I keep telling you that its not about your experience, or mine. Dont personalise this discussion. Also you keep asking me about my experience with Muslims. Even that is of no relevance.

Z

Moves
43d

@spruce112358 said

"I meant hassling over the point, not hassling me. I'm sorry if that did not come across."
tried a joke, don't worry about it

"AvJoe's slanderous innuendos are open-ended. He paints with a broad brush."
i know.

"He posed a question: 'tell us what we can learn...' and my answer was that those accusations don't line up with my experience - an experience I doubt AvJoe has actually had, btw."
i have several years of the experience that is joe. he is a vicious, small minded pathetic little man. I concede the point, answer him however you want. Won't matter anyway and this exchange between you and I was forced just because i wanted a debate with a reasonable person. Not the lunatics still left in this asylum of a forum.

We will have other opportunities to debate, if you don't run screaming in a few weeks.

s
Democracy Advocate

Moves
43d

@rajk999 said
I keep telling you that its not about your experience, or mine. Dont personalise this discussion. Also you keep asking me about my experience with Muslims. Even that is of no relevance.
I don't think I believe you. I think you are highly emotionally invested in this topic, and I think you want us all to know that.

We know that.

What we don't know is WHY you are so emotionally tied to your narrative. You will ignore 5 other threads to make 6 comments about Israel. You like to get the 'last word in' on any Palestinian thread. You've adopted a furious anti-Islam stance.

Most people only feel that strongly about things due to an experience, as Joseph Campbell would call it, "the wound of my passion."

Care to share?

We can start easier, if you like. Why 'Kali'?

s
Democracy Advocate

Moves
43d

@zahlanzi said
We will have other opportunities to debate, if you don't run screaming in a few weeks.
I look forward to it!

But ... there is a countdown... 🙁

Lake Como

Moves
43d

@suzianne said
America is perfectly capable of paying for secondary education, if only we'd stop making nuclear weapons.

That one thing would improve the quality of life for ALL Americans. So please, STFU about it.
You suggest that we don’t make weapons while other countries do?
Suzianne? Give us a thoughtful explanation of the end game with THAT one. Whew.