RHP Supreme Court

RHP Supreme Court

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Civis Americanus Sum

New York

Moves
11 Oct 10
1 edit

Originally posted by Teinosuke
Thanks for the nomination, generalissimo; if I hadn't already declared myself President I'd be delighted to serve on your supreme court! Although wajoma and I might waste a fair bit of time shouting at each other across the benches.

And yes, if I were persuaded that I should resign my high office, sh76 would make a fine President, although perhaps we'd ...[text shortened]... the best RHP President in the sense of being "a uniter, not a divider" would be melanerpes.
In all honesty, Mel would probably be a better fit than I due to his lack of partisanship; but of course, that very factor means he'd never win the primary! 😉

My tripartisan Court, putting aside myself for the moment:

Lean right:

Spruce112358
Sleepyguy
Generalissimo

Middle:

Melanerpes
Teinosuke
Palynka (yes, even though we got into a bit of a scuffle last week)

Left:

KazetNagorra
No1marauder (he should be good for a few entertaining scathing dissents, anyway)
Rwingett

If Telerion or FMF ever come back, they deserve seats too. There are also plenty more that I didn't mention (and I apologize to those I left out) who also deserve seats, but hey, there's only nine available.

JB

Moves
11 Oct 10

Originally posted by no1marauder
bbarr is the obvious choice.
Is he your twin brother?

JB

Moves
11 Oct 10

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
Here's my list.

CHIEF prn (drafted against his will) or bbarr

OTHERS no1, generalissimo, terrierjack, melenarpes, sh76, rwingett, usaparatrooper, Bosse de Nage

Honorable mention: FMF - but he'd just filibuster everything and troll the other judges for fun.

EDIT

teinosuke, DRkf, kmax87

Good choices G.
But DrKF, FMF, and FabF are members of the trio in F major and would have to be nominated as a team: God forbid.

silicon valley

Moves
12 Oct 10

Originally posted by Teinosuke
If I were President of RHP (and I admit that no one's elected or even proposed me yet), then I'd nominate to the supreme court (in alphabetical order) FMF, generalissimo, KazetNagorra, melanerpes, no1marauder, palynka, sh76, A Thousand Young and twhitehead. These are all posters who seem to think before they write and are amenable to evidence, which seems ...[text shortened]... lebots and whodeys of this world will do the best to derail the confirmation process anyway.
you're just ASKIN' for a filibuster!

Blade Runner

Republicants

Moves
12 Oct 10

Originally posted by zeeblebot
me, I always thought a philly buster was a humungous cream cheese sandwich that would keep you all blocked up for a day or two.........

g

Pepperland

Moves
12 Oct 10

Originally posted by sh76
In all honesty, Mel would probably be a better fit than I due to his lack of partisanship; but of course, that very factor means he'd never win the primary! 😉

Lean right:

Spruce112358
Sleepyguy
Generalissimo

Middle:

Melanerpes
Teinosuke
Palynka (yes, even though we got into a bit of ...[text shortened]... apologize to those I left out) who also deserve seats, but hey, there's only nine available.
Wouldn't you consider including whodey, considering he represents the ignorant masses? Surely you wouldn't him and others grumbling about the elitism of the Court. 😉

Moves
12 Oct 10

Originally posted by Sartor Resartus

FMF thinks he knows everything, having 'travelled the world, man'
through travel we learn.

s
Democracy Advocate

Moves
12 Oct 10

Originally posted by sh76

Lean right:

Spruce112358
Sleepyguy
Generalissimo

Middle:

Melanerpes
Teinosuke
Palynka (yes, even though we got into a bit of ...[text shortened]... apologize to those I left out) who also deserve seats, but hey, there's only nine available.
So...first case.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
12 Oct 10

Originally posted by spruce112358
So...first case.
I accuse all of you of being TRAITORS!!!

Chief Justice

Center of Contention

Moves
12 Oct 10

Originally posted by no1marauder
bbarr is the obvious choice.
I humbly accept.

g

Pepperland

Moves
12 Oct 10

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
I accuse all of you of being TRAITORS!!!
you have no say on the affairs of this revolutionary court, loyalist!

paredon!

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
12 Oct 10

Originally posted by generalissimo
you have no say on the affairs of this revolutionary court, loyalist!

paredon!
The Mod-Coats are coming, you better watch out!

c

Russ's Pocket

Moves
12 Oct 10

I'm finding it interesting that both sides want a somewhat neutral court. I suppose it stems from fear of courts gone wild and justices being able to sit basically forever.

T

Moves
12 Oct 10

Originally posted by zeeblebot
Bring it on!

L

Moves
12 Oct 10
1 edit

1) 1800+ rating (no idiots like a mod)

2) Been a resident for a long period of time (I change my undies once a day not my life)

3) More