RHP Supreme Court

RHP Supreme Court

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SR

Moves
12 Oct 10

Originally posted by bbarr
I humbly accept.
'Humbly' O holy one? More likely, bumbly.

Chief Justice

Center of Contention

Moves
12 Oct 10

Originally posted by Sartor Resartus
'Humbly' O holy one? More likely, bumbly.
Thanks for reminding me to change my forum title. Cheers!

Moves
13 Oct 10

Originally posted by Lifehouse
1) 1800+ rating (no idiots like a mod)

2) Been a resident for a long period of time (I change my undies once a day not my life)

3) More
1800+ rated guys are the biggest idiots of all...

u
The So Fist

Voice of Reason

Moves
13 Oct 10

Surely by now i've offended everyone in this forum, making me the text book independant

Blade Runner

Republicants

Moves
13 Oct 10

Originally posted by uzless
Surely by now i've offended everyone in this forum, making me the text book independant
you're only somebody on this forum when FMF ignores you.

L

Moves
13 Oct 10

Originally posted by trev33
1800+ rated guys are the biggest idiots of all...
I don't think so and besides it also exterminates all the fat people who love to eat and eat and eat and eat till there is nothing left but their big pile of crap.

g

Pepperland

Moves
13 Oct 10

Originally posted by Lifehouse
I don't think so and besides it also exterminates all the fat people who love to eat and eat and eat and eat till there is nothing left but their big pile of crap.
what an extraordinary non-sequitur.

g

Pepperland

Moves
13 Oct 10

Should there be an election to elect the members of the court?

Chief Justice

Center of Contention

Moves
13 Oct 10

Originally posted by generalissimo
Should there be an election to elect the members of the court?
I prefer the current process of nomination and acceptance. But I'm willing to hear arguments in favor of electing some colleagues.

g

Pepperland

Moves
13 Oct 10
1 edit

I prefer the current process of nomination and acceptance. But I'm willing to hear arguments in favor of electing some colleagues.
Well, that is for all intents and purposes the equivalent of an election is it not?

edit: have we already decided on who should definately be part of the court?

Civis Americanus Sum

New York

Moves
13 Oct 10

Originally posted by generalissimo
Well, that is for all intents and purposes the equivalent of an election is it not?

edit: have we already decided on who should definately be part of the court?
I think perhaps we might want to consider what this court's function will be (if any) before we worry so much about who's on it. 😉

T

Moves
13 Oct 10

Originally posted by sh76
I think perhaps we might want to consider what this court's function will be (if any) before we worry so much about who's on it. 😉
Who are you to spoil our fun? The voice of reason or something?

Chief Justice

Center of Contention

Moves
13 Oct 10

Originally posted by sh76
Overruled! The function of the court is to render judgments on seemingly intractable arguments here in the fora. We'll hear the arguments, ask pointed questions, and decide cases on their merits. Those merits will include things like internal consistency, correspondence with known fact and available evidence, coherence with widely shared normative standards, etc. To prevent judicial tyranny, I'll need colleagues from across the ideological spectrum...

It is up to you to find them...

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
13 Oct 10

Overruled! The function of the court is to render judgments on seemingly intractable arguments here in the fora. We'll hear the arguments, ask pointed questions, and decide cases on their merits. Those merits will include things like internal consistency, correspondence with known fact and available evidence, coherence with widely shared normative standards ...[text shortened]... l need colleagues from across the ideological spectrum...

It is up to you to find them...
Is it time for a revolution yet? Did I miss my cue?

Chief Justice

Center of Contention

Moves
14 Oct 10

Originally posted by rwingett
Is it time for a revolution yet? Did I miss my cue?
It will be days yet before you're needed for the inevitable bloodshed. There is no escape from the materialist conception of history.