Squatters can legally take over your home

Squatters can legally take over your home

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
45d

@sonhouse said
@AverageJoe1
I don't like squatters, and if by some miraculous lottery win I DID own second properties, and it was vacant I would put in camera's and signs everywhere and visit the place every day and if squatters tried to take over, I would teargas those Muther fukkers.
Just call the cops. You need to leave the place vacant for years for this problem to occur.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
45d

@averagejoe1 said
Thankyou, Sonhouse, No one listens to me. See if they will read this.

https://dallasexpress.com/national/video-ny-homeowner-arrested-for-evicting-squatter/

For the record, before you all get too far afield, adverse possession has to do with a person who overtly uses the property of another for about 20 years,,,,,,and can at that time claim TITLE to it. This discussion is not about title.
This is what is written in the link you provided in the OP:

Venezuelan national Leonel Moreno, who appears to live in a suburb of Columbus, Ohio, said in a recent video that under US law, “if a house is not inhabited, we can seize it.”

He appeared to be referring to adverse possession laws, commonly known as squatter’s rights, which allow unlawful property occupants rights over the property they occupy without the owner’s consent, in certain circumstances.

If this isn’t about Adverse Possession why did you link this article about Adverse Possession?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
45d

@AThousandYoung
Like it will ever happen to me🙂

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
45d

@sonhouse said
@AThousandYoung
I'm sure if you had a second property you would put some desperate family members in there. You don't strike me as the type to leave property vacant.

Lake Como

Moves
44d

@athousandyoung said
This is what is written in the link you provided in the OP:

[quote]Venezuelan national Leonel Moreno, who appears to live in a suburb of Columbus, Ohio, said in a recent video that under US law, “if a house is not inhabited, we can seize it.”

He appeared to be referring to adverse possession laws, commonly known as squatter’s rights, which allow unlawful propert ...[text shortened]... e]

If this isn’t about Adverse Possession why did you link this article about Adverse Possession?
Obviously, To highlight how there are various ways for people to, indeed, have rights, as nefarious as they may seem, to take over someone's property legally, even to the extent that they could actually own it by their actions......legally.
Thanks for asking me a question, no one ever asks me questions. It is probably because they know that my answer will be inarguable,,,,,,,because I am logical.

Here is another report that you deniers might find interesting. Do y'all just have a knee jerk reaction to take the wrong side of everything?

This comes after Eyewitness News exclusively reported on a homeowner in Queens who was arrested for changing the locks on men she says are squatting in her home. We also reported weeks prior on another family in Douglaston who has been unable to move into a $2 million home they purchased due to a man who refuses to leave.

In New York, if you call the police on someone who moved into your home without permission, if they claim to be a tenant, they can't be arrested for trespassing. Instead, the owner has to take them to court to evict them. The average eviction in the city takes about two years to complete.

Lake Como

Moves
44d

@sonhouse said
@AThousandYoung
Again, Sonhouse, what in the hell does this mean? Get some coffee.

Moves
44d

Here's a "newcomer" advising everyone to take over people's homes, seems like a nice guy:

Lake Como

Moves
44d

@cliff-mashburn said
Here's a "newcomer" advising everyone to take over people's homes, seems like a nice guy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQ7FyoJ-rFo
Ask one of our liberals what they think about that, and they will not denounce it. And we communicate with these people. Brrrrrrr but we don’t have an establishment.

Moves
44d

@rajk999 said
That nonsense only happens in these so-called civilized advanced cultures like USA. Anyone hearing of that down in our primitive backward society will have a good laugh. Here the squatters will be beaten up and the police will pretend they see nothing.
That is starting to happen here also.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
44d

@AverageJoe1
Proving once again you need reading comprehension 101. It won't happen to me because I don't have the bucks to get a second property.
Krist, if you have to explain it.....

Lake Como

Moves
44d

@sonhouse said
@AverageJoe1
Proving once again you need reading comprehension 101. It won't happen to me because I don't have the bucks to get a second property.
Krist, if you have to explain it.....
To which of my posts do you reply, SHouse? do you know how to use the quote......oh, never mind, its useless, anyway.

Moves
44d
1 edit

@athousandyoung said
Just call the cops. You need to leave the place vacant for years for this problem to occur.
NO!
There are cases of people coming back from vacation or having it empty while they try to sell it for just a month or so and vagrants moving in and they can't get them out.
Police won't remove them until the person proves they own the property, which requires a judge to review their claim and issue an eviction notice. That can take months or longer.
Meanwhile the squatters destroy their property.

Lake Como

Moves
44d

@athousandyoung said
Calling the cops would not work, as illegal immigrants are being hired by Trump as policeman. They would know your house is empty, and…….move in!

Lake Como

Moves
44d

@cliff-mashburn said
NO!
There are cases of people coming back from vacation or having it empty while they try to sell it for just a month or so and vagrants moving in and they can't get them out.
Police won't remove them until the person proves they own the property, which requires a judge to review their claim and issue an eviction notice. That can take months or longer.
Meanwhile the squatters destroy their property.
Liberal answer, making you wonder why we debate with them?…..

“No to all the above.”

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
44d