1. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    25 Aug '16 22:24
    Originally posted by lemon lime
    [b]a madman who happened to be muslim did something horrible

A madman? Do you mean there is only one? Well, I sure hope we can stop him (or her) before he (or she) does any more damage.[/b]
    Oh, here comes the madness!!!

How many civilians have been killed in Europe by Muslim terrorists?

How many civilians in the Middle-East have been murdered by Western extremists (the US, the UK, France, etc.)?

You can't defecate on a region for hundreds of years and seriously expect your fan not to be poop-stained.
  2. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    25 Aug '16 22:25
    The intention of any well written Declaration is to be meaningful in a broad context, and to not be so specific that it essentially becomes meaningless in case of unforseeable events.

You are focusing in on a handful of words without considering the circumstances at hand. This may work very well for you when acting as a defense attorney, but consistent ...[text shortened]... sconnect dots (prosecuting attorneys typically work at connecting the dots) has its limitations.
    A Declaration of Rights that can be so easily circumvented would be a waste of time.

I'm tired of people personalizing issues on this Forum; respond to my points please without your idle speculation on what I do for a living.
  3. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    25 Aug '16 22:281 edit
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    A government can't really decide on this issue what is appropriate or not.
    France, for example, has banned all forms of religious attire in schools (head scarfs, rosary beads, David stars, etc.).

Well, that last one I'm speculating... Don't know if it's specifically mentioned or not.
    I'm aware of the schools law and consider it a violation of religious expression as well. As I recall, it has been so found by an international agency regarding the expulsion of a Sikh student for wearing a "mini-turban".

But this case is even worse; banning swimwear that is considered a religious expression is clearly intended to be used against only one particular religion.

EDIT: Re paragraph 1:

In 2012, the United Nations Human Rights Committee stated that the expulsion of a Sikh pupil from his school in 2008 because of his Sikh turban or keski was a violation of the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights signed by France

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_law_on_secularity_and_conspicuous_religious_symbols_in_schools

The decision is here:

http://unitedsikhs.org/rtt/doc/BikramjitSinghDecision.pdf
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Aug '16 22:332 edits

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

5. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    25 Aug '16 22:44
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Please stop trolling with your off-topic nonsense.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Aug '16 22:511 edit

7. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    25 Aug '16 23:02
    You and LemonLime need to be reminded that this thread isn't about me but about the French government's actions.

Your trolling regarding me is simple harassment having nothing to do with the subject of the thread.
  8. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    25 Aug '16 23:03
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    A Declaration of Rights that can be so easily circumvented would be a waste of time.

I'm tired of people personalizing issues on this Forum; respond to my points please without your idle speculation on what I do for a living.

From whose point of view is it being circumvented? I'm assuming this Declaration of Rights would apply to everyone, is this not so? If it applies to everyone then there is no excuse for ignoring the rights of anyone other than the people you claim are being treated unfairly.

I'm tired as well of watching you trying to twist any tiny point to your advantage, like a court appointed attorney who doesn't have a prayer of getting their client off the hook. So why do it? There's no reason to be doing this at an informal debate forum. If you want to flaunt your craft that's fine with me, but don't complain when someone spots what you're doing and calls you on it.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Aug '16 23:223 edits

10. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    25 Aug '16 23:27
    [b]A Declaration of Rights that can be so easily circumvented would be a waste of time.

From whose point of view is it being circumvented? I'm assuming this Declaration of Rights would apply to everyone, is this not so? If it applies to everyone then there is no excuse for ignoring the rights of anyone other than the people you claim are being trea ...[text shortened]... hat's fine with me, but don't complain when someone spots what you're doing and calls you on it.[/b]
    From any point of view that takes the words in it seriously. What "rights" of anyone else are offended by someone wearing a burkina or objects expressing a religious point of view?

Fine, you won't stop personalizing , so I'll just ignore that BS from now on.
  11. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    25 Aug '16 23:281 edit
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    You and LemonLime need to be reminded that this thread isn't about me but about the French government's actions.

Your trolling regarding me is simple harassment having nothing to do with the subject of the thread.
    Oh sure, drop my name into a message to the Duchess!
    I don't mind if her attention turns to me!
    Nope, I don't mind one little bit!
    And if you think for one moment I might be lying about this, then...

Well, then you would be correct!
  12. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    25 Aug '16 23:29
    Stop trying to hijack the thread; believe it or not, not everything on this Forum is all about you. You are blatantly trolling and violating the TOS (as you so often do).
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Aug '16 23:31

14. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Aug '16 23:341 edit

15. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Aug '16 23:37

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree