1. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    25 Aug '16 23:41
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    From any point of view that takes the words in it seriously. What "rights" of anyone else are offended by someone wearing a burkina or objects expressing a religious point of view?

Fine, you won't stop personalizing , so I'll just ignore that BS from now on.
    I've already gone into some detail the reasons for this, but if you insist on ignoring my reasoning we could either start over or you could go back and re-read what I've already written...

pffft... yeah, like I'm willing to waste my time repeating myself.
  2. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    25 Aug '16 23:59
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    uh...

yeah, apparently...

not really, but apparently.

I think that covers all the bases
  3. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    26 Aug '16 00:00
    Originally posted by lemon lime
    I've already gone into some detail the reasons for this, but if you insist on ignoring my reasoning we could either start over [b]or you could go back and re-read what I've already written...

pffft... yeah, like I'm willing to waste my time repeating myself.[/b]
    What, you're sticking to the "bomb in the burkina" story?
  4. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    26 Aug '16 00:251 edit
    What, you're sticking to the "bomb in the burkina" story?
    No, you *******, I wasn't suggesting anyone was concealing a bomb. Are you really this dense, or are you still practicing some craft or skill I will respectfully avoid mentioning? One intended outcome of terrorist attacks is the fear it can create, or are you genuinely not aware of this?

Fine, I'll repeat part of what I've already said. I compared the reaction of people on a beach seeing someone covered in traditional Muslim (Islamic) garb to people seeing a man wearing a ski mask going into a jewelry store. No one would have any reason to feel alarmed (fear) if 1) there had never been a (local) terrorist attack and 2) no one had ever tried robbing a jewelry store wearing a ski mask.

Well guess what, genius? Here's a news flash for you, there have been terrorist attacks and men wearing ski masks have been known to rob jewelry stores.
  5. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    26 Aug '16 00:31
    No, you *******, I wasn't suggesting anyone was concealing a bomb. Are you really this dense, or are you still practicing some craft or skill I will respectfully avoid mentioning? One intended outcome of terrorist attacks is the fear it can create, or are you genuinely not aware of this?

Fine, I'll repeat part of what I've already said. I compared the ...[text shortened]... ] been terrorist attacks and men wearing ski masks [b]have
    been known to rob jewelry stores.[/b]
    Actually you did on p. 3:

LL: Now imagine someone wearing a bomb strapped to their body underneath traditional Muslim garb casually strolling along on a crowded beach...

I think I and others sufficiently dealt with that and the ski mask comparison on that page and the next.
  6. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    26 Aug '16 00:411 edit
    Actually you did on p. 3:

LL: Now imagine someone wearing a bomb strapped to their body underneath traditional Muslim garb casually strolling along on a crowded beach...

I think I and others sufficiently dealt with that and the ski mask comparison on that page and the next.
    Okay, fine. You've convinced me that you really are as dense as you appear to be.
    If someone (either intentionally or inadvertently) creates a false sense of fear or alarm, then according to you they have every right to do so.

If you see someone eyeballing your house while holding what looks like a lit stick of dynamite, if it turns out to be a fake stick of dynamite then that person has the right to be there... even if it means your wife and children are terrified at the sight of a man holding what looks like a stick of dynamite while eyeballing your house.
  7. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    26 Aug '16 01:11
    Okay, fine. You've convinced me that you really are as dense as you appear to be.
    If someone (either intentionally or inadvertently) creates a false sense of fear or alarm, then according to you they have every right to do so.

If you see someone eyeballing your house while holding what looks like a lit stick of dynamite, if it turns out to be a fake s ...[text shortened]... d at the sight of a man holding what looks like a stick of dynamite while eyeballing your house.
    So in your opinion wearing Muslim type clothing is the same as carrying around sticks of dynamite.

Got it.
  8. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    26 Aug '16 01:451 edit
    So in your opinion wearing Muslim type clothing is the same as carrying around sticks of dynamite.

Got it.
    The comparison is merely a matter of degree, in principle it's basically the same thing.

Almost any cock and bull story could get the faux dynamite holding buffoon off the hook, provided he could successfully employ your line of reasoning in a French court of law. I still have my doubts though, because it's possible a French court of law might interpret 'rights' differently than you.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Aug '16 02:27

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

10. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Aug '16 13:39
    France's highest court suspends burkini ban in test case!

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/aug/26/frances-highest-court-suspends-burkini-ban-in-test-case
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Aug '16 13:49
    Purdah is Persian/Hindi/Urdu and literally means curtain. I had noticed the trend among your Muslim women to wear rather skimpy shalwar kameez with low neck lines and transparent dupatta (head scarf) I actually quizzed one about it and she was rather insistent that despite its contemporary styling it was still a shalwar kameez. It looked more like a mini skirt with leggings to me, guess I am just a traditionalist and prefer the sari above all else, its modest, classical, tasteful and yet displays a ladies form exquisitely. Robbie Carrobie, fashion guru, signing out! 😵
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    26 Aug '16 13:528 edits
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    Obviously women should be able to wesr whatever the hell they like!

That being said, it can't be ignored that the burkini looks and sounds bloody stupid.

And then the arguments I have to listen to!
    It's against terrorism...
    Really? How many burkini wearing terrorists are really a bloody problem???

Or: are the police going stop nuns from going to ...[text shortened]... n full attire when it's 32 degrees!

Burkinis... Really!
    My beautiful Europe is going to pot.
    I think the burkini is an outrage and should be banned, aside from those who you really don't want to see in a bikini. Unsightly women should be forced to wear a burkini. A government agency should be created to assess who should be forced to wear the burkini and those pretty women who should be forced to wear a bikini. This should be done everywhere, not just the beach.

Laws should be altered accordingly. Violators should be subject to the death penalty.

Duchess, what do you think?
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Aug '16 19:541 edit

14. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Aug '16 19:56

15. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Aug '16 19:581 edit
    Its a typo, relax. It should read young Muslim women.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree