1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    24 Apr '24 00:29
    @Wajoma
    Tell me, is it a lie Trump threw plates of food at the wall in the WH, attested to by reliable witnesses?
    He is a ten yo boy disguised as an adult and has the attention span of a 4 yo and the morals of a snake.
    Or is it another lie he had a year long mistress, a playboy model and a short time with Stormy where they both got more than a hundred thou to shut up just before the election, that a lie?
  2. Joined
    30 Dec '04
    Moves
    24 Apr '24 02:43
    @spruce112358 said
    "Defeat is a very good thing to happen to an imperial power."

Intellectualist Videos - Official @Intellect_Vids
    Q: What would a defeated Russia look like?

Professor @TimothyDSnyder answers.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1782006388497011039
    And just who is going to defeat them? WWIII does not sound good to me. Peace and more peace
  3. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    24 Apr '24 04:49
    Well, I reckon a defeated Russia will look like the rest of the world: a post-nuclear wasteland.

I assume, nay, presume that if Russia is facing actual defeat they will go nuclear. And that will not end pretty for anybody.

Taking into account that they know why they lost in Afghanistan, and that the whole world is now bolstering Ukraine with money and weapons, it’s very easy for them to consider “the West” as one enemy.

And mixing that with not wanting to lose face, I can readily see them deploying nuclear weapons: “If we don’t get Ukraine, nobody does.”

And that sets off a whole nightmare scenario of treaties, triggers and egos.

Someone once said: “Never push a rat into a corner, they must always have a way out.”
    The same goes for bears.

But I don’t see much wisdom in the world at this moment in time; nobody there to see what is needed.

🍄‍🟫
  4. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    24 Apr '24 07:42
    @moonbus said
    Before you rejoice at the fall of a dictator, make sure that comes after him is not worse. Remember what came after Saddam Hussein?
    A desperate group of war lords sponsored by outside factions that were no threat to their regional neighbours
    I wouldn’t wish that for the Russian people but I believe whoever followed Putin would be looking for a reset with the west and its own people
  5. Standard memberspruce112358
    Democracy Advocate
    Moves
    24 Apr '24 10:03
    @boonon said
    And just who is going to defeat them?
    {Ukraine raises hand.}
  6. Standard memberspruce112358
    Democracy Advocate
    Moves
    24 Apr '24 10:34
    @moonbus said
    Before you rejoice at the fall of a dictator, make sure that comes after him is not worse. Remember what came after Saddam Hussein?
    Our post-dictatorship, state-building record has been uneven, that's for sure.
  7. Standard memberspruce112358
    Democracy Advocate
    Moves
    24 Apr '24 10:37
    @shavixmir said
    I assume, nay, presume that if Russia is facing actual defeat they will go nuclear.

“If we don’t get Ukraine, nobody does.”
    You aren't making much of an argument for nuclear non-proliferation.

Just the opposite, in fact.
  8. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    24 Apr '24 11:50
    @spruce112358 said
    You aren't making much of an argument for nuclear non-proliferation.

Just the opposite, in fact.
    Any rational person would never use nuclear weapons. Anybody who would use them is not rational, so it wouldn’t make a difference if they were the only ones with nukes or not.
    They’ll use them when cornered.

Just because Russia kills children (with nuclear weapons), doesn’t grant anybody the right to kill Russian children (with nuclear weapons). So, we can’t use nukes, even if Russia does.
    And if we do, the world ends.

Ergo: Oppenheimer created a monster.
  9. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    24 Apr '24 14:29
    @shavixmir said
    Any rational person would never use nuclear weapons. Anybody who would use them is not rational, so it wouldn’t make a difference if they were the only ones with nukes or not.
    They’ll use them when cornered.

Just because Russia kills children (with nuclear weapons), doesn’t grant anybody the right to kill Russian children (with nuclear weapons). So, we can’t use nukes, even if Russia does.
    And if we do, the world ends.

Ergo: Oppenheimer created a monster.
    But the nuclear deterrent is based on ambiguity regarding your potential response.
    I would definitely not leave Putin in any doubt about my willingness to kill Russian children because that would condemn my and millions of other children to death
  10. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    24 Apr '24 19:07
    @kevcvs57 said
    But the nuclear deterrent is based on ambiguity regarding your potential response.
    I would definitely not leave Putin in any doubt about my willingness to kill Russian children because that would condemn my and millions of other children to death
    You can’t kill Russian children just because Putin is willing to kill our children.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree