Confabulation without using an

Confabulation without using an " - "

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
26 Aug 15

Originally posted by Kewpie
Can anybody play in this sandpit?
Watch out for sand-flys!

F

Moves
29 Aug 15

Originally posted by wolfgang59
Watch out for sand-flys!
Arthropod phylum, in particular ~ out of all animals, and in fact all living organisms ~ can prompt humans to squirm and flinch a lot.

ook

hirsute rooster

Moves
29 Aug 15

Originally post*d by FMF
Talk about anything. But just don't apply or put to work our Roman script's 5th graphic symbol.

(Our OP subj*ct's 'rubric' and this first post comply).
I don't know what to do. You can post things, but you can't post just anything - is that right?
What do you omit - just drop the "popular" glyph?
Can you actually do that - for a full paragraph? No way!

Although - I know of a book: "A Void" by Mr Adair - the original author is from Paris I think. It was put into words of this, our own lingo by a bit of crafty work from Mr Adair (a translator). Truly a fascinating linguistic stunt.
You should look it up.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
29 Aug 15

Originally posted by orangutan
I don't know what to do. You can post things, but you can't post just anything - is that right?

Although - I know of a book: "A Void" by Mr Adair - the original author is from Paris I think. It was put into words of this, our own lingo by a bit o ...[text shortened]... ork from Mr Adair (a translator). Truly a fascinating linguistic stunt.
You should look it up.
Bravo!

F

Moves
29 Aug 15

Although - I know of a book: "A Void" by Mr Adair - the original author is from Paris I think. It was put into words of this, our own lingo by a bit o ...[text shortened]... ork from Mr Adair (a translator). Truly a fascinating linguistic stunt.
You should look it up.
Now this is just showing off, that's all!

But wait!

Oh no!

Say it ain't so.

Alas... which "popular glyph"? Which "original author" from Paris?

ook

hirsute rooster

Moves
30 Aug 15

Originally posted by FMF
Now this is just showing off, that's all!

But wait!

Oh no!

Say it ain't so.

Alas... which "popular glyph"? Which "original author" from Paris?
Showing off - moi?
No.

Sorry - I can't say who the original author was. The book is around I think, but I can't find it. My bad.
The glyph? Wasn't it midway of 'D' and 'F' - your ruling, you should know?

F

Moves
30 Aug 15
1 edit

Sorry - I can't say who the original author was.
That's right, you CAN'T say that! But it's not so much a situation in which you can't say it; it's this ~ you shouldn't say it! You oughtn't to say it! You mustn't say it!

Already mated

Omaha, Nebraska, USA

Moves
30 Aug 15

this simply cannot be done - you can try - but you cannot do it*

* civil disobedience is essential when injustice threatens the safety and stailbity of everyone

~too much?

F

Moves
30 Aug 15

Originally posted by coquette
this simply cannot be done - you can try - but you cannot do it*

* civil disobedience is essential when injustice threatens the safety and stailbity of everyone

~too much?
I am uttrly spchlss.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
30 Aug 15

Originally posted by FMF
I am uttrly spchlss.
sh is a rbl

ook

hirsute rooster

Moves
30 Aug 15

Originally posted by FMF
That's right, you CAN'T say that! But it's not so much a situation in which you [b]can't say it; it's this ~ you shouldn't say it! You oughtn't to say it! You mustn't say it![/b]
oops.
Not validating my own posts .. tsk tsk.

Still, what brought you to start this?
Tight linguistic constraints such as this can start you thinking hard about words and how to construct groups of words into satisfactory and valid forms - trying not to drop anything, but still dropping that most common thing.
I'm a fan.

Already mated

Omaha, Nebraska, USA

Moves
30 Aug 15

oops.
Not validating my own posts .. tsk tsk.

Tight linguistic constraints such as this can start you thinking hard about words and how to construct groups of words into satisfactory and valid forms - trying not to drop anything, but still dropping that most common thing.
I'm a fan.
Rock Star! *****

F

Moves
30 Aug 15

What brought this about was that famous and unusual book "Gadsby" which did this difficult thing throughout.

ook

hirsute rooster

Moves
31 Aug 15

Originally posted by FMF
What brought this about was that famous and unusual book "Gadsby" which did this difficult thing throughout.
That is most unusual.
I had in mind a contrasting book ("A Void" as said a bit ago).

Was that (your Gadsby) a first do you think?
How many also did try to drop things for a full books-worth?

Funny how things work out isn't it?

F

Moves
31 Aug 15

Funny how things work out isn't it?
Not only is it "funny", it's also triluminar ~ although this is an abstract utilization of this archaic word, obviously.

Why triluminar, you ask?

It is a brightly burning inspiration, it pays back our light but shining aspiration, and it fashions skillful and illuminating invention.

3 words with 'tails'... tion, tion, tion... or 'shun, shun, shun' ...words that sound similar to a corruption (of its actual sound) of this word: S ... H ... I ... N ... tailed with our taboo Roman script's fifth huruf as Malays say - that is to say 'a bright quality or shooting off rays of light'.

A light ~ two lights ~ an additional light (making 3): thus it is triluminar.