Confessional

Confessional

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Already mated

Omaha, Nebraska, USA

Moves
20 Aug 15

I'll be the first to confess. I enter hardcore grand tournaments just to make a lot of moves. These turn my games into total useless random messes. I can't help myself. I don't have the character it takes to strive for excellent chess or use engines to get better results. I just settle for quantity over the esteem of a marginally higher rating.

I feel much better now. My spirit is cleansed.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
20 Aug 15
1 edit

Originally posted by coquette
I'll be the first to confess. I enter hardcore grand tournaments just to make a lot of moves. These turn my games into total useless random messes. I can't help myself. I don't have the character it takes to strive for excellent chess or use engines to get better results. I just settle for quantity over the esteem of a marginally higher rating.

"The unexamined life is not worth living." ~Socrates He certainly doesn't mince words, does he. You're in good company, @coquette. "Joined RHP July 4, 2006 [nine years ago]. Highest rating Past 5 Years:1580; 1 Year: 1,528; 90 days: 1,461." Not too shabby as they say. "Total Games: 20,093." Wow! "Total Moves: 691,493." Double Wow! Only a few more to reach your personal goal of 1,000,000 +1. You have nothing to "confess" to anyone.

N

Moves
20 Aug 15

I don't have anything to confess in particular, but my conscience bothers me all the time. "Shouldn't you be doing more/caring more/working harder/standing up for some political doctrine or belief/being more chivalrous/being kinder?" it seems to say.

I wish I could send my conscience on a long, expenses-paid one-way trip to bother the really bad people instead of me. It just doesn't posess quite the good manners, education, and ability to deal in facts needed to engage me in productive dialogue.

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
20 Aug 15

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
20 Aug 15

The post that was quoted here has been removed
drewnogal, pleases focus on your inner beauty which isn't subject to the ravages of the fleeting years on planet earth; just be you...........

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
07 Oct 15

Confession is only the first step.
repentence would be the second.
So do you cease to register for those tourneys?

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
07 Oct 15
3 edits

Confessional

Recently I dreamed of serendipitously meeting another Red Hot Pawn Member in the lobby of a hotel a thousand miles away from my home. We somehow recognized each other immediately and then our relaxed conversation began. Ten minutes later we agreed to meet in the lobby at 7:00pm for dinner at a nearby restaurant. During an excellent dinner we discussed world events, professional sports, literature, chess, these public forums and earlier times here until closing time when we exchanged home phone numbers before saying our good byes.

This dream is as vivid now as when I awakened that memorable morning a few days ago....

Über-Nerd

Moves
07 Oct 15

I confess to wearing loud shirts and groping for trout in strange brooks.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
07 Oct 15

Originally posted by moonbus
I confess to wearing loud shirts and groping for trout in strange brooks.
... rainbow trout?

Already mated

Omaha, Nebraska, USA

Moves
07 Oct 15

Originally posted by Ponderable
Confession is only the first step.
repentence would be the second.
So do you cease to register for those tourneys?
Nay, I still enter them and crash into a morass of stupid moves. I confess yet again, unrepentent, lacking remorse, devoid of character.

Über-Nerd

Moves
07 Oct 15

Nay, I still enter them and crash into a morass of stupid moves. I confess yet again, unrepentent, lacking remorse, devoid of character.
Oh well, look at it this way: it would be worse if you were in Cozad.

Moves
08 Oct 15

I confess that when some people I play chess against give me advice (concerning chess) I don't follow it.😲:'(😀

Infidel

Moves
08 Oct 15

I confess to peeing in the shower.

mafia chief

the safe house

Moves
08 Oct 15
1 edit

peeing in the shower is ( believe it or not ) the official government policy in Brazil ( in the interest of saving fresh water for drinking ), this policy was announced last year,

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
08 Oct 15

Fun experiment: try only moving your pieces to the left (unless illegal) and see if your rating goes down any.