1. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Feb '16 16:081 edit
    It has been alleged that I do not understand the use of poetic devices such as onomatopoeia. Let me assure my adversaries that I most certainly do understand the term. For example, sizzling sausages, bubbling brook, rustling leaves etc etc

Now to the point at hand, drool or dwool. With the inclusion of the r drool takes on a much more jagged and defined construct whereas substituting the w in dwool we have a construct that is much softer in the palate and thus more evocative of phlegm oozing from the side of someone Internet zombies quivering bottom lip.

These subtle differences need explanation for while dwool may not be entirely onomatopoetic, its certainly more fitting than drool with its hard edged construct.
  2. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    04 Feb '16 16:29
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    It has been alleged that I do not understand the use of poetic devices such as onomatopoeia. Let me assure my adversaries that I most certainly do understand the term. For example, sizzling sausages, bubbling brook, rustling leaves etc etc

Now to the point at hand, drool or dwool. With the inclusion of the r drool takes on a much more jagged a ...[text shortened]... be entirely onomatopoetic, its certainly more fitting than drool with its hard edged construct.
    Thank you Professor Drool.

Your leaves may not always rustle; your brook doesn't always bubble and your sausages seldom sizzle, but when it comes to drool sir, you never let us down.
  3. Mar-a-Lago
    Moves
    04 Feb '16 16:33

Now to the point at hand, drool or dwool. With the inclusion of the r drool takes on a much more jagged a ...[text shortened]... be entirely onomatopoetic, its certainly more fitting than drool with its hard edged construct.
    The lady doth protest too much.

MEOW
  4. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    04 Feb '16 17:17

Do you mean babbling brook?
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Feb '16 17:231 edit
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke

Your leaves may not always rustle; your brook doesn't always bubble and your sausages seldom sizzle, but when it comes to drool sir, you never let us down.
    My pleasure, I knew I could count on a fellow poet and existentialist philosopher like yourself to understand.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Feb '16 17:24
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    Do you mean babbling brook?
    babbling, yes that will do as well.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Feb '16 17:27
    Originally posted by Captain Strange
    The lady doth protest too much.

MEOW
    why you bad old puddy cat, im telling gwanny on you!
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Feb '16 18:003 edits
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke

I used to have my own fan club you know, top notch drool was served up every day, divesgeester used to be in it but I had to kick him for lack of appreciation. Its then he became and FMF flunkie and has never stopped flunking out since.
  9. Mar-a-Lago
    Moves
    04 Feb '16 18:15
    I used to have my own fan club you know, top notch drool was served up every day, divesgeester used to be in it but I had to kick him for lack of appreciation. Its then he became and FMF flunkie and has never stopped flunking out since.
    I used to have my own fan club.
    I ended up with more misfits than the third reich.
    I threw em all out.
    Heard they joined some quasi religious organisation.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Feb '16 18:21
    Originally posted by Captain Strange
    I used to have my own fan club.
    I ended up with more misfits than the third reich.
    I threw em all out.
    Heard they joined some quasi religious organisation.
    quasi religious organisation? Chealski football club?
  11. Mar-a-Lago
    Moves
    04 Feb '16 19:53
    quasi religious organisation? Chealski football club?
    LOL nice one
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    04 Feb '16 20:18

It might help you if you didn't post like a ten-year-old, taunting others in the schoollyard.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Feb '16 20:26
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    It might help you if you didn't post like a ten-year-old, taunting others in the schoollyard.
    Sorry no can do sour puss, i have a phobia of becoming mature and dour faced.
  14. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    04 Feb '16 20:42
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    But as taunting goes it's harmless enough. In contrast to some in the last 24 hours.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Feb '16 21:28
    Originally posted by Startreader
    But as taunting goes it's harmless enough. In contrast to some in the last 24 hours.
    As a matter of interest, what is it you think happened " in the last 24 hours"?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree