1. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Jul '16 13:33
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    There's absolutely nothing "quality" about dwool, or its user.
    Is that a truth claim or an opinion masquerading as fact?
  2. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    19 Jul '16 13:33
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Careful, your anxiety is showing.

Why not tell us all how "upset" you are? Get it off your chest, you know.

This is what some may call "hitting a nerve".

Personally, I'd rather have you swinging ineffectually at me than at an elderly man in the hospital whom you seem to think has some sort of hidden "agenda".

It's laughable, actually. ...[text shortened]... grow a pair and actually ban me. Like others who have had the "bad taste" to disagree with you.
    You guys remind me of a couple who are going through a really "nasty" divorce. I'm available to arbitrate.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Jul '16 01:06
    Personally, I'd rather have you swinging ineffectually at me than at an elderly man in the hospital whom you seem to think has some sort of hidden "agenda".
    How have I been "swinging" at "an elderly man in the hospital"? Which posts of mine are you referring to?
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Jul '16 01:07
    It's laughable, actually. Maybe you could grow a pair and actually ban me. Like others who have had the "bad taste" to disagree with you.
    How would I "ban" you? What "others"?
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    20 Jul '16 01:46
    Originally posted by FMF
    How have I been "swinging" at "an elderly man in the hospital"? Which posts of mine are you referring to?
    "What?"
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    20 Jul '16 01:491 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    How would I "ban" you? What "others"?
    "What?"

Don't "get it"? Don't worry, you're so out of touch that I'm surprised you understand anybody. Ask your pal divegeester.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Jul '16 01:49
    "What?"
    You have said several times that I have been attacking Grampy Bobby on the thread about his health when it simply isn't true. If you think it's true, why not just say which posts you are referring to.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Jul '16 01:51
    Don't "get it"? Don't worry, you're so out of touch that I'm surpised you understand anybody. Ask your pal divegeester.
    You said: "Maybe you could grow a pair and actually ban me. Like others who have had the "bad taste" to disagree with you." How would I be able to "ban" you, Suzianne? I am not a Moderator.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Jul '16 01:56
    It's laughable, actually. Maybe you could grow a pair and actually ban me. Like others who have had the "bad taste" to disagree with you.
    Who are these "others" you think I have banned from the forums for disagreeing with me? Name names.
  10. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    20 Jul '16 08:04
    FMF, I think I may have figured out the "new job" thing. Back in the day you said you were considering applying to become a moderator. Somebody's picked that up and made an assumption that you have actually become a moderator. Which of course is absolute nonsense, Russ would never again appoint an active forum participant after past experiences showed how bad an idea that was. Still.
    Or, they assume you're a self-appointed unofficial moderator. Which is equally ridiculous, if you're self-appointed you don't have any power to remove/edit/ban anything or anyone.
    Or, they've put the two ideas into one tin and made a cake.
    I wouldn't want to try eating that one ... 🙂
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Jul '16 08:27
    FMF, I think I may have figured out the "new job" thing. Back in the day you said you were considering applying to become a moderator.
    Yes, I made some tongue in cheek comments to that effect [October or November last year? ... it was around the time of the cassaid4-RJHinds scandal, whenever that was], although I DID send a message to Russ offering to do it, but only so as to ensure my short-lived, tongue in cheek "campaign" (which enabled me to make a series of probably-not-particularly-funny satirical and self-deprecating remarks and observations about life on the forums) did not involve me lying about the 'application'.

My offer was acknowledged by Russ personally but he fobbed me off politely and I never heard from him again about it.

As I said at the time, I would have been willing to serve if called upon to do so and would have accepted the responsibility and acquitted myself seriously in the role as a way of giving something back after upwards of a decade of fun that I have had.

But ~ as I made perfectly clear at the time ~ if I had been appointed a Moderator, I would have stopped posting for the duration of my period in office. The fact that I am still posting as much as I ever have, and haven't bowed out, in and of itself, is pretty clear evidence that I am not a Moderator.
  12. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    20 Jul '16 19:081 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Yes, I made some tongue in cheek comments to that effect [October or November last year? ... it was around the time of the cassaid4-RJHinds scandal, whenever that was], although I DID send a message to Russ offering to do it, but only so as to ensure my short-lived, tongue in cheek "campaign" (which enabled me to make a series of probably-not-particularly-funny ...[text shortened]... ve, and haven't bowed out, in and of itself, is pretty clear evidence that I am not a Moderator.
    Sir,
    A smart move on Russ part if your story is true. You would be a very bias Mod indeed. Kewpie didn't you use to be a Mod yourself back some years ago, under a different name if I am not mistaken? Now, I really wondering about FMF!!!
    Kind Regards,
    Have a great day,
    Sincerely,
    -VR
  13. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    20 Jul '16 20:32
    There's absolutely nothing "quality" about dwool, or its user.
    Hi bud. Long time no see. Tell Whirlpool i said hi.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Jul '16 21:281 edit
    FMF, I think I may have figured out the "new job" thing. Back in the day you said you were considering applying to become a moderator. Somebody's picked that up and made an assumption that you have actually become a moderator. Which of course is absolute nonsense, Russ would never again appoint an active forum participant after past experiences showed how ...[text shortened]... ut the two ideas into one tin and made a cake.
    I wouldn't want to try eating that one ... 🙂
    quality dwool!😵
  15. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    20 Jul '16 22:571 edit
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    Sir,
    A smart move on Russ part if your story is true. You would be a very bias Mod indeed. Kewpie didn't you use to be a Mod yourself back some years ago, under a different name if I am not mistaken? Now, I really wondering about FMF!!!
    Kind Regards,
    Have a great day,
    Sincerely,
    -VR
    Yes I was, Rusty, that's how I know what I know about the workings of the mod system - as it was then (2008). Things are probably quite different now. 🙂

Hypothetical: if I was Fred Nerk and I wanted to hound someone in the real world, what would I do? Pick some minor accusation which could absolutely not be proved or disproved, embroider it a small amount and take it out into the public arena. Then I would add every word they said on that topic and start saying "there's no smoke without fire", pointing to my big pile of worthless data. Politicians and tabloid reporters have been doing this for decades, and it really works!

I frequently look at stuff I read, and then move my attention to the person telling the story or making the accusation. So often it turns out that the real dirt is there ...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree