1. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Jul '16 23:35
    Originally posted by FMF
    Perhaps it's just a subtle endorsement - and sliver of encouragement - in the midst of all the scathing paranoid daftness people like Suzianne, Very Rusty and josephw have been oozing these last few days? 😉
    I'm not convinced. You see....Russ is likely a very busy man. So much so, that he has not been able to make a chess move in over 13 days. He cannot even enjoy the game he loves, that game which is dear to his heart.......BUT....he can find the time to make a post in a 'certain someone's thread.
    Hmmmmm, what special person warrants such attention I wonder??
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Jul '16 23:40
    Originally posted by chaney3
    I agree. Russ usually posts only in site ideas, help forum, and announcements.
    To make a 'random' post in the GF, in FMF's thread.....at the height of the moderator conspiracy.....is...well, very very suspect.
    1st contributor as well.
    What conspiracy do you think there is?
  3. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    26 Jul '16 23:441 edit
    I agree. Russ usually posts only in site ideas, help forum, and announcements.
    To make a 'random' post in the GF, in FMF's thread.....at the height of the moderator conspiracy.....is...well, very very suspect.
    1st contributor as well.
    Sir,
    Yes, we are aware of that except for FMF it seems!! 😉 Oh, I forgot his tag along dive!

Kind Regards,
    Sincerely,
    -VR
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Jul '16 23:46
    I'm not convinced. You see....Russ is likely a very busy man. So much so, that he has not been able to make a chess move in over 13 days. He cannot even enjoy the game he loves, that game which is dear to his heart.......BUT....he can find the time to make a post in a 'certain someone's thread.
    Well, my answer to this repetition of your previous "gag" is the same as my previous answer to it.
  5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    26 Jul '16 23:512 edits
    Sir,
    This is true, although he does find the time to comment on FMF'S t.v. thread, interesting. No comment though on rather FMF is a Moderator. That would put the subject to bed so to speak.

Kind Regards,
    Sincerely,
    -VR
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Jul '16 23:54
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    Sir,
    This true, although he does find the time to comment on FMF'S t.v. thread, interesting. No comment though on rather FMF is a Moderator. That would put the subject to bed so to speak.

Kind Regards,
    Sincerely,
    -VR
    If FMF was a moderator, what would you do?
  7. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    26 Jul '16 23:561 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    If FMF was a moderator, what would you do?
    Sir,
    Please stop talking your drivel. I would say thank you in advance, but I believe you will continue with it.

Kind Regards,
    Sincerely,
    -VR
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Jul '16 23:581 edit
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    Sir,
    Please stop talking your drivel.

Kind Regards,
    Sincerely,
    -VR
    But isn't this what you keep going on about? FMF being a moderator 😕
  9. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    27 Jul '16 08:34
    Well that went OT quickly.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Jul '16 09:07
    Originally posted by Russ
    Well that went OT quickly.
    You and me, though, Russ. you and me. We held it together for the first 13% or so of page 1. 😵
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Jul '16 09:29
    DCI Banks series 1 and 2 - old now - UK police POV procedural, superior stuff

Veep series 5 was brilliant, a 6th one in the works

The.Detour - 'family' comedy for weary/rueful parents perhaps - had a promising episode 1 but whoever was uploading it to the site where I get stuff apparently lost interest.

The.Secret.(2016) with James Nesbitt (of the excellent The Missing), I have high hopes for this but haven't got to it yet.

Time.Traveling.Bong - ditzy sci-fi/time travel comedy - pretty rude and raucous, but interesting - only three episodes which was maybe wise.

Upstart.Crow. BBC comedy, Black Adder-like take on the life of a grumpy Shakespeare, didn't like it at ALL at first but persevered and I found it quite clever in an old school UK sitcom kind of way.
  12. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    27 Jul '16 10:53
    Originally posted by FMF
    "19-2" Canadian cops on the beat (and bit of police politics) drama. Now in its third series. Strikes me as above average, but may well not be. Hard to say.

Mr.Robot. hackers/cyberspace thriller - now starting its second series - enjoyed the weirdness and mystery of the series 1 enormously.

Preacher - gritty, comedy, thriller with some sort of supernatural ...[text shortened]... cop - enjoyed 1st series, 2nd one just kicked off.

Any thoughts on these or any other series?
    I've seen TV. I like it out here in the real world.

You must be independently wealthy with too much time on your hands. Just sayin'. Do you actually watch that much TV?
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Jul '16 10:56
    Originally posted by josephw
    I've seen TV. I like it out here in the real world.

You must be independently wealthy with too much time on your hands. Just sayin'. Do you actually watch that much TV?
    If you have any comments on the TV shows mentioned or would like to mention any other shows - in keeping with the thread topic - that'd be good. 🙂
  14. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    27 Jul '16 11:58
    Originally posted by FMF
    If you have any comments on the TV shows mentioned or would like to mention any other shows - in keeping with the thread topic - that'd be good. 🙂
    Why would that be good? Because it's your thread, so staying on topic is now important? If the shoe fits wear it.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Jul '16 12:01
    Originally posted by josephw
    Why would that be good? Because it's your thread, so staying on topic is now important? If the shoe fits wear it.
    The "shoe" is 'Good TV at the moment'.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree