Good TV at the moment

Good TV at the moment

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
31 Jul 16

I kind of liked The X Files way back in the day. But I balked at the latest (reunion) series about half way through episode 1. It was unbelievably stiff and self-conscious. Did it get any better?

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
31 Jul 16

TV is for people that need to augment their life because it's dull and lacks authenticity.

Hey! It's just my opinion. 😉

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
31 Jul 16

Originally posted by FMF
I kind of liked The X Files way back in the day. But I balked at the latest (reunion) series about half way through episode 1. It was unbelievably stiff and self-conscious. Did it get any better?
No sir, it got far worse. (I made it as far as the 3rd or 4th episode when things descended into farce).

F

Moves
02 Aug 16

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
No sir, it got far worse. (I made it as far as the 3rd or 4th episode when things descended into farce).
Talking of David Duchovny (as it were), I have quite enjoyed Aquarius which has now embarked on its second series.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
02 Aug 16

Originally posted by FMF
Sir,
Something we finally agree on. I enjoyed the X files. I didn't care for the (reunion) series either. It just wasn't the same.

Kind Regards,
As Always,
Sincerely,
-VR

F

Moves
28 Aug 16
2 edits

I enjoyed Feed The Beast with David Schwimmer opening a gourmet restaurant in the Bronx. I was then surprised to find that many critics had panned it. I thought it was OK.

Fleabag was funny and observant. It is, according to wiki "...a British 6 part comedy television series set in London. ... Phoebe Waller-Bridge writes and stars as the main character, Fleabag, a young woman attempting to navigate modern life in London ... it was adapted from her 2013 Edinburgh play of the same name which won the Fringe First Award." Very British (I'd say), and quite adult-themed and raunchy in places.

Dark Matter (series 2) seemed a bit convoluted at the start and I suspected I was going to abandon it but it's turned out pretty good. It's a kind of anti-Star Trek with the ship and crew being a bunch of dangerous renegades with no memory of their past crimes.

Tyrant (series 3) Oh dear. Series 1 was excellent (and measured up against Homeland, made by the same people). Series 2 seemed unwise after the great compact 10 episode story in series 1 - but it worked out OK - it still had the compelling Ashraf Barhom in it. Series 3 is high gloss paint-by-numbers soap and really poor. Clearest example of a series gone bad that I can remember recently.