1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    30 Sep '15 13:292 edits
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Yes, it is; she disclosed a few of the details of her reasons for leaving during our conversational chess game which I resigned out of deference to her status on "18 Oct '09 17:21". Mathurine was not only exceptionally intelligent but also had an exquisite sense of humour. I think of her still.......
  2. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    30 Sep '15 13:30
    Originally posted by FMF
    Which active site member or members should receive a forum ban, according to you, and for how long?
    Suggest you ask Russ.
  3. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    30 Sep '15 13:32
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Like if a person is banned totally, you get a message if you go to that person's profile. Is there any indication of a forum ban or do you just notice that person not posting?
    Yeah you can tell...they shut the hell up for a while. It's a dead giveaway.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Sep '15 13:37
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Suggest you ask Russ.
    I am asking you, not Russ. It was a question you asked all of us - on page 4 of this thread. I am curious as to how you'd answer the question yourself.
  5. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    30 Sep '15 16:291 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    i am asking you, not Russ. It was a question you asked all of us - on page 4 of this thread. I am curious as to how you'd answer the question yourself.
    Originally posted by FMF
    "I am asking you, not Russ. It was a question you asked all of us - on page 4 of this thread. I am curious as to how you'd answer the question yourself."

Footnote; This thread is still on page 2.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Sep '15 16:37
    Footnote; This thread is still on page 2.
    Apologies. I meant page 4 of Thread 165703.

So, which active site member or members should receive a forum ban, according to you, and for how long?
  7. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    30 Sep '15 16:53
    Originally posted by FMF
    Apologies. I meant page 4 of Thread 165703.

So, which active site member or members should receive a forum ban, according to you, and for how long?
    Only myself. Why? For having posted contrarian points of view since July, 2007, which became disruptive because many other posters disagreed with and/or were threatened by them. For how long? A lifetime forum ban (without the least explanation from Russ or his admin staff). Period.
  8. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    30 Sep '15 17:20
    Originally posted by huckleberryhound
    Yeah you can tell...they shut the hell up for a while. It's a dead giveaway.
    Not always the case...They may have just got tired of the repetition and B.S.

-VR
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Sep '15 21:12
    Only myself. Why? For having posted contrarian points of view since July, 2007, which became disruptive because many other posters disagreed with and/or were threatened by them. For how long? A lifetime forum ban (without the least explanation from Russ or his admin staff). Period.
    Something tells me that this was exactly what you were itching to say on that other thread when you asked everybody who'd they ban if they could? I thought so at the time. But nobody nominated you. And now, lo and behold, you have. 😉
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    02 Oct '15 12:11
    Originally posted by FMF
    Something tells me that this was exactly what you were itching to say on that other thread when you asked everybody who'd they ban if they could? I thought so at the time. But nobody nominated you. And now, lo and behold, you have. 😉
    Are you happy now?
  11. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    02 Oct '15 22:56
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Are you happy now?
    Thanks, Mon frère.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree