"Internet Trolls..."

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
03 Dec 15

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
Cool.

Note: Perhaps wait until the orangutan thread runs its course and disappears from page one. This is December; Christmas is on the minds of many families.
I think if I was going to do it, I'd rather choose my own timing. You could of course preempt me and start it yourself.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
03 Dec 15

Originally posted by divegeester
I think if I was going to do it, I'd rather choose my own timing. You could of course preempt me and start it yourself.
My sole motive was to hopefully avoid another thread focused on yours truly. Of course its timing is your decision. Thanks for posting your gift to robbie.

Doug Stanhope

That's Why I Drink

Moves
03 Dec 15

Whoa re you kidding, pervert? You love the attention.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
03 Dec 15

My sole motive was to hopefully avoid another thread focused on yours truly.
What! Come again...?

Everything you post is about focusing attention on you.

😵

Moves
03 Dec 15
1 edit

Originally posted by Startreader
one of the nicest, kindest and most unfailingly courteous participants here.

You're daft.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
04 Dec 15

Originally posted by divegeester
What! Come again...?

Everything you post is about focusing attention on you.

😵
"People who judge others tell more about Who They Are, than Who They Judge.” ~Donald L. Hicks (Look into the stillness)

F

Moves
04 Dec 15

"People who judge others tell more about Who They Are, than Who They Judge.” ~Donald L. Hicks (Look into the stillness)
No one here at RHP starts as many threads with the purpose of judging others as you do, Grampy Bobby.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
04 Dec 15

I'm nobody! Who are you?
Are you nobody, too?
Then there's a pair of us -- don't tell!
They'd banish -- you know!

How dreary to be somebody!
How public like a frog
To tell one's name the livelong day
To an admiring bog!

Emily Dickinson

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
05 Dec 15

"Trolling Overview: What’s an internet troll?

Internet trolls usually aim to disrupt normal online activities by a persistent series of insulting or aggressive posts and messages. These inflammatory comments usually have no substance but often include cruel and destructive attacks on someone's physical appearance or personality, with the aim of making the target believe them. Trolls rely on anonymity and deception and sometimes use grossly embarrassing and altered photos to humiliate their target. They get an emotional payoff from those who respond to their posts or messages. Get more information about the definition of trolling..." http://www.knowthenet.org.uk/knowledge-centre/trolling

F

Moves
05 Dec 15

[b]"Trolling Overview: What’s an internet troll?

Internet trolls usually aim to disrupt normal online activities by a persistent series of insulting or aggressive posts and messages. These inflammatory comments usually have no substance but often include cruel and destructive attacks on someone's physical appearance or [i]personalit ...[text shortened]... tion about the definition of trolling..." http://www.knowthenet.org.uk/knowledge-centre/trolling[/b]
I have no idea what emotional payoff you get from it, Grampy Bobby, but no one starts as many threads on this forum with the undisguised purpose of criticizing the personalities of fellow posters as you do. No one.

Doug Stanhope

That's Why I Drink

Moves
05 Dec 15

Originally posted by FMF
what emotional payoff you get from it
He gets sexually aroused from it.

Mar-a-Lago

Moves
05 Dec 15

Where Grampy is detained they are trialing limited interweb access.
Chess sites, stamp collecting,bee keeping, quilting, you get the idea.

What harm can it do they said ......................................

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
07 Dec 15

INTERNET TROLLS ARE NARCISSISTS, PSYCHOPATHS, AND SADISTS
Jennifer Golbeck Ph.D. Your Online Secrets (Posted Sep 18, 2014)

"Trolls will lie, exaggerate, and offend to get a response.

In this month's issue of Personality and Individual Differences, a study was published(link is external) that confirms what we all suspected: Internet trolls are horrible people.

Let's start by getting our definitions straight: An Internet troll is someone who comes into a discussion and posts comments designed to upset or disrupt the conversation. Often, in fact, it seems like there is no real purpose behind their comments except to upset everyone else involved. Trolls will lie, exaggerate, and offend to get a response.

What kind of person would do this? Some Canadian researchers decided to find out.

They conducted two online studies with over 1,200 people, giving personality tests to each subject along with a survey about their Internet commenting behavior. They were looking for evidence that linked trolling with the "Dark Tetrad" of personality traits: narcissism, Machiavellianism, psychopathy, and sadism.

They found that Dark Tetrad scores were highest among people who said trolling was their favorite Internet activity. To get an idea of how much more prevalent these traits were among Internet trolls, see this figure from the paper:

Look at how low the Dark Tetrad scores are for everyone except the trolls! Their scores for all four traits soar on the chart. The relationship between trolling and the Dark Tetrad is so significant that the authors write in their paper:

"... the associations between sadism and GAIT (Global Assessment of Internet Trolling) scores were so strong that it might be said that online trolls are prototypical everyday sadists."

Trolls truly enjoy making you feel bad. To quote the authors once more (because this is a truly quotable article): "Both trolls and sadists feel sadistic glee at the distress of others. Sadists just want to have fun ... and the Internet is their playground!"

The next time you encounter a troll online, remember:

1.These trolls are some truly difficult people.
2.It is your suffering that brings them pleasure, so the best thing you can do is ignore them."

References: Buckels, Erin E., Paul D. Trapnell, and Delroy L. Paulhus. "Trolls just want to have fun." Personality and Individual Differences67 (2014): 97-102.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/your-online-secrets/201409/internet-trolls-are-narcissists-psychopaths-and-sadists

Question: Is the population of Red Hot Pawn free of internet trolls or are there a few in our midst?

Mar-a-Lago

Moves
07 Dec 15

Latest news:

Trolls shown to be unpleasant people.
Pope is a catholic.
Bear seen defecating in woods.

Stay tuned for more amazing revelations !!!

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
07 Dec 15
2 edits

I'm probably the biggest troll here and this thread is all about promoting my own forum persona while blaming others for doing exactly what do I every day.
Well said GB.