1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Oct '16 14:53
    Are there any jobs that you almost had, or wished you'd had, or once planned to have, or would have (if you could start over)? I'd be more interested in kinds of ordinary jobs and careers that wouldn't have needed some extravagant talent or fortuitous circumstances, rather than pipe dreams or fantasies.
  2. Gothenburg
    Moves
    18 Oct '16 15:03
    Midwife, with the right education.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    18 Oct '16 15:19
    Originally posted by FMF
    Are there any jobs that you almost had, or wished you'd had, or once planned to have, or would have (if you could start over)? I'd be more interested in kinds of ordinary jobs and careers that wouldn't have needed some extravagant talent or fortuitous circumstances, rather than pipe dreams or fantasies.
    At Goddard Space Flight center, I was working Apollo Tracking and timing till Nixon cut us off. That would have been nice to have continued along that path.

Also at Goddard, I was working for a while with a brilliant engineer who invented a way to use an electron microscope to read what it was seeing besides just an magnified view, like it would brighten up when tuned to read iron or aluminum or silicon, you tuned it for a particular AMU. Now that technology is old hat, most electron microscopes can do that and more but back in 1970, it was beyond state of the art, there was exactly one on the entire planet and I helped on it for a while. The guy wanted to hire me as a technician specifically for that project but got his budget cut by 20,000 bucks which would have been my salary and I lost out on a new technology. That bummed me out.

Later I took my CV stuff, Apollo training papers and such and applied for work at Goldstone space tracking network out in the desert east of LA, WAY east๐Ÿ™‚

I was offered a job there. I had a problem though, I brought my gf with and I am running around the desert like a gazelle taking macro photos of these extremely tiny flower beds and having a great time.

GF is in car, I go back she says with clenched teeth, WE GODDA GET OUT OF HERE,

I go why, that's when I found out she had agoraphobia, fear of open spaces. SHYTE.

So being a romantic idiot, I turned down the job, took GF back to venice Beach where we lived ATT and went on with my life.

Another stupid decision as it turned out. Besides Agoraphobia, she was also a klepto, loved to take stuff from stores. I found out later she was part of a gang in NYC where a group of them would come into a store and one person causes a huge scene over something or other while the clerks had eyes on that person, the rest were filching jewelry, watches, anything small and valuable, then out the door and then the horrible scene ended for some reason and the gang was gone with a few thousand in valuables.

So I ended up dumping her. I should have dumped her in the desert.....
  4. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    18 Oct '16 15:54
    No.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Oct '16 16:10
    Originally posted by Trev33
    No.
    You could have worked for Ian Paisley?
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Oct '16 18:13
    Originally posted by FMF
    Pilot.
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    18 Oct '16 18:381 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Pilot.
    So you being Christian, that must have been Pontious pilot, eh๐Ÿ™‚
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Oct '16 18:43
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    So you being Christian, that must have been Pontious pilot, eh๐Ÿ™‚
    Well Pilate was a Roman pagan.
  9. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    18 Oct '16 18:50
    Originally posted by FMF
    He died a sad, pathetic, hated old man. And history will remember it.

I had the pleasure of talking to his clown of a son many years ago. He ended up walking away, didn't like what he was hearing ๐Ÿ˜‰
  10. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    18 Oct '16 19:01
    Originally posted by FMF
    You're bald !!
  11. Joined
    12 Nov '06
    Moves
    18 Oct '16 19:58
    Work from home professional beer taster.
  12. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    18 Oct '16 22:36
    Originally posted by FMF
    am i allowed to be frivolous if it rhymes???
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Oct '16 23:54
    Originally posted by rookie54
    am i allowed to be frivolous if it rhymes???
    As long as it's not as a Differentiator Of Lemons & Limes.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Oct '16 23:55
    Originally posted by mghrn55
    You're bald !!
    You wish you had been my barber?
  15. Mar-a-Lago
    Moves
    19 Oct '16 00:00
    I wanted to be a gigolo but I failed the oral exam.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree