Jobs You Might Have Had

Jobs You Might Have Had

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

w

Moves
19 Oct 16

I've been offered a position on the illuminati but I declined.

I decided I would not join after learning there were not French benefits.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
19 Oct 16

Originally posted by whodey
I've been offered a position on the illuminati but I declined.

I decided I would not join after learning there were not French benefits.
One of your less bright decisions🙂

PAR

The World

Moves
19 Oct 16

Originally posted by FMF
Are there any jobs that you almost had, or wished you'd had, or once planned to have, or would have (if you could start over)? I'd be more interested in kinds of ordinary jobs and careers that wouldn't have needed some extravagant talent or fortuitous circumstances, rather than pipe dreams or fantasies.
I wanted to work at GCHQ (UK's intelligence area), guess I should have applied really...

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
19 Oct 16

Originally posted by Paul A Roberts
I wanted to work at GCHQ (UK's intelligence area), guess I should have applied really...
A female friend who is an electron microscope technician, very good at her job and also very beautiful lady, was once asked how she ever got such a choice job. She shrugged and said 'I applied'. Funny how that works out. Who would have known you have to actually apply for a job to get it.

w

Moves
19 Oct 16

Originally posted by sonhouse
One of your less bright decisions🙂
😠

Moves
19 Oct 16

Originally posted by sonhouse
A female friend who is an electron microscope technician, very good at her job and also very beautiful lady, was once asked how she ever got such a choice job. She shrugged and said 'I applied'. Funny how that works out. Who would have known you have to actually apply for a job to get it.
Sometimes you a sought after by the "competition", which was what happened to me on two occasions. It's amazing the negotiating power that gives one.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
19 Oct 16

Originally posted by Great Big Stees
Sometimes you a sought after by the "competition", which was what happened to me on two occasions. It's amazing the negotiating power that gives one.
My present job, now 5 years in, I got because of a job shop job I had at another company, and this traveling science salesman, Bernie Reisner, is like a force carrier of the nuclear forces, he goes to a lot of companies in New Jersey where I work and he knew I was at Thin Films, Inc as a temp. So Arshad the owner was talking to Bernie, was asked if he knew of a technician this other company was looking for, and Arshod says yes there is DJ (Me), and he gave me a really nice recommend, he told Bernie I was one of the best.

So Bernie goes to the company I work for now, tells them about me, the call me up, I go down, didn't even have CV and we started talking and an hour later they said come to work TOMORROW🙂 I never have given them a resume.

Later one of our Phd process engineer told me he never expected to find someone as compitetent as I turned out to be. I have some major skills in the semiconductor world and they are very happy to have found me.

So I bypassed all the usual protocalls for job searches.
It was great for one big reason, I had gotten my last unemployment check that same week!

I thought maybe I would have some time to get ready for the new job but they needed me RIGHT NOW🙂

So here I am, 5 years later and they think I am an electronic god🙂