1. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Feb '16 13:25
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    What about the accused being allowed to interview their victims?
    What about it?
  2. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    12 Feb '16 13:28
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    What about it?
    Are you in favour of this or should it be scrapped?
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Feb '16 13:30
    Originally posted by FMF
    Should any people found to have tried to cover up or assist with covering up sexual abuse be liable to prosecution for criminal conspiracy or something similar?
    I have no idea how the law stands.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Feb '16 13:31
    Are you in favour of this or should it be scrapped?
    I have not thought about it.
  5. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    12 Feb '16 13:33
    I have not thought about it.
    Have a think.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Feb '16 13:34
    I have no idea how the law stands.
    That wasn't what I asked you. Let's put it this way: Do you yourself think covering up sexual abuse deserves to be treated as something along the lines of criminal conspiracy, or aiding & abetting a crime, or obstruction of justice or some such. Looking here for your personal view, not a comment about your legal knowledge.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Feb '16 13:34
    Have a think.
    Ok I will.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Feb '16 13:35
    Ok I will.
    Have one of your "reflects" also if you get chance
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Feb '16 13:38
    Originally posted by FMF
    That wasn't what I asked you. Let's put it this way: Do you yourself think covering up sexual abuse deserves to be treated as something along the lines of criminal conspiracy, or aiding & abetting a crime, or obstruction of justice or some such. Looking here for your personal view, not a comment about your legal knowledge.
    I think if there was mandatory reporting it would solve a lot of issues then people who knew or suspected abuse could be held liable for failing to report it.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Feb '16 13:39
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Have one of your "reflects" also if you get chance
    Id be more concerned about myself if I was you.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Feb '16 13:40
    I think if there was mandatory reporting it would solve a lot of issues then people who knew or suspected abuse could be held liable for failing to report it.
    Should such people ~ who fail to report what is a serious crime ~ be treated as criminals and prosecuted as such, in your view?
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Feb '16 13:421 edit
    The downside of mandatory reporting is that perpetrators may be less likely to come forward if they know that as soon as they do it will be reported. There is also the matter of corroboration. I knew one man who was not a witness whose step daughter falsely accused him of abuse over a family row about money.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Feb '16 13:46
    The downside of mandatory reporting is that perpetrators may be less likely to come forward if they know that as soon as they do it will be reported.
    Shouldn't the perpetrators answer for their serious crimes to society at large and don't the victims and their families deserve justice?
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Feb '16 13:471 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Shouldn't the perpetrators answer for their serious crimes to society at large and don't the victims and their families deserve justice?
    This does not even address the point that I made. Criminals should be brought to justice and people have recourse to justice.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Feb '16 13:49
    This does not even address the point that I made. Criminals should be brought to justice and people have recourse to justice.
    But isn't an adult guilty of criminal actions as soon as he starts sexually abusing a child?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree